Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 2nd 2013 new
Thanks for the welcome, Jerry!

Well I guess it would be cheating to say my dreams are completely coherent, or that I've remembered all of my dreams, but the line get's thinner all the time.

I will say that I appreciate the resonance of this idea in myself and others.

Another thing worth noting is that it more represents a dramatic encounter with truth for me, not necessarily some sort of perpetual state of grace. The dream I had last night, for example, might best be categorized as somewhere between Saul's vision, and the lost final chapter of The Screwtape Letters. :0]

I'm no elf, but here's hopin'
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Jerry, Can't top that dream. It's great when a happy dream turns into reality. I would like to have a happy dream that turns into reality. Any suggestions? Maryjane
Jul 2nd 2013 new

I dream that maybe there is just ONE woman who has the FIRE and is HUNGRY to try for wonderful Sweetheart love .....

Wait,,I guess that is a hope,,,not so much a dream....

But in the old song ""Dreamlover"" it is stated that:::::

""" I want a Dreamlover so I don't have to dream alone""""

Does that count Jerry ??

Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Jerry, Can't top that dream. It's great when a happy dream turns into reality. I would like to have a happy dream that turns into reality. Any suggestions? Maryjane
Which one MaryJane?
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

I dream that maybe there is just ONE woman who has the FIRE and is HUNGRY to try for wonderful Sweetheart love .....

Wait,,I guess that is a hope,,,not so much a dream....

But in the old song ""Dreamlover"" it is stated that:

""" I want a Dreamlover so I don't have to dream alone""""

Does that count Jerry ??

Kenny LOL! Are you sure you're not a "Dream Weaver" as in Gary Wright's song? What I meant in the beginning was ACTUAL dreams. Yes I do like to dream...."daydream" would be more apt that love is here or around the corner (and that may be another thread) But what do you ACTUALLY dream? Some say they don't or they don't remember....and that is fine. Do you remember any?
Jul 2nd 2013 new
Though this is addressed to young people I think it applies to all those called by Christ to be like a child. I read it from a friend's Facebook post, and came back to it while contemplating other things:

"We, who by the grace of God are Catholics, must not squander the best years of our lives as so many unhappy young people do, who worry about enjoying the good things in life, things that do not in fact bring any good, but rather the fruit of immorality in today's world. We must prepare ourselves to be ready and handle the struggles we will have to endure to fulfill our goals. [...] But, in order for this to happen we need the following: constant prayer to obtain God's grace, without which our efforts are vain, organisation, and discipline [...] and finally we need to sacrifice our own desire because without this we will not achieve our goal." -Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati

Part of preparing can simply be recognizing the inevitable resurrection , refraining from even the slightest evil, and embracing whole-heartedly even the slightest good.

Not that I'm some sort of expert, but one of my vices is irregular sleep. Part of my abstinence was to simply pray and wait till the appropriate hour before letting go for the night.

Rene Girard said that what the churches often don't emphasize enough is that human beings like drama, that we like to see ourselves as the protagonist in an epic struggle against evil, and that what the gospels reveal--in large part--is that this is true, for each and every one of us; And ' that that was something he found very encouraging.

I believe in the hero in you Maryjane :0]



Jul 2nd 2013 new
The last dream I remember happened just a few days ago. I walked to a church event and there sat a woman I have had a secret crush on for quite some time who happens to be my vet I called her by her professional name and she said to call her by her given name. I sat down and made small talk there was a stray dog that someone had found on the church grounds I said I might be interested in taking in the stray dog the dog whimpered and we both reached for the dog at the same time and our hands touched. Then we laughed and then the alarm went off.
Jul 3rd 2013 new
I love dreams of where I can lean into a breeze and be lifted off the ground ,the higher I get I can catch a current but have to paddle back a bit to not go too high.I'm always sad when the dream ends as it feels so natural and normal.
I dreamed a vivid dream last Summer(here) that I had a new house set in a bright green field,made of stone.
The last family were yet to move out and I heard their laughter as I walked up to the cottage.Happy children were outside playing and I could see possessions through the windows-books on shelves, wicker chairs,fishing gear, pot plants.I noticed a noise in the back ground so walked over the grassy rise and there was the sea-very sparkly in the sun.Blue sky,green grass ,bright sun reflecting off the waves. It still feels really clear.
Jul 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: I love dreams of where I can lean into a breeze and be lifted off the ground ,the higher I get I can catch a current but have to paddle back a bit to not go too high.I'm always sad when the dream ends as it feels so natural and normal.
I dreamed a vivid dream last Summer(here) that I had a new house set in a bright green field,made of stone.
The last family were yet to move out and I heard their laughter as I walked up to the cottage.Happy children were outside playing and I could see possessions through the windows-books on shelves, wicker chairs,fishing gear, pot plants.I noticed a noise in the back ground so walked over the grassy rise and there was the sea-very sparkly in the sun.Blue sky,green grass ,bright sun reflecting off the waves. It still feels really clear.
Wow. Cool....and certainly vivid dream Anne! Thank you.
Jul 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Steven-94269 said: The last dream I remember happened just a few days ago. I walked to a church event and there sat a woman I have had a secret crush on for quite some time who happens to be my vet I called her by her professional name and she said to call her by her given name. I sat down and made small talk there was a stray dog that someone had found on the church grounds I said I might be interested in taking in the stray dog the dog whimpered and we both reached for the dog at the same time and our hands touched. Then we laughed and then the alarm went off.
Steven, if I didn't know you WERE dreaming I would have thought it to be true!
I once had a crush on a 6th grader in my class. She had NO interest in me...but all the interest in the world in another guy.
One night I dreamt I was knocked out on the play ground. (a baseball...don't know what) I was lying flat on my back. This girl was the first to arrive and knelt down next to me putting her hand on my head and saying..."Oh...Jerry I hope you are okay" I remember the feeling I got when she did that. I was like "Wow...she really does like me!" I then woke up! Rats!
The dream was so vivid I wanted to go up to her the next day. Course I don't know what I would have said! laughing Maybe:
"Hey you liked me in my dream well enough...why ignore me today!" Not to be! laughing
Posts 31 - 40 of 80