Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
What I've observed is that thiings can go well on an email or even chat, but once I phone a woman or meet her, things go wrong, even though they tell me(supposing they don't lie that is), that I have a nice voice and am handsome. So somewhere there things go bad and I feel somehow humiliated by that.
Jul 8th 2013 new

You sound intimidated by women in general.......One day-----maybe next week-------next month------next year--------in 2 years-------..........

Carlos ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You will meet someone that will make all your past and present feelings go away......You will see how much joy you bring into her heart and in turn she will bestow on you tons and tons of her open heart.....
And then you will forget all this that now has you bewildered....You will have found your forever bestest friend Sweetheart.......and after you find each other you put each other on a pedestal and protect each other from this evil world....

I had to wait till I was 29 for my Sweetheart.....I cried and prayed to God for years and years for a forever Sweetheart that I coud just """ BE MYSELF "" with and who would love me and like me for just being me....He finally answered this big Bozo....

My friend Carlos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have the hunger and fire..now here is the hard part.,,,,,.PATIENCE and HUMILITY,,,,and talk to God....OFTEN,,,my friend....
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: The father of my children was my very closest friend. To this day he is a friend. He loved my parents and family. And they him. As much as I tried, we had no chemistry. I honored my vows and did all I could to make life good. So....... Suffice to say, yes! It is possible to think the world of someone and not be physically attracted to the father of your children!
If he was that great you'd have stayed with him (barring some other issues).
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
You sound intimidated by women in general.......One day-----maybe next week-------next month------next year--------in 2 years-------..........

Carlos ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You will meet someone that will make all your past and present feelings go away......You will see how much joy you bring into her heart and in turn she will bestow on you tons and tons of her open heart.....
And then you will forget all this that now has you bewildered....You will have found your forever bestest friend Sweetheart.......and after you find each other you put each other on a pedestal and protect each other from this evil world....

I had to wait till I was 29 for my Sweetheart.....I cried and prayed to God for years and years for a forever Sweetheart that I coud just """ BE MYSELF "" with and who would love me and like me for just being me....He finally answered this big Bozo....

My friend Carlos,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have the hunger and fire..now here is the hard part.,,,,,.PATIENCE and HUMILITY,,,,and talk to God....OFTEN,,,my friend....
How very nice for you! I think I prayed like more than 20 years for a soulmate and till this day has yet to appear. I've become somewhat resigned to this. I am relatively happy though. I pretty much have no responsibilities. I'm resigned because I won't ever have the children I wanted since I'm already 46 and no guy in sight. But every day I learn to be grateful for what I do have. biggrin
Jul 8th 2013 new
Dear Carlos,

I won't profess to know anything substantive about chemistry. But after reading some posts, I must interject that it is not just between men and women. There are women I meet with whom I connect instantly. I just like them! We hit it off without really knowing anything about each other. A friendship emerges and then the depth of the friendship is informed by what we might discover in common....and our desire to maintain the relationship. Conversely there are women I meet who will remain nothing more than cordial acquaintances. There is nothing wrong with them or with me...and we may in fact have more in common (on paper) than with other women....and yet..."it" is just not there. We meet, we smile and we move on.

Chemistry then becomes that intangible whisper across my mind and heart that tells me I have met kindred.That small promise that crosses into fulfillment when the person I meet becomes part of the tapestry of my days. Another pilgrim on the journey that God has chosen for me to meet. Because, dear soul, we cannot discount His will. We touch each other's lives for a reason, for a season or for a lifetime (cliched, but true). I believe that He awakens my interest when He wants me to know someone.

To be sure, there will be some here who may say that I am not taking into account having "chemistry" with the wrong person. Clearly stated, how does what I say about God's will relate to women/men being attracted to unsuitable partners/friends? I can't help but think of Psalm 36: "sin speaks to the sinner in the depths of his heart" We will stumble and He will let us....but with grace we will find our way back. In all this, is God's Ordained and Permissive will.

You seem like a thoughtful person, and as a writer you may be inclined to ponder motivation and reason. I can certainly relate. Trust Him, dear friend. Trust that even as hope wanes, His plan unfolds perfectly. Don't let the burden of loneliness, your desire to meet her, rush His work. Perhaps even now He is preparing you both to meet. Give time to Him for whom there is no time. What feels like the dread of years is but a blink to Him.

In Christ,
Leyden

Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-979190 said: This is how many of them think, Carlos. You may not even realize the depth of their shallowness.
May I ask why such negativity? One of you gentlemen asked that we ladies not put all of you in the same box; please don't do that to us either. If you think this little of the women on this site, then why are you even here? It's very hurtful.
Jul 8th 2013 new
One is here to try Megan, but apparently it is not enough
Jul 8th 2013 new
Leyden, your answer is beautiful. I think too many people forget that chemistry isn't just between men and women, but between friends as well. It's when you meet someone that you just "click" with; it's hard to explain, but you know it when it's there.

I think too often people equate the term "chemistry" with sexual attraction. I usually use it to describe the way I connect with someone when I have no other way of explaining. It's that intangible that just brings people together. You either have chemistry with someone or you don't, it can't be forced no matter how hard you try.
Jul 8th 2013 new
And what if you don't have it with anyone? Is that possible because I always get the same lame response.
Jul 8th 2013 new

Carlos,,,

Go and buy some Ice Cream,,,,,popcorn,,,chips,,,a lot of Coca Cola and pig out a little....

Tomorrow change your underwear to the ''"""BIG BOY SIZE """" and go on with life.....

We all have our self pity parties..I have had some lately too...And so have many,,many...many,,of the people here on this site...Many will not admit it though....

go to You tube and play an old song by Frank Sinatra called,,,,,""""THAT'S LIFE """"

It answers a lot of your concerns....

And I beieve that The Big Boy Underwear is on sale this week at most stores....
Posts 31 - 40 of 108