Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Whoa, wait! YOUR subscription came with sandwiches????

All I got was a lousy discount...
Er... we ate yours before you got here....

Jul 9th 2013 new
Dang.
And all these years I've been telling people what a nice man you are, Jerry. irked Kenny eating 'em all wouldn't surprise me, but you -- you -- ! I -- I trusted you! weeping weeping
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Dang.
And all these years I've been telling people what a nice man you are, Jerry. Kenny eating 'em all wouldn't surprise me, but you -- you -- ! I -- I trusted you!
The truth had to come out some time... embarassed

Jul 9th 2013 new
I joined the sight months ago, but ignored it until I started the paid service, just less then a month ago. I have been on other dating sights, for very very short periods of time, just to see who actually shows up in them, and needless to say, it was alarming. I even played around with my profile, and it was like playing a fiddle, I got much more based upon changing it from what kind of work I did, what I drove, and what my hobbies were, between going brainiac to just some "simple" minded guy, and the results were extensively different each time. After hearing the church leaders and members mention "try out this dating sight", I relented and just for the heck of it, signed on as a paying member. I do have to admit, a gal living relatively near my area, that seemed in line with my values and had some things in common was appealing, so I opted to spend the 30 bucks, just to be able to read her PM.....

That all said, it was apparent, this is nothing at all different then any other dating web site, it has some kind of sort of filter towards making sure they have people of the same ideals and faith as each other, but at this stage, it only complicates things, doesn't help. Luckily I didn't come here expecting anything different then any other dating web site. You as a guy, sign up, then are supposed to work it to death, endless random PM's, and use the forums to market yourself on top of it.... isn't this why I pay a place, so I don't have to do that very thing, I could be doing that anywhere for free? Alas, the whole seeing this place advertised on the back of the bulletin at the parishes I attend and have attended, now has me disturbed about it. If it's just a money game for the church to make off of, or if they are just naive, we are about to find out and so it's been a matter of assessing what it's about in the nuances and details, rather then as a whole.

Great original topic, I'm sure it's going to help their market research, my whole aspect being here, we have this stuff all over the place, we don't need to tell them what they already know but refuse to act upon. Bottom line, a devout Catholic comes here to find other devout Catholics that are marrying age, that believe in the full teachings of the church, and the primary volume should be from people that have never been married, not for trying to initiate round two. The whole divorce/annulled/remarry thing, has became way, way too common place and is now the norm, even within the Catholic church... So, this too get's a huge thumbs down.

Anyway, as stated, my time is short here, so I'm opting to, when I respond, write a bit more then usual, don't expect me to be back here posting in a few days.

Jul 9th 2013 new
for the simple reason of these folks are the nicest on the planet!
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: You as a guy, sign up, then are supposed to work it to death, endless random PM's, and use the forums to market yourself on top of it.... isn't this why I pay a place, so I don't have to do that very thing, I could be doing that anywhere for free?
The site provides a database of members who share (or claim to) a common faith, self-provided information about those users, and tools to seek out and communicate with other members of the site. While CM provides a matching tool that uses an extensive set of criteria to attempt to identify members who might be compatible, it is ultimately up to each member to make use of these tools and initiate contact with other members. I have never seen CM claim, or even suggest, that it would initiate contact between members, and they certainly have no control over whether the other members respond to contact attempts.

Modern society is very ego-centric, and the CM membership is not immune from this malady. Peruse the forums and you will see many and frequent complaints of the same nature as yours.

Is there a problem? Absolutely. Is it CM's fault? Not that I can see....

Jul 9th 2013 new
I have been on 2 other dating sites over the years and found them to be like "meat markets". Not what I was looking for.
I came to CM after seeing it on the back of my church bulletin. I wanted to come to a site that had members with the same faith and that means a lot. Although I haven't met anyone yet, I have found a lot of "friends" - male and female!
When my last relationship ended, I immediately came back here. Who knows where it will lead? Only God knows that and he's not tellin'!
Be blessed All!
Jul 9th 2013 new
Brian: Yes, I tend to agree with you that this is a money maker for the Church. This is my 2nd time on here and although I have enjoyed the forums, I have yet to meet someone in my area. I have sent out numerous emotes and messages but have gotten only a few responses. I am debating whether to renew my membership when it comes due.
Jul 9th 2013 new
7/7 Catholics to put it simply. Living in a place like NY it's all to common to find Catholics who don't follow the Church's core teachings. One of the most valuable lessons I got from my last relationship, was the importance of my faith, and how important it is to me to eventually find someone who can support me in my faith.

Moving forward it's going to be difficult raising children in a society where many of the church's teachings are considered "out of date", so having a partner that is both committed and faithful is a necessity in the way I would want to bring up a family. If that means I have to go to the opposite end of the U.S. or find that someone in Canada, so be it. biggrin
Jul 9th 2013 new
A friend who married someone she met on a dating site suggested that I joined one.I was skeptical about the whole thing until I saw a segment on EWTN about Avemaria Singles.I found that a Catholic site would be better since the people there should have the same values I would feel more comfortable to start conversations with people I don't know who followed Catholic teachings.I tried there and also looked at others.I came across St Raphael, as it was know in those days and the related Catholic site(for all Catholics).The friendly interactions in the forums for both sites was indeed a plus.The chat rooms are also an avenue to meet lots of people.

Posts 11 - 20 of 61