Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 10 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: They have a history of political instability. Within a few decades of independence they fought and lost a war with Texas and then the US and in the process lost lots of territory. The only politician at the time who believed in Mexico was Santa Ana and he kept seizing power. With independence, I don't think they had anything that kept the country together. The US at least had certain ideals we went to war over.

Some of the problem is likely America's drug war. This has lead to some people getting rich in Mexico twisting the laws (or ignoring them) for profit. The prohibition on gun ownership makes it easy to victimize individuals to subvert an entire area. If someone were to try running a section of the US as the drug cartels run some parts of Mexico, he would be shot in short order.
You may think they have an unstable Government, but remember Vicente Fox.

He put so many demands on America and how he wanted his Mexican citizens
to be treated. He took control of the illegal immigration issue, and probably
helped to spur it on. America was so stupid to take him seriously.

I mean, does Mexico have any jurisdiction in America? I think not.
Jul 11 new
The question that needs to be answered is Who Has The Money?
Jul 11 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: John:

Here in NY no authority cares if you hire illegal immigrants. As a matter of
fact, they have agencies that make sure you give them a proper day's wage.

What you suggest makes a lot of sense, if some authority could do something
about the people who hire them, but no one can.

Laws on the books have been stripped of all validity.

We live in a lawless country--and a country of double standards.

Amen is all we can say.
Marianne, Marianne, we can do something about it. The temporal authority is our servant.

Why don't you act like the master?

The homosexuals, for example, certainly don't have that problem. Yet, should they be the one's to rule with impotence?

Start rolling up your sleeves Marianne, instead of giving me/us your reasons why nothing can be done. I mean that kindly, but if you keep insisting of writing here, again and again, and aren't writing those in authority, then you are just contributing to delaying the true fix and (with all due respect) "whining" in the meantime. Whining discourages others. This country's problems are also psychological, and yes we are doomed if it doesn't stop with the "woe is me". It's still not too late.

How do you like my tough love as a brother to a sister in Christ? :) I am trying to exhort you to a higher level that I know you have in you.

I am not trying to demean you (we all have times we get discouraged), but do you see how I imagine you being able to really do more than just pray? Quit second guessing to a doomsday without really trying, and trying , and trying... for the rest of your life, if necessary!!!

God acts through us. Manna from the sky is not going to happen in our lifetime. God has already revealed all that is necessary. Our willingness and participation He expects.

As soldiers of Christ, let us carry a rosary in one hand (yes pray) and work with the other! What are you most passionate about?

The devil be damned! Yes, he's already been judged! Praise be to God!!!!!!!!!!!! But we must do our part too, it pleases God. That is why he made us.

It just takes one to start, then another joins, and another, and another, and petty soon it's as big as the pro-life groups and then maybe the bishops will join in (sorry Mods). Hey, how does it go sometimes? "Which way did they go, for I am their leader?" wave

Can I emphasize the SOMETIMES!?

Ok, ok, now my bishop and mods (who I actually hold all in good esteem) will be after me for that side-swipe.

[ John bows with bended knee and kisses the bishop's ring ]

[ John apologizes to mod - who reprimands John privately - via messaging]

Yeah, separation of Church and state... I really don't believe in it (yet I've never really experienced the two blended, working hand-in-hand, and likely never will). But that's a whole new thread and then some!

Blessings to you Marianne. May we find strength in Jesus and comfort through Mary.
Jul 11 new
(quote) Luke-979891 said: The question that needs to be answered is Who Has The Money?
Nope.

Those that have the money no longer have the power.

The personal wealth will be confiscated largely via taxation and unjust regulation.

We are witnessing a squandering an undefinable times greater than what occurred in France after the French Revolution.
Jul 11 new
Mexicans own houses and property in Mexico and still come here? Is this true? Why is our brain-dead government allowing this? I have met some who work very hard and EARN everything they receive. Others come here for the free stuff. Look around you in the grocery store and parking lot. In my opinion, any baby born in this country should have the nationality of his/her mother. That alone would solve much of the immigration problem.

Why are we trying to reform immigration when we have NEVER enforced the existing laws.

And don't forget the millions of Americans without jobs and the legal immigrants patiently waiting for their chance.

Jul 11 new
America could learn from Canada's approach to the immigration problem. Thank you for doing the research for us.
Jul 11 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: John:

Here in NY no authority cares if you hire illegal immigrants. As a matter of
fact, they have agencies that make sure you give them a proper day's wage.
So, what are we going to do about this? :)

If they are not hired, they don't get a wage, do they?

If illegals are hired and perform work, they should get a wage. Heck, let's give them a day's wage for an hour's work!!! I even agree with that. I'd like to see how long the enablers thus keep using illegals at that rate.

I think my suggestion earlier is a start; but like I said, I am open to better ideas. AND I am totally against inaction or INEFFECTIVE action.

We must hit the target.

Hitting the target (the core sources of the problem) requires BOTH - precision AND accuracy. We can't have just one, or the other. We MUST have both!

It's common sense folks!

Let's pin some enabler tail on the target; starting with employer then public servant/bureaucrat.

No fences required.
Jul 11 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Mexicans own houses and property in Mexico and still come here? Is this true? Why is our brain-dead government allowing this? I have met some who work very hard and EARN everything they receive. Others come here for the free stuff. Look around you in the grocery store and parking lot. In my opinion, any baby born in this country should have the nationality of his/her mother. That alone would solve much of the immigration problem.

Why are we trying to reform immigration when we have NEVER enforced the existing laws.

And don't forget the millions of Americans without jobs and the legal immigrants patiently waiting for their chance.

You said it youirself. It is our brain dead politicians that are a major cause of the problem.
Jul 11 new
Both of you forgot to mention the 'Drug Cartels' and the fear of death in Mexico!
Jul 11 new
Karen, are you aware the "Anchor Baby" law comes from the Anendment to the Constitution after the Civil War to grant citizenship to slaves born in the US. After how many generations where were they a citizen? Not trying to argue your point as much as I am trying to make sure everyone is aware of the point.

In Maafa 21, a documentary about the slow process that birthed Planned Parenthood, they discuss that the eugenists were trying to find a way to rid the US of 4 million soon to be freed slaves. Progressives were using people then as much as they are now! The interesting point is they exceeded their goal! Close to 60 million surgical abortions have happened since Roe v. Wade.

Ever notice how government creates a problem so they can "solve" it latter by making it worse? Bring in people and keep them opressed, so GOVERNMENT can ride in on the white horse. We are mostly seeing what happens when man serves earthly ends not Godly.
Posts 31 - 40 of 82