Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What Do You Dream.......

Jul 1st 2013 new
about? We all have goals and dreams for our lives. But what do you dream about....literally? Some of you will say you don't dream or don't remember. Same here with some of mine. But there ARE those I DO remember. So....what do you dream about? Funny stuff, embarrassing (let's keep it clean!) or silly? Or, if you care to share...what about scary ones?
Okay here goes: When I was a senior in high school...the prom was coming up. In fact, it was getting too late really to ask anyone (about two weeks) But I did have my eye on a junior who was in my government class. With about two weeks to go....I had a dream about asking this girl. (she lived down the street and around the corner) In the dream though....I was wearing a tank top and cut-off raggedy shorts. And I was barefoot. I had decided to walk down the street and ask this girl out. I rang her doorbell and SHE answered. I just said....ummm...would you like to go to the prom? She said YES! (but in the dream) So when I awoke....I decided it was time to put the shyness away...and ask for real. So after class I asked her. "Hey Deb the prom is two weeks away...and I know it's short notice but would you like to go?" She said YES! (for real!) And we had a great time. On our way home from the hotel/convention center where it was...she asked how about I came to ask her. I made my confession! She roared about the dream...ha!
Your turn.......
Jul 1st 2013 new
I seldom remember dreams, and seldom dream about real people.
Most of the dreams I do remember involve my telling someone that something must be done NOW...and he/she ignores me. boggled
Jul 1st 2013 new
I dream about loving and being loved -- but I can't see the face -- I just feel the yearning!
Jul 1st 2013 new

I do have some happy dreams at times,,,,,and then partial nightmares that I'll be alone for my remaining years on Earth...Then Die alone,,,,and then find that God is not the loving merciful God of The New Covenant,,but instead a ruthless- punishing-unforgiving God who remembers everything I ever did wrong...

Being alone there is no one to share the happy,,the sad,,and all in between...
Jul 1st 2013 new
Yes I am with you there Kenny. Those type do occur on occasion. But, when I awaken to a "new" day and look at the sunshine....I realize what a warm and loving God we have. One day we'll get it all explained to us I'm sure!
Jul 1st 2013 new
Rachel...that is an interesting one! I have had one about asking someone to marry me.....only to have her (whoever that one may because NO face!) say NO. OOPS!
Jul 1st 2013 new
Marge, don't you hate it when that happens!
Jul 1st 2013 new
This is a silly and somewhat scary one. Just the other night I dreamt this strange voice called me as I was retiring for the evening and identified himself as an FBI agent. He said he was coming over to ask me questions (about what I didn't get the details) And he mentioned..."You might as well open the door because if you don't I'll have a key to get in"! I was incredulous in the dream and didn't believe this guy. But almost as soon as I put the phone down..there was a knock at the door. It was him! I didn't answer...testing whether he had a key or not. I then heard keys being rattled as I sprung for the door. As he found the one that turned the lock I put both hands on the door and tried to push. He was using his shoulder and got in though! We wrestled as he was asking me questions. Huh? He then somehow tied a strap to my arm...an electrical device and put the other in a vial of water. I was being shocked! I wrestled him to the floor as I was trying to wake up. It was almost as though I had to "shake" myself awake! I did. Have you all ever had the ones where you just couldn't wake up?
Jul 1st 2013 new
I always seem to dream about being lost, and can't find my way home. I would be driving in some unknown town, and I would keep on driving trying to find my way home. But each road I would take would lead me back to where I started. boggled

Guess that's a metaphor of my life. scratchchin I feel lost in this crazy mixed up world. Each road I take seems to be a dead end. Oh...Lord...I need You to be my Guide in this crazy journey of life. Please.....Lord....take me by the hand and walk with me. I need You by my side. Praying rosary theheart
Jul 1st 2013 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: I always seem to dream about being lost, and can't find my way home. I would be driving in some unknown town, and I would keep on driving trying to find my way home. But each road I would take would lead me back to where I started.

Guess that's a metaphor of my life. I feel lost in this crazy mixed up world. Each road I take seems to be a dead end. Oh...Lord...I need You to be my Guide in this crazy journey of life. Please.....Lord....take me by the hand and walk with me. I need You by my side.
Thanks for posting Susan. And I've had similar ones as well. I had one many times over (not unlike the bar scene in "Heavenly Kid" where each door you excited made you end up at the same scene!) Thankfully Our Lord is with us every step of the way...no matter whether these minds of ours replay "fragmented" files in our dreams.
Posts 1 - 10 of 80