Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Cynthia-864900 said: I joined this site so I could find someone with similar values, someone to trust, someone to go to church with...someone to love the greatest gift GOD gives us! First I wanted similarities and starting with GOD is my first priority. I have never done this before and I am unsure my profile defines the person I really am? Maybe there should be a section my typical day...I start my day with a walk to the beach, then my morning prayers, then determine the days priorities, trying to find time for fun with my children, each meal starts with prayers, etc... Any thoughts? Tips for my profile?
I've said this before over the past *mumble mumble* years since I joined the original site:
'Don't put ALL your eggs in one basket'.

This place is not the be-all or end-all to finding a good, faithful spouse. In fact, I would posit, it's more of a self-reverential catholic (small 'c') ghetto'd whine and cheese festival than it is a site for Catholic adults. It's a business, not a charity, and the developers who took the chance and developed the site are (rightfully) enjoying the profits of their labor. But, don't delude yourself that this is a non-commercial charity: it's a big, profitable, and successful business built on the dreams of lonely people with Catholic wallpaper to make it palatable to believers.

Lot of reasons to be here: common (well in theory) faith, expectations, etc. All nice in theory.

In reality: it's NO different from the other 2 major sites that advertise on TV. Same issues. People don't change just because the decorations are different; I've met folks from other sites who are also on here, and the profiles (and thus expectations?) were 180 degrees out of phase between the two sites.

So, why be here? As long as you take the gauzy stars out of your eyes...because finding a spouse is a numbers game. The more numbers you have in the barrel, yes, the more you have to toss out, but the greater the chance that you will find one you can live with. It's like going out to buy a new car...do you go to the lot with the 3 cars in front of the office, or do you head to the lot that seems to go on forever? Same thing here...the greater the population (and, when you combine brand M, brand E, and this place, you have extended your 'pool' a lot more comprehensively) the greater the chance you will find, if you are really serious rather than dithering around sounding pious and focused but in reality have not a single clue, your partner.

It's a numbers game. This is just one more place to increase the odds. Nothing more. You pays your money, you takes your chances.
Jul 11th 2013 new
I figured there has got to be something to its name. Also the UI is solid. And all the wonderful people . . . Values, perspectives, commonalities, etc.
Jul 11th 2013 new

I had heard that the Macaroni Salad was """To Die For """",,,but after I joined they stopped serving the macaroni salad....This is terrible...
anyone else upset about this ??/
Jul 11th 2013 new
I joined CatholicMatch because I want to make my marriage covenant in front of Jesus present in the Blessed Sacrament while the communion of saints stands watch, as incense burns and brings our hopes up to God, and consecrated hands pronounce us husband and wife....
Jul 11th 2013 new
It's cheap and something to do. Doubt if I'd ever run into a marriage situation that if could fit into, considering health/money/etc.
Jul 11th 2013 new
I was on another site, and met a couple people, but no one had much of a spiritual life. One guy even asked me why on earth I was still a practicing Catholic, after all the pedophile scandals. ( Second date... why is this his business???) I decided to look for people who would not find it strange to go to church regularly and to take part in parish projects.
Jul 11th 2013 new
I joined because I find so much of my time, talents, and interest are involved with my parish. I tried Eharmony for a while. I'm certain there are many fine matches there, but after a short while I began to fear it would prove difficult to find a match who valued the Gospel as much as I did. What I did learn is, there are a great many more members at Eharmony - I must have received 10 or more suggested matches per day. Funny though, those who were suggested did not seem to meet my interests very well at all - and this from a site that touts its supposedly matchless matching system.

Finally, isn't it comforting to know that if nothing else, the person you reach out to, or who "smiles" at you, shares your joy in a deep and rooted faith? It's a start, after all, and the best kind of start, at that.

Good luck and God bless!
Jul 11th 2013 new
Hi everyone,
I joined because I saw that it was endorsed by Fr. Frank Pavone a priest that I trust. Also, I wanted a SERIOUS Catholic website. Catholics who took their faith seriously. I have come across some really like minded people and that really comforts me. When you are really trying to live a Catholic life in every sense of the word it is disappointing when other Catholics are inappropriate and disrespectful. I have so much to learn about being holy. That is my ultimate goal in life. Any takers? :) :)
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-986329 said: I joined this site to me people of my own faith and to become friends. Out of the 6 people I have sent a message to, 2 have responded. Maybe my expectations are to high. I joined this site last week by the way. Is 2 out of 6 what is the norm? Maybe I don't get it. Is this a CatholicMatch site? 2 out of 6 is great if your a baseball player ( batting 333). I am not a baseball player!

Jim
I feel that a "no response" IS a response...not interested... or more likely they are not a paying member and cannot respond. Just curious, but how many women have you approached in the last week in "real life" and how many have responded to your advances? I am trying to point out that just because this is a dating site doesn't mean you will magically find the "one". It is just another way of meeting people.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: I feel that a "no response" IS a response...not interested... or more likely they are not a paying member and cannot respond. Just curious, but how many women have you approached in the last week in "real life" and how many have responded to your advances? I am trying to point out that just because this is a dating site doesn't mean you will magically find the "one". It is just another way of meeting people.
Laura you are spot on! You get a Gold Star!
Posts 41 - 50 of 61