Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 6th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: I agree with you 100%. If you stay home all the time, you know what's in store. I've read where you gain more happiness on travel where you are creating memories instead of buying things.

I recently returned from Lake George in Upstate, NY. Gorgeous lake. By chance, I met a woman on the 4th of July who told me her son was a marine and was shot twice in the head on his last tour in the Middle East. He's come a long way. She gave me some of his rubber bracelets and I did notice a guy in a wheelchair nearby. Sad news, there is a website telling his story. She was a very nice woman, I never would have met her if I stayed home.

Actually, some people are better off staying home. They are sticks in the mud who like to spoil things for others.
Julie, my maternal grandmother who lived in Massachusetts, was the last person I can recall who used the term 'stick in the mud.' It was her description of someone who lacked the spirit of adventure.
Posts 11 - 11 of 11