Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
I've dated overweight women, women who were blind, but they didnt like my hobbies. They said writing fantasy and sicence fiction was childish so please with all due respect don't put us men into a box. Thank you.
Jul 8th 2013 new
Carlos

There is actually Chemistry going on when men and women interact- a great resource is a CD from Vicki Thorn entitled the Biology of the Theology of the Body which gives a lot of insight into why we are attracted to one another.

The other reason has nothing to do with Chemistry. she maybe was giving you a good chance to connect and it did not happen, and "no chemistry" was the best way that she could describe it.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Do you want a wife who thinks the absolute world about you but not attracted to you physically as well?
I doubt whether such a situation ever actually happens.

Show me a woman who is married to man she finds unattractive, and I'll bet she doesn't "think the absolute world" of him in any meaningful sense.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-979190 said: I doubt whether such a situation ever actually happens.

Show me a woman who is married to man she finds unattractive, and I'll bet she doesn't "think the absolute world" of him in any meaningful sense.
Diane Keaton comes to mind. Although, I don't think she ever did marry or wanted to be married. She was interviewed about some of her relationships, and she had a lot of very flattering things to say about the men. I think she is an attractive lady and she dated some guys I don't think most women would consider overly handsome.

She said she found her ex-boyfriend, Woody Allen "adorable."
Jul 8th 2013 new
Chemistry -- that hyper-awareness and attraction to a person, that makes you aware of them no matter where they are in a huge room or outdoor area, that quickens your breathing, heightens your senses, captures your interest and holds it -- it doesn't have to be sexual interest but it usually has some kind of physical attraction -- it can be an instant thing but it is better and deeper and lasts longer if it involves all parts of a person -- I think it is important in a marriage for lasting permanence because marriage,like anything worthwhile, takes a lot of continuous work and chemistry can keep the interest in doing the work going.
Just my thoughts.
Jul 8th 2013 new
I do believe that chemistry is a real and important thing. In my personal life experiences I have been in relationships where I felt true chemistry and others where I respected them for different reasons and forced the "chemistry."

Forcing it doesn't work. It is not being shallow or cruel. There are many, many people on this earth and I don't feel that anyone should settle for just anyone that comes along simply to avoid hurting their feelings. Does it not hurt feelings more to be led on because the other party wants you to try again to feel something?

Sometimes things can be great through messages and texting, but once Skype or actual face to face meetings occur the nuances and behaviors do not "click." Don't write yourself off simply because of this. It doesn't make either party mean or bad or undesirable...it is just a bad match.

In time, you will meet the right one and the chemistry will be mutual. Until then, enjoy the journey, learn to let go when needed and keep yourself open to possibility.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Chemistry -- that hyper-awareness and attraction to a person, that makes you aware of them no matter where they are in a huge room or outdoor area, that quickens your breathing, heightens your senses, captures your interest and holds it 
Yes; I have seen this often -- in the movies.
Jul 8th 2013 new
Don't give up keep on trying. Men have done this to me too. I feel sometimes that men seem to want a model lookswise!
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-979190 said: I doubt whether such a situation ever actually happens.

The father of my children was my very closest friend. To this day he is a friend. He loved my parents and family. And they him. As much as I tried, we had no chemistry. I honored my vows and did all I could to make life good. So....... Suffice to say, yes! It is possible to think the world of someone and not be physically attracted to the father of your children!
Jul 8th 2013 new
Well Christine, I hope then you find someone here, with whom you feel sexual chemistry, or whatever it is ou call it. Remember that that goes away after two years.
Posts 21 - 30 of 108