Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2013 new
And why then is this such an attraction killer when ladies read what I'm posting? One cannot be always smiling as if on a sugar rush. We are humans aren't we?
Jul 8th 2013 new
Folks.. this applies to Everyone...when responding, Please remember, we are here to help each other and should be able to offer "Charitable" advice and support..without condescending comments, being overly critical, or just plain being Snippity. biggrin
Jul 8th 2013 new
First of all, let's back up. Chemistry from online relationships is VERY difficult, because this process is so convoluted. Normally, in real life, you see a person first, and then you get to know them. Here, and online (any site), you get to know the person first, and then you meet them. You think that you know them SO well, when, in reality, when you meet is Day One. You have to reconcile that the person in front of you, and that you are experiencing in 3-D, is the one that you have been emailing, texting, talking to on the phone, etc. It's weird. So, either get used to this medium, or stick to the Real World.

I develop Chemistry early on in the relationship, and, if it's meant to be, it stays with us as long as the relationship exists. It's sparks, it's an irresistible attraction, and it's contentment. It's knowing that the physical, and emotional "fit" is backed up by the spiritual and mental "fit".

Maybe you need to watch some of the great romantic movies, or (maybe more practical for you), read biographies of some of the great couples in history. "Great" is your interpretation.

Find someone who likes your humor. Life is fun when we "get" each other, and can laugh just looking at one another! biggrin
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-99973 said: First of all, let's back up. Chemistry from online relationships is VERY difficult, because this process is so convoluted. Normally, in real life, you see a person first, and then you get to know them. Here, and online (any site), you get to know the person first, and then you meet them. You think that you know them SO well, when, in reality, when you meet is Day One. You have to reconcile that the person in front of you, and that you are experiencing in 3-D, is the one that you have been emailing, texting, talking to on the phone, etc. It's weird. So, either get used to this medium, or stick to the Real World.

I develop Chemistry early on in the relationship, and, if it's meant to be, it stays with us as long as the relationship exists. It's sparks, it's an irresistible attraction, and it's contentment. It's knowing that the physical, and emotional "fit" is backed up by the spiritual and mental "fit".

Maybe you need to watch some of the great romantic movies, or (maybe more practical for you), read biographies of some of the great couples in history. "Great" is your interpretation.

Find someone who likes your humor. Life is fun when we "get" each other, and can laugh just looking at one another!
Kathy,

yesterday I just lost someone from this site who laughed at my jokes, liked my quirks, shared most of my interests, had a similar background, was very attractive to me both inside and out and very smart that even challenged my geek brain. I think there was chemistry, but I think she got scared and said that as a shield. Theres no other explanation. I though she was the one, but again it turned out to be just another practical joke in my life.
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Kathy,

yesterday I just lost someone from this site who laughed at my jokes, liked my quirks, shared most of my interests, had a similar background, was very attractive to me both inside and out and very smart that even challenged my geek brain. I think there was chemistry, but I think she got scared and said that as a shield. Theres no other explanation. I though she was the one, but again it turned out to be just another practical joke in my life.
Carlos,

I'm sorry to hear that, hug Right now, you need to grieve. First of all, it wasn't you, it was her. The reality of this online dating can also be overwhelming. There is a goal to meet (or talk on the phone for the first time), and reality sets in. "We get along, now what?!" I find it common with men, because we can get along, and they figure out that carrying on this relationship will not be easy, due to distance, etc. I've gotten along fabulously with men who find someone closer to home. So, I now don't take it all too seriously. I can get too caught up in the aura of it all, sometimes.

My point in saying that it is her and not you is that people can meet fantastic persons, and discover that they themselves are not ready. It's not only the right person, but the right time. The easiest thing to do is give this over to God, and let He do the thinking for you! In your own life, do something different, take a different route, try a different location (church, store, restaurant, whatever). People watch. Find a group that shares your interests (over here, we can use meetup.com).
Jul 8th 2013 new
Great advice! Plus I shared my own experiences which haven't been so great either! Sorry you encountered a flighty person!
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-99973 said: Carlos,

I'm sorry to hear that, Right now, you need to grieve. First of all, it wasn't you, it was her. The reality of this online dating can also be overwhelming. There is a goal to meet (or talk on the phone for the first time), and reality sets in. "We get along, now what?!" I find it common with men, because we can get along, and they figure out that carrying on this relationship will not be easy, due to distance, etc. I've gotten along fabulously with men who find someone closer to home. So, I now don't take it all too seriously. I can get too caught up in the aura of it all, sometimes.

My point in saying that it is her and not you is that people can meet fantastic persons, and discover that they themselves are not ready. It's not only the right person, but the right time. The easiest thing to do is give this over to God, and let He do the thinking for you! In your own life, do something different, take a different route, try a different location (church, store, restaurant, whatever). People watch. Find a group that shares your interests (over here, we can use meetup.com).
Thank you Kathy!
Jul 8th 2013 new
Chemistry is a branch of science that seeks to understand reactions of different chemicals and derive laws of nature from these reactions. For example when water and alcohol mix, the freezing point is no longer 32 degrees Fahrenheit. If you mix a gallon of water with a gallon of alcohol, you get slightly less than 2 gallons of the resultant mixture.

Have you ever wondered why water can disappear from a cup even if the water is not boiling? This is due to something called the vapor pressure. This quantity controls how quickly individual pieces of water (called molecules) can escape from the water into air. As the temperature of water increases the vapor pressure increases, i.e., more water can escape in each second. When the temperature hits the boiling point water can escape very easily.

You can find more information of the vapor pressure here. en.wikipedia.org
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-985969 said: Great advice! Plus I shared my own experiences which haven't been so great either! Sorry you encountered a flighty person!
Yes, we've all disclosed too much, too soon, and then the guy poofs. At first, you think it's something that you've said. Then when they poof and you haven't told them much, you realize that they were only shopping! The fish found the next shiny object! laughing
Jul 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-99973 said: Yes, we've all disclosed too much, too soon, and then the guy poofs. At first, you think it's something that you've said. Then when they poof and you haven't told them much, you realize that they were only shopping! The fish found the next shiny object!
Yeah that's happened to me a lot on online dating sites. Even here on CM. This guy sends me an emotigram and then when I make contact barely says anything.
Posts 41 - 50 of 108