Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 07 new
Good morning Donna

I wish you all the happiness you deserve. We have talked in the past and we both are proof that dedication wins. We must take control of our own tiller and we will conquer the seas of life.

God love all

Philip
Jul 07 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: Victoria, I disagree with you. Who said there is something wrong with you because you have never been married??? Who said that???? Also your comment about it being ok if you are divorced who said that ??? I would like to know??? I am divorced and wish I was not !!! Most divorced people did not get married so that could get divorced and that is ok according to you??? Who said that???? I would love to know !!!!
Kathy
Read through the thread of this forum. There are men that think that if you have never been married, it is a big red flag. Makes one want to change their status to annulled just to see if it makes a difference. (I know that is not right and I have no intention of doing that, however, it did cross my mind)
Jul 07 new
Just to clarify: my last post was in response to Michelle, who had commented on my initial post in this thread. Sorry for any confusion.
Jul 07 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: I did find someone here and we are soon to be married. In fact two other couples who met via CM are getting married the same day we are. .. Colette and Tom got married last Saturday.. The site works if you work it and are patient.
Hi Donna! Congratulations to the two of you. I'll miss your wit and wisdom on CM.
Jul 07 new
Rita,
Thanks for your suggestion. However, it doesn't matter if someone doesn't like the fact you were never married before, are divorced, short, tall, with or without hair. Who Cares???? You are never going to please everyone. If someone criticizes you because you were never married then he\she is not the one for you. Move on. There will be someone who loves you for you. Don't let other people's unkind words bother you. Just be the best person you can be and live the best life you can. Pray to find someone who will appreciate and love you for you. There will always be those who don't like this or that but don't let them discourage you. You can't please everyone. Just be true to yourself.
Jul 07 new
nope

I've found many good friends on here though which counts for a lot
Jul 07 new
Beautifully said Brian...
Jul 07 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: I did find someone here and we are soon to be married. In fact two other couples who met via CM are getting married the same day we are. .. Colette and Tom got married last Saturday.. The site works if you work it and are patient.
Great news, Donna! Congratulations, and wishing you the very best! You are another inspiration to the rest of us. May your joined life be sweet, and your trials gentle; help each other to Heaven. In Jesus Saving Name, we pray. Praying
Jul 07 new
Trish, you've got a beauty of a thread going here. There are some wonderful observations, some painful frustrations, glorious Hope, and even thankfulness. I like to think this is one of the best things going on here with CM.

I have one more thing to add, it derives from a devotional work of Protestant origins, but is mostly consistent with (at least my best understanding of) The Gospel in particular and the Bible overall. As has already been noted, EXPECTATIONS can be our greatest roadblock. This little book would tell us (as Jesus speaking) that we must avoid expectation and Trust in Him; and that expectations can easily consume us, diverting us from The Father's Will, thus becoming an idol that we effectively worship in conflict with His Commandments.

We each have our Hopes - God knows them even better than we do. I have learned to pray: Lord, You know my heart, my desires, my dreams, and my fears - all of what I am, have been, and will be; Grant me Your Peace, and the Grace to Trust in You and to have the strength to press on and do my part.

I have learned and then relied on this very much over the past 3+ years while dealing with my divorce, continuing to raise and guide my sons, and dodge one layoff cycle after another. In addition I have prayerfully gone through a discernment (God got the message through that I'm "...not done being a Father!" to my sons), and realized that I am called to Marriage. (There also seemed to be an emphatic, "Now get off your tail, find your annulment papers, and get them done - I've got Plans for you!).

CM is a resource where by we can present ourselves for God's Purposes, which include fellowship, learning and growing our Faith with the help of each other, and perhaps being available by way of our profiles, so that another might see us and hear, "That's the one. Send a Message." I too have gotten full measure and more for the cost of my membership.
I thank God for all of you, and to the one that might be in my future: I hope to be available soon; I look forward to meeting you!
Jul 08 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: I Especially like being able to share with other Catholics who follow the teachings of the church and who believe in them. These people can be hard to find in day to day life.
Yes, Marian! That's what makes CM special. theheart
Posts 91 - 100 of 109