Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Single again...

Jul 2nd 2013 new
Well, I was always single. But last week my girlfriend broke up with me. We both like each other very much, but she is not Catholic, and while she is searching she is not ready to look at some aspects of Catholicism. It was interesting because we sat down and started discussing the faith aspects and it was a very well thought out and respectful discussion. She was actually really interested about NFP, but then she did some research, on her own, decided that NFP did not work and that was pretty much that... I have no idea what she looked at (I asked her where she looked and she said she didn't remember) so it was actually super abrupt.

I don't regret the experience. I knew that there was a chance that it could end up like this, but I felt like there was a good enough chance and she was really worth it. We both kept our heads on our shoulders and kept it chaste the entire time...

Prayers for both of us of course are appreciated. And for everyone suffering through a break up.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I'm sorry for your disappointment. But I'm glad it was handled in a dignified and factual way.
Go eat some ice cream and we'll see you in the forums again. hug
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Well, I was always single. But last week my girlfriend broke up with me. We both like each other very much, but she is not Catholic, and while she is searching she is not ready to look at some aspects of Catholicism. It was interesting because we sat down and started discussing the faith aspects and it was a very well thought out and respectful discussion. She was actually really interested about NFP, but then she did some research, on her own, decided that NFP did not work and that was pretty much that... I have no idea what she looked at (I asked her where she looked and she said she didn't remember) so it was actually super abrupt.

I don't regret the experience. I knew that there was a chance that it could end up like this, but I felt like there was a good enough chance and she was really worth it. We both kept our heads on our shoulders and kept it chaste the entire time...

Prayers for both of us of course are appreciated. And for everyone suffering through a break up.

So sorry Matt. hug Praying Praying Praying

Jul 2nd 2013 new
Sorry, Matt....Sending you prayers of comfort. One step closer to what God has in store for you eventually. Praying
Jul 2nd 2013 new
My heart goes out to you Matt. I just experienced the worst break-up of my life and I know it hurts
Praying helps and my prayers are with you and all the broken-hearted. rose rose rose
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Well, I was always single. But last week my girlfriend broke up with me. We both like each other very much, but she is not Catholic, and while she is searching she is not ready to look at some aspects of Catholicism. It was interesting because we sat down and started discussing the faith aspects and it was a very well thought out and respectful discussion. She was actually really interested about NFP, but then she did some research, on her own, decided that NFP did not work and that was pretty much that... I have no idea what she looked at (I asked her where she looked and she said she didn't remember) so it was actually super abrupt.

Many many people support you here and you will survive this. Good for you that you kept it chaste. You two will have no regrets and much much less pain.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I am so sorry, Matt. Praying for those with recent loss and those who are broken hearted for any reason.
Jul 2nd 2013 new
that suks.. sorry to hear about that. I know the feeling though.. that's the tough part about dating someone that's not Catholic..there's always the chance that they may not embrace the faith and convert.. and then you end up in a bad situation. Good luck and keep your head up. smile Praying hug
Jul 2nd 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I'm sorry for your disappointment. But I'm glad it was handled in a dignified and factual way.
Go eat some ice cream and we'll see you in the forums again.
laughing thanks marge! wave
Jul 2nd 2013 new
I'm sorry but at least you both tried!! rose heart hersheyskiss
Posts 1 - 10 of 33