Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 07 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Thanks for posting Ann. Interesting question. Yes I do believe sometimes they do. For instance, when the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan died...he had had a dream (which he recounted to his band members) which entailed him going to his own funeral. The next day or, night he died in the fatal helicopter crash.
Here is one of the good ones though.
About 3 years after my Father passed away I had a dream I was fishing in this large creek which traverses Richardson, Texas. (don't know if fishing is still allowed but this creek does exist) The creek passes through woods...and paved trails run alongside it in many places. Also, there are bridges which cross the stream....in some areas. I dreamed I was fishing not far from one of the bridges. (can't remember if I was catching any!) I looked up at one point...and there was my Father coming across the bridge with a smile while looking directly at me. I jumped up. I could not believe my eyes and yelled "Dad!" He was dressed as he usually did (nothing remarkable) but was a healthier version from what I remembered when his heart and cancer got him. We hugged...and he sat down with me. He spoke very softly of being "okay" and for me not to worry. He then asked me how I was...and we spoke for awhile. His gaze into my eyes let me know he was definitely okay. He then said....he missed me..but would see me again. Then he stood up and said, "Sorry son, but I have to get going" I was like, "Do you have to?" He nodded and hugged me again as we said goodbye. He saw I was crying but assured me...he was in perfect happiness. I watched as he crossed the bridge...and he looked back once and that was it. I woke up but had real tears running down my face! Go figure~
Jerry,

Your dad did come back to visit you to let you know he was at peace.
when our young cousin died from a gunshot wound while trying to help out his fellow police partners, the next evening he came to my mothers bedside to tell her what exactly had happened during that shootout and also told her of his partners fate from being shot (which turned out to be true). You, my friend, like my mother have been given the gift of being comforted by a love one who has passed on.
Jul 07 new
My most memorable dream was a few years ago. I was walking on a beach and a gorgeous man with curly black hair was coming toward me with a huge smile on his face & hugged me & told me that he had been waiting all of his life to meet me. Of course, I was younger in the dream. We started walking down the beach & then I woke up.


Jul 09 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Jerry,

Your dad did come back to visit you to let you know he was at peace.
when our young cousin died from a gunshot wound while trying to help out his fellow police partners, the next evening he came to my mothers bedside to tell her what exactly had happened during that shootout and also told her of his partners fate from being shot (which turned out to be true). You, my friend, like my mother have been given the gift of being comforted by a love one who has passed on.
Thank you Connie. I don't know if I have any gifts where this is concerned....but this is ONE dream I happen to believe had substance. Thanks for sharing.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Phyllis-558835 said: My most memorable dream was a few years ago. I was walking on a beach and a gorgeous man with curly black hair was coming toward me with a huge smile on his face & hugged me & told me that he had been waiting all of his life to meet me. Of course, I was younger in the dream. We started walking down the beach & then I woke up.


Thanks for sharing Phyllis~
Jul 09 new
This is along the lines of funny/silly. I had a Golden Retriever who was very smart. When we would say, "Do you want to go for a ride in the car?" She would jump up...place her front paws on the counter and knock her leash down with her nose. She then would gather it all up and go to the front door...where she would wait patiently.
The dream however took everything to a whole new level! I dreamed she was talking to me....and telling me she wanted to switch foods...and wanted me to always be in a good mood (like her!) and that she wanted to use the bathroom....same as us...and was sick and tired of sleeping on the floor! (so REAL) The next morning....I looked at her and said..."Anything else on your mind Ms Chloe?" laughing (she did raise her ears)
Jul 09 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: This is along the lines of funny/silly. I had a Golden Retriever who was very smart. When we would say, "Do you want to go for a ride in the car?" She would jump up...place her front paws on the counter and knock her leash down with her nose. She then would gather it all up and go to the front door...where she would wait patiently.
The dream however took everything to a whole new level! I dreamed she was talking to me....and telling me she wanted to switch foods...and wanted me to always be in a good mood (like her!) and that she wanted to use the bathroom....same as us...and was sick and tired of sleeping on the floor! (so REAL) The next morning....I looked at her and said..."Anything else on your mind Ms Chloe?" (she did raise her ears)
LOL
in my dream I chose all 6 numbers for the lottery. when I woke up, I thought I had won for real. wow, what a dream. often times I will play those numbers but sadly have never won,.........yet.

another time I dreamed that all my teeth were falling out, spitting out each tooth. never did find out the meaning for that one.

In a dream where someone dies, it means someone will be getting married. it's a good dream.

I've had reoccuring dreams where I drove past former homes. They were Victorian type homes. wish those dreams came true. I love those types of houses.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: LOL
in my dream I chose all 6 numbers for the lottery. when I woke up, I thought I had won for real. wow, what a dream. often times I will play those numbers but sadly have never won,.........yet.

another time I dreamed that all my teeth were falling out, spitting out each tooth. never did find out the meaning for that one.

In a dream where someone dies, it means someone will be getting married. it's a good dream.

I've had reoccuring dreams where I drove past former homes. They were Victorian type homes. wish those dreams came true. I love those types of houses.
Ha! I've had those ones about the lottery...Connie, but never can remember the numbers! If I did....I'd play them!
Jul 09 new
This is a dream I've shared before. It is one which I feel is the most telling and profound one...I've ever had. And when I re-tell it.....I get goose-bumps...because of how vivid and beautiful it was.
Let me start off by saying my Mom had a special relationship with Blessed Mother. Part of her daily routine was to meditate....and recite the rosary every day.
About 2 to 3 months out...from her passing (she was dying from cancer) I was afraid of what it was going to be like when she died. I knew in my heart I would be there for her...since she wanted to die at home (I just happened to have a bad case of "fear of the unknown). And hated to face it. (she was after all, the centerpiece of our family) I dreamed I was walking her down a white road. Don't know/remember how I was dressed but she was in a white gown/robe of some sort. The road came to a crossing. One could go left; right or straight ahead (up a hill) We stopped. My words to her were; "Mom...I don't know which way we should go" Just as I said this....a figure was coming down the hill....and she was in the white robe with the gold lame coming down the front. I was astonished as I saw it was the Mother of God! She was walking so smoothly....kind of gliding down the hill. I took my Mom's hand and said..."Oh my gosh Mom look who has come to get you!" As if on cue...I let go of her hand and stepped back as Mary looked at her, turned around while putting her arm around her waist. As she was doing so...she looked over Mom's shoulder and fixed her gaze directly at me. (contrary to many images and statues I've seen where her eyes were blue....her eyes in this dream were dark or brown) Her lips did not move...but she more or less conveyed to me these words: "Your Mom is going to be okay now....I'm going to take care of her" They then began walking up the hill while I stayed behind. As they walked up the hill they were talking...and a couple of times Blessed Mother would throw her head back laughing. Mom never looked back...and though a bit sad...I was so happy for her.
When I awoke from this dream....all the apprehension and fear had left me. I knew about what to expect. Not gonna ever say death is easy...especially that one...but my perspective of death changed for the better~




Jul 09 new
I dream of Jeannie... www.youtube.com

Seriously, though... I often dream of flying, especially if I'm walking across a large open space, I'll have an almost palpable sensation that I could just lean forward and take to the air.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: This is a dream I've shared before. It is one which I feel is the most telling and profound one...I've ever had. And when I re-tell it.....I get goose-bumps...because of how vivid and beautiful it was.
Let me start off by saying my Mom had a special relationship with Blessed Mother. Part of her daily routine was to meditate....and recite the rosary every day.
About 2 to 3 months out...from her passing (she was dying from cancer) I was afraid of what it was going to be like when she died. I knew in my heart I would be there for her...since she wanted to die at home (I just happened to have a bad case of "fear of the unknown). And hated to face it. (she was after all, the centerpiece of our family) I dreamed I was walking her down a white road. Don't know/remember how I was dressed but she was in a white gown/robe of some sort. The road came to a crossing. One could go left; right or straight ahead (up a hill) We stopped. My words to her were; "Mom...I don't know which way we should go" Just as I said this....a figure was coming down the hill....and she was in the white robe with the gold lame coming down the front. I was astonished as I saw it was the Mother of God! She was walking so smoothly....kind of gliding down the hill. I took my Mom's hand and said..."Oh my gosh Mom look who has come to get you!" As if on cue...I let go of her hand and stepped back as Mary looked at her, turned around while putting her arm around her waist. As she was doing so...she looked over Mom's shoulder and fixed her gaze directly at me. (contrary to many images and statues I've seen where her eyes were blue....her eyes in this dream were dark or brown) Her lips did not move...but she more or less conveyed to me these words: "Your Mom is going to be okay now....I'm going to take care of her" They then began walking up the hill while I stayed behind. As they walked up the hill they were talking...and a couple of times Blessed Mother would throw her head back laughing. Mom never looked back...and though a bit sad...I was so happy for her.
When I awoke from this dream....all the apprehension and fear had left me. I knew about what to expect. Not gonna ever say death is easy...especially that one...but my perspective of death changed for the better~




what a beautiful dream. You were blessed to have been shown the beauty of what was to come even though it was heartbreaking for you. Jerry, please consider writing a book of all your dreams. I know it will benefit everyone and will touch the lives of all who read it.
Posts 51 - 60 of 80