Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 11th 2013 new
Thanks Alex!

In an earlier post Angela from CAN, I think, talked abour ==t PUSH factors on immigration. Was it not the rule once that immigrants brought the best of their culture with them. Once here those were mixed into the best of other immigrants and everyone benefitted? Now it seems the worst is brought and DEMANDED to be met from immigrants rosary
Jul 11th 2013 new
But there job is to pass laws! rolling eyes After 235 years what doesn't have a law?

Could a candidate be elected on a platform of removing useless laws, enforce existing, and NOT fixing what isn't broken?

Ask any pet what they think when they hear the word "FIX!"
Jul 11th 2013 new

Its not as simple as "this can be done there.". Hungry, scared, frustrated folks will take a paycheck if its available. The issue in many cases that is not addressed is who is responsible for incentvising immigrant labor on American soil with American capital. Usually, those who are willing to employ illegal immigrants, pay them, feed them, and turn a blind eye to their stays as illegals. I'd d be reinforcing lack of perspective. If I claimed the US is a unified front against immigrant labor.much of the US economy is dependent upon it.

We're all in bed with one another. That's how a global economy works. And change takes time. Its not like a bottle of raid can be used to eliminate undesirables. The money sustains bodies that house souls. Empathy can and does have lasting consequences... I've been poor enough to have bosses that were forced ethically to keep me hired on because I would have ruined myself for lack of the stability their job provided. They were good people. I am alive today because of it. Amen.

Jul 11th 2013 new
The separation of church and state is to keep the state out of church NOT church out of state! another thing the devil has flipped over.

The founders knew a moral, educated population was needed to keep this representive republic strong rosary

Education is now indoctrination. The three R's are avoided as much as possible. Then test scores are used to compare US students to the world in the three R's. Then the cry is, "We need more money to educate!" No we need more selfless people devoted to the Truth to once again instruct children.
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Luke-979891 said:

Its not as simple as "this can be done there.". Hungry, scared, frustrated folks will take a paycheck if its available. The issue in many cases that is not addressed is who is responsible for incentvising immigrant labor on American soil with American capital. Usually, those who are willing to employ illegal immigrants, pay them, feed them, and turn a blind eye to their stays as illegals. I'd d be reinforcing lack of perspective. If I claimed the US is a unified front against immigrant labor.much of the US economy is dependent upon it.

We're all in bed with one another. That's how a global economy works. And change takes time. Its not like a bottle of raid can be used to eliminate undesirables. The money sustains bodies that house souls. Empathy can and does have lasting consequences... I've been poor enough to have bosses that were forced ethically to keep me hired on because I would have ruined myself for lack of the stability their job provided. They were good people. I am alive today because of it. Amen.

Luke, that doesn't address what is the root of the problem in Mexico that forces them to come here. As true as your comment is.
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Luke, that doesn't address what is the root of the problem in Mexico that forces them to come here. As true as your comment is.
Clair:

Let's face it, Mexicans make a lot more money here in America. When they
send that money back to their country, a day's wage from America,
buys a lot more for them than a Mexican day's wage.

If they had taxes taken out of that day's wage, it would buy less.
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Mexicans own houses and property in Mexico and still come here? Is this true? Why is our brain-dead government allowing this? I have met some who work very hard and EARN everything they receive. Others come here for the free stuff. Look around you in the grocery store and parking lot. In my opinion, any baby born in this country should have the nationality of his/her mother. That alone would solve much of the immigration problem.

Why are we trying to reform immigration when we have NEVER enforced the existing laws.

And don't forget the millions of Americans without jobs and the legal immigrants patiently waiting for their chance.

Yes, Mexicans in America now still have their homes and property in Mexico. They
come here with some of their family. But they go back and forth to visit the
rest of their family. Now they say it is harder to get across the border with
the tightened security but they have the tunnels.

Our Government is far from brain dead. This is an out and out effort what they
are doing. It achieves a lot of different things, but in the long run it is making
our great country a lawless land.

Yes, America has always been a land of immigrants. But the immigration has
been controlled and it has been more evenly distributed between more diverse
groups of people. Now we are being inundated with Spanish speakers which causes
a cultural shift.

"Why are we trying to reform immigration when we have NEVER enforced
the existing laws." --That is the heart of the problem, Karen. When I listen
to C-Span2, on TV, that is what the Congress people say.

And I think your point is very valid about those waiting in line patiently to
come here, and also the unemployment problem we have in America.

I am glad to hear your views in St. Thomas More forum. We need input
from all over this great country.
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Luke-979891 said:

I'd d be reinforcing lack of perspective. If I claimed the US is a unified front against immigrant labor.much of the US economy is dependent upon it.
---------------------------------

You know, Luke, what you have said above, is probably very true. But the
sad thing is why has this happened to our country. Why should our economy
have to depend on illegals to be a viable economy.

I think over the last 30 years, the economy has gotten worse and worse. Lack
of jobs for Americans has evaporated. The illegal immigrants have worked
for low wages, but they also drove the wages down on the jobs they do.

They undercut Union jobs and skilled labor in this country because they are
in effect, being subsidized by our Government--either by paying no taxes on
their income or getting free housing or food stamps or free medical. The rest
of us don't get those benefits and so we need higher wages.

Can you see how this is collapsing our economy and undermining the rest
of us? And the ones who hire illegals think they are getting cheap labor--well
that cheap labor comes with a very high price--the price of ruining America.

Jul 14th 2013 new

I am no economist, or ecologist. But I think its underground economics fighting a revolutionary war jamming our economy with a lot of horrible ideas. Its like reverse imperialism. Who cares about building anything up when the main goal is to tear the current structure down. Infect the culture with bad food, morals, politics, via popular entertainment and theeeeennnnnn.......wait for the power vacuum to leave a crippled culture screaming for fresh water and bread instead of contraceptives and dorritos. Its war. Only most folks are just comfortable enough to thank their lucky stars its not in their living rooms . . . Yet. Or in their lawn ala gran torrino. Think of a nice lawn. In the summer without care its easy for a diet of vodka lemonades and Pringles to distract ya from a crab grass infestation. And thennnnnnn......dog gone wouldn't ya know. . . This perpetual party had consequences. All thats left of my lawn is crab grass. Blast! And a whopper of a headache. Double blast! And all the work it would take to clean up seems less appealing than American Idol. Or paging through the fall of the roman empire. . . He he he ho hummmm . . Triple blast! And my gosh darn kids all learned to fight from telletubbys.....Quadruple Blast! And golly, I can't afford to pay the neighbor boy to stop playing halo long enough to do it for me . . .Blast number five . . .

. So you go back to the livingroom, turn off in front of the telly and, lo . . .you just brought it into your living room . . . Yourself. Six Blast. Bummer Dude.

Jul 14th 2013 new
Not appropriate.
Posts 41 - 50 of 82