Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 09 new
(quote) Maria-963080 said: Brian: Yes, I tend to agree with you that this is a money maker for the Church. This is my 2nd time on here and although I have enjoyed the forums, I have yet to meet someone in my area. I have sent out numerous emotes and messages but have gotten only a few responses. I am debating whether to renew my membership when it comes due.
Actually CM is a private business. This site is not a charity nor a money maker for the Church. Most dating sites that have some sort of fee are businesses also. Actually, the sites that claim to be "totally free" are businesses also, they are just following a different business model in that they use the "free" hook to gather up tons of members, who become a captive audience for the advertisers that actually make the money for those particular site owners.

Just as an aside there are lots of things in life that are businesses, that doesn't mean that people are being taken advantage of or not getting a fair deal. Funeral homes are also a business, as are the places that sell baptism and communion clothes. The owners of those places have to support their families too.

As for what CM has to offer, I haven't had much luck here either. I stick around because as a Catholic, the options are few and far between for meeting other Catholics, and this site seems a lot better than most.
Jul 09 new
I joined CM for many of the same reasons you did. CM has much to offer. I would venture to say that it is an outstanding site. However, the males in my age category might be in need of oxygen to get them motivated. There seems to be alot of dead wood out there. You seem to have it all together in many respects. Hang in there, the best is yet to come. Blessings to you. Maryjane
Jul 09 new
Excellent question. I got tired of the men on other sites just messaging me for sex. I felt I was at the local bar. I figured this might be a step up with men looking for a relationship.
Jul 09 new
I joined this site because I had heard favorable comments about it AND it was advertised on the back page of our weekly parish bulletin, which I felt was a left-handed approval. It has turned out to be a good investment...with the Forums being kind of like a mini-RCIA knock-off for rusty Catholics and the place I gravitate to when I come on-site! I am here now as "Seeking Friendship Only" but did not start that way in March2013 when I joined. Until I am annulled I don't feel like I should be trying to 'match' myself but friendship and 'Forum-ing' are OK IMHO.

I am on a secular site, too, and the subscription is ending very shortly which will signal time for a final good riddance to that site. The contacts there have been better and certainly more polite than they were a year ago! I have, however, the same match vs. friendship dilemma there as I do here at CM. You can search for Catholics, which I do, but you have no idea how Catholic they might be...or want you to think they are...from their profiles. I paid more for that membership so I am sort of laying low and quietly waiting for the term to end angel

CM will get one more renewal out of me, however! wink
Jul 09 new
I had joined this as I figured it'd be the best way to find someone who shares my values and faith. I also felt it would be a safer site and not have some of the deviant personalities. I haven't had romantic luck but felt safe until recently when I had to report a "cyber stalker" to CM. I still feel this is a great site - am just staying below the radar for a bit!
Jul 09 new
I joined a few Catholic and secular sites before joining St. Raphael's now CM. I've stuck with the site due to the friendships I've made and the fellowship I have experienced during my time here.
Jul 09 new
Cynthia,

Great question, and all I can say are good things about your profile. Keep on searching, you'll find your man soon enough!
Jul 09 new
I'm just trying to stay open to possibilities. God will do what He wishes with my life. I have peace. If I am to remarry again someday, I hope to share a common faith.
Jul 09 new
A great question, and one I've recently pondered, as I just renewed my subscription to CM. I am currently a member of two other sites, and one of the things I appreciate about CM is the faith aspect - the questions that are asked as part of the profile are very helpful. I find myself being contacted by men I have relatively little in common with on the other sites. I also appreciate the Forum - a great way to interact.
Jul 09 new
Because my mommy wants me to find a "nice Catholic boy." She hasn't approved of one of my boyfriends yet.

I am a perpetual people pleaser so I pretty much did what she wanted. My family pretty much means a lot to me... more so than my own wants and desires. It is really just that simple.

And trust me if it was purely up to me I would probably be on some heathen site. lol
Posts 21 - 30 of 61