Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sending a smile to someone...

Jun 30th 2013 new
I kind of feel that when you send a smile to someone and they don't reply back to me it seems they are afraid you will take it as being interested if they do. I reply back to say hi to acknowledge them. Just like my kids and I are out walking we pass someone I say hi.
Just a thought... biggrin
Jun 30th 2013 new
Anymore these days I just focus on what I do get, rather than what I don't see in my inbox. Even then I don't dwell much on what I do get. I just respond in a way that is consistent with who I am. I leave it at that. Too much thought about all of this is the greatest way to suck joy out of life.
Jun 30th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-961646 said: I kind of feel that when you send a smile to someone and they don't reply back to me it seems they are afraid you will take it as being interested if they do. I reply back to say hi to acknowledge them. Just like my kids and I are out walking we pass someone I say hi.
Just a thought...
Anne I agree but I know that if you don't get one back don't take it wrong just move on. I think you will find for every 10 smiles you send you may get1 back also many times the person you send them to may not be a very active member many times just because they have a profile does not mean they check their account. I would say just keep plugging away.
Jul 4th 2013 new
With my two cents if they don't reply back then they're probably not interested. If someone sends you something back then that person is probably interested.

By sending an emotigram, include a message with it and probably send more than one emotigram and see what happens. Good luck! wave
Jul 4th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: Anne I agree but I know that if you don't get one back don't take it wrong just move on. I think you will find for every 10 smiles you send you may get1 back also many times the person you send them to may not be a very active member many times just because they have a profile does not mean they check their account. I would say just keep plugging away.
You've got it Steven! Move on! thumbsup
Jul 5th 2013 new
I will often send a smile and a comment on a well written profile or a response in the forums, even if they are clearly not for me. I consider it the equivalent of warm conversation with strangers on the street. Brightens my day to send, hope it pleases them to receive.
Jul 5th 2013 new
BINGO. It's like nodding or smiling at someone you pass on the sidewalk. Maybe the opening for something more, maybe not.

Sadly, I have heard of people who have sent a "smile" -- and found themselves blocked! eyepopping
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: BINGO. It's like nodding or smiling at someone you pass on the sidewalk. Maybe the opening for something more, maybe not.

Sadly, I have heard of people who have sent a "smile" -- and found themselves blocked!

How does one block ????...It's time to weed out the players and fiigidity that abounds...
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: I will often send a smile and a comment on a well written profile or a response in the forums, even if they are clearly not for me. I consider it the equivalent of warm conversation with strangers on the street. Brightens my day to send, hope it pleases them to receive.
Ditto. I think this site is an opportunity for sharing Love in general, with the hopes and the attempts at finding love in the specific.
Jul 5th 2013 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: I will often send a smile and a comment on a well written profile or a response in the forums, even if they are clearly not for me. I consider it the equivalent of warm conversation with strangers on the street. Brightens my day to send, hope it pleases them to receive.
Exactly....... smile
Posts 1 - 10 of 15