Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

A Christian perspective from Egypt

www.diosc.com (pdf file)

"Greetings in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

"The situation in Egypt is very serious. I do not know where this situation will take us. I feel that Egypt is at the verge of violent demonstrations, another revolution, or civil war. We do not know what is going to happen, but we know that we are at the edge of something drastic."

The bishop goes on to describe the demonstrations, the sides. Many religious leaders are issuing conflicting statements about God's will. (You can guess who said what.)

= = = = = =

This is a very serious situation. Nevertheless, I found a tiny bit of unintentional humor in the Bishop's letter:

"Yesterday, in an attempt to calm the situation, the President delivered a 2.5 hour speech."

Perhaps Morsi thought to put everyone asleep.

"Unfortunately, the speech stirred the people even more."

The best laid plans . . .

= = = = = =

His letter closes with:

The Most Rev. Dr. Mouneer Hanna Anis
Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican Diocese of Egypt
with North Africa and the Horn of Africa
President Bishop of the Episcopal / Anglican
Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East