Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
I tend to agree with Marge. If that statement about chemistry is true, and you're reducing it to a biological principal which JP2 isnt b the way(I've read Theolog of the Body several times ), then you're saying I was born with an alien chemistry and therefore will never marry.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Long have I pondered about this. I've read about it, I've thought and meditated about it, have sought counsel on what it can be based on other people's experiences, but I haven't found the answer. It seems that, even if I get to a point in dating where I have lots of things in common, can laugh with the other person about similar things, and can feel great with that person, I then suddenly get a cold shower from her: "I think you're a great guy, and we do have lots in common, but......we don't have chemistry." I'm out of my wits now as to what to do. You can get past the girl's checklist, move on from casual emails to chatting and talking on the phone, even meeting in person, but then just after you've been through all of those "tests", you fail miserably with the chemistry. I'm wondering whether somebody did witchcraft on me to make me have such bad luck. I just don't understand this situation anymore. To be honest it is frustrating.
It is part of a high comfort level and attraction in the early stages of a relationship or series of conversations with a person of the opporsite sex.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: I tend to agree with Marge. If that statement about chemistry is true, and you're reducing it to a biological principal which JP2 isnt b the way(I've read Theolog of the Body several times ), then you're saying I was born with an alien chemistry and therefore will never marry.
It is also interpreted as sexual tension. Men usually see it that way and describe it that way. I like waht Vanissa shared. That is beautiful.
Jul 8th 2013 new
If I were to give a oprize for best answer it would go to Emmanuel, namely because he's theorizing things to diminish the poster, rather he's puttinf himself in my shoes and taking the Cross with the poster. I surely respect all of your posts, but just think the frustration of trying and trying and two weeks ago I thought I had found my soulmate. Ironically we had lots of chemistry because we would complement each other at all levels, had the same hobbies, same goals, we would laugh from each other's jokes, we would compliment each other, she was in my eyes very attractive(like a doll that is), and just out of the blue, after having shared so much with great intensity, she said that there was no chemistry. I don't understand this. I've never felt so frustrated in my life. Why do girls put so many excuses? I think I'm a great guy who has much to offer. I either meet women who want to get married too fast or are players, and this one is still an enigma for me....I don't understand.
Jul 8th 2013 new
Many years ago, my daughter had a really nice, good, upstanding friend whom it was clear was head over heels in love with her. Very thoughtful, considerate, etc, etc.... They had been friends for over 4 years while she dated several different young men. Finally, one day I asked her about this man who by then was 25 and she was 24. Her response to me was simple, "Mom, he kisses like a fish!" I understood immediately. Some 30 years before, I married my best friend, buddy, and pal. He adored me. I loved him most dearly, as my best friend. But, he also kissed like a fish! If it's not there, it's just not there. Sometimes we try to connect with someone because on paper, things ought to be perfect. But after a while, we realize IT just isn't there!
Jul 8th 2013 new
Kisses like a fish. Has it all come to this then? No wonder there are so many singles! Kissing can be improved. What if a girl has never kissed a guy bf for example? Is she automatically a out of the picture, garbage, because it would be a lie to say that the first time you know it all.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Kisses like a fish. Has it all come to this then? No wonder there are so many singles! Kissing can be improved. What if a girl has never kissed a guy bf for example? Is she automatically a out of the picture, garbage, because it would be a lie to say that the first time you know it all.
This is how many of them think, Carlos. You may not even realize the depth of their shallowness.
Jul 8th 2013 new
Chemistry is just a name for something that ya feel and not just in physical appearances, although important, but spiritually, intellectually, socially, etc., etc.

Likes attract likes. Cations attract anions, lol. K, you get the point! Ya either have a connection one way or the other, or ya don't. It's something that can't be explained, but ya know it when it hits ya! If someone says there is no Chemistry and you feel differently, they are just saying "They are Not that much Into You". We all have had that happen and its ok because better sooner than later and honesty is the best policy!

Jul 8th 2013 new
No, Carlos, but that really is how certain chemistry is... Ad I am not saying that you do! Rather, I am saying that there really is a "something" that needs to be there to move a friendly encounter into something more... Patience my friend! She's out there! As the song goes, you just haven't met her yet!!
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-979190 said: This is how many of them think, Carlos. You may not even realize the depth of their shallowness.
Not necessarily shallow! Just no sparks! Deep fondness s NOT what you men want!! Be real! Do you want a wife who thinks the absolute world about you but not attracted to you physically as well? I think not! How many of you men want a good Catholic woman who is overweight? Or has a physically un-appealing smile? Or has male patterned baldness? Would you date a woman who has bad teeth and is fat? Maybe she doesn't have the money for braces? Maybe she as a glandular condition. Don't talk SHALLOWNESS !!
Posts 11 - 20 of 108