Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What would you pass on to the other gender regarding using this site:

1) If you don't read the whole profile at least read the about me and seeking sections.
2) Please smile in your photos
3) Please post photos
4) Give more than a two line description of who you are.
5) Make Contact
6) Don't ask personal questions right off it's very rude
7) Ask us questions and tell us something about yourself
8) Try exploring and using features of the site you leave untouched
Jul 9th 2013 new
Sounds like a checklist.
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: What would you pass on to the other gender regarding using this site:

1) If you don't read the whole profile at least read the about me and seeking sections.
2) Please smile in your photos
3) Please post photos
4) Give more than a two line description of who you are.
5) Make Contact
6) Don't ask personal questions right off it's very rude
8) Try exploring and using features of the site you leave untouched
when a woman sends you a message at least be decent by answeriing back...even an emot would do.
look happy, no one wants to be with a person who frowns!

I know why the two line description is given, it's because you want to see where this site will go before you waste your time filling out the paper work. While you are lurking around, others are lurking into your profiles! follow the boyscout motto of always be prepared.

Good luck fellas!
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: when a woman sends you a message at least be decent by answeriing back...even an emot would do.

Really! Is it that hard? Even a no thanks would do!
Pat least another site site has a emote that even relays the message thanks for the emote but I don't think we're a match!

Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Really! Is it that hard? Even a no thanks would do!
Pat least another site site has a emote that even relays the message thanks for the emote but I don't think we're a match!

Women do this as well. I'll be honest and if I feel someone didn't bother to read my profile, doesn't have a picture or sends me an inappropriate message I don't respond. But men often complain they don't get messages when they do contact so I see this is a problem among both genders not just men.
Jul 9th 2013 new
It's not meant to be so much as a tip list of what people might consider doing that they didn't do before or hadn't thought of. For one thing there many features of this site I never ever looked at till recently and I've been here awhile.
Jul 9th 2013 new
- Post pictures

- If you send a reply emotigram to the sender, write back if they send an e-mail. If you don't smile back and they send you a letter that's one thing, but when someone sends an emotigram you're giving them the ok to message you. I think not responding in this case is rude

- Don't make your profile look like a job application by making a laundry list of turn-ons and turn-offs. This gives the impression of someone who is rigid and impossible to make happy. When I come across profiles that say "Me: (list of qualities) You: (list of qualities), I read no further and immediately go to the next one.
Jul 9th 2013 new
My advice to everyone regardless of gender is to relax. This board is full of more angst than a John Hughes movie marathon.

I predict this thread will be locked before 75 posts. Threads in which women and men critique each other do not go well.
Jul 9th 2013 new
Let us know if we have anything in common. One of my favorite open lines is about where you live, and if I have been there. Heck, I may have lived there myself, and want to know is such and such still exists.

Also, I don't care who you are, we don't read minds. No one does! laughing
Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: 6) Don't ask personal questions right off it's very rude
This appears contradictory.

You want us to tell you something about us, should it be personal? While we are supposed to ask questions, we are not supposed to ask personal ones. What should we ask?
Posts 1 - 10 of 40