Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: Leyden - I love your post and you are so correct. I have found many friends here too. Some were here when I was here before and some new ones. I enjoy reading your posts. You are so inspiring! It's so nice to have a place to come to and share with like-minded Catholic people.
God Bless!
I Especially like being able to share with other Catholics who follow the teachings of the church and who believe in them. These people can be hard to find in day to day life.
Jul 6th 2013 new
A spouse can be found here. High probability it would be a LDR, but a LDR of 150 - 400 miles is doable - even up to 1000 miles.

The beauty of CM is, IF the people are honest, a strong spiritual and intellectual relationship can be built fairly easily.

Too bad most CM potentials won't be local and IRL. IRL, don't dismiss them. 2 local women, who have been friends for awhile, and I ran the Bluegrass 10,000 two days ago. They're young, but are women. One is 27, and I met her in the Bluegrass 10,000 about 10 years ago. My sister knows the 27-yo and agreed w/ me that "she is growing up", and indeed a woman. The other I guessed was 40 - 45, but after published Bluegrass 10,000 results, I now know she's in the 35 - 39 age group. Age difference can be tough - I think either of these two women would accept a date from me ... but will I ask?
Jul 6th 2013 new
I'm not fretting over it. I am here. God will open doors or keep them closed as he sees fit. I trust on His love to guide my life. Thank God this is a position that I have finally arrived at.
Jul 6th 2013 new
I doubt it. To be honest, I don't know what I expect. What I do know is my parish has very weird demographics, so I came stumbling over here for the heck of it. I'm up in October; might not stick around after then. I wish there was a really big, comprehensive traditionalist singles site out there; the few I've looked don't seem to have much going on. Whatever...
Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Victoria-691000 said: I have never been married myself. Why should it count against you that you've never been married? Never- marrieds have just not found the right person yet, it's that simple. This is why I don't post much in the forums anymore. What do people want never- marrieds to do? Go out and get married just to get married so that they can get divorced and then be deemed "acceptable"? So it's ok to be divorced, but if you've never been married there is something wrong with you? Excuse me?
Victoria, I disagree with you. Who said there is something wrong with you because you have never been married??? Who said that???? Also your comment about it being ok if you are divorced who said that ??? I would like to know??? I am divorced and wish I was not !!! Most divorced people did not get married so that could get divorced and that is ok according to you??? Who said that???? I would love to know !!!!
Jul 6th 2013 new
eyebrow Well...you're here, so you must be somewhat convinced still.
Jul 7th 2013 new
See, this is why I don't post much anymore. I agree with you Kathy...I was not disagreeing with you.......who said there is anything wrong with some folks b/c some have never been married?NOTHING. I said the same thing in an earlier post. I was responding to someone else's post. Take them to task instead, please.
As far as being divorced or not, it had to do again with the "why have you never been married" thing. I'm sorry if I offended you, too complicated too get into to explain the whole thing over again. Again, I was responding to someone else's negative post in defense of never marrieds. God, this is exhausting. Go back to earlier posts please. I was responding to someone else earlier. I give up.
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-975374 said: I'm happy being single forever, if it's what God wants. Though it would be a bummer because I love kids and want plenty of them (please God). Speaking for myself, it's probably more likely I'll find someone in real life. But I gave the good Lord this option just in case.
Great attitude, Tom! I'm in agreement, no sense getting worked up about anything.
God is in charge... : )

Dominus tecum!
Jul 7th 2013 new
I did find someone here and we are soon to be married. In fact two other couples who met via CM are getting married the same day we are. .. Colette and Tom got married last Saturday.. The site works if you work it and are patient.
Jul 7th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I don't use CM for "dating"; I use it for communicating via the internet with like minded Catholics. If you use it for "dating" (in addition to other dating resources) you will be VERY disappointed. But it is no different than using nightclubs or any other "dating" venue; ultimately they are all a disappointing because of that dirty word: EXPECTATIONS. Remove EXPECTATIONS from your CM experience and just enjoy the PEOPLE beyond the screen. Appreciate their humor, their knowledge, and their ability to share something of interest. Blessings to you.
Joan, I agree! I have been off and on here for 7 years and it is for the community aspect, not the "expectation." It is social networking with like minded Catholics. theheart
Posts 81 - 90 of 109