Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: This is not a checklist.
Ann- I like your Tips! wink
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:
Not all people, men and women included, are honest. I also have "looking for someone honest" because I've had my share of experiences with dishonest people. Its not my, or I believe anyone's, intention to insult viewers by requesting someone "honest".

Why mention it? As for myself, I am trying to state clearly that I will settle for no less than 100% honesty in a man. It's that important to me, and that why it's in my profile.

I hope you can get past the feeling of being insulted while reading that in women's profiles or you might pass up a good opportunity.

I don't have a problem with a person saying they want someone honest. Its a good trait to seek. Alas the problem is that dishonest people claim to be honest as well... sad
Jul 11th 2013 new
I like the reference towards being courteous and Pming back everybody that sends you a note. The thing too many are guilty of is forgetting that the other person is a Child of God, and should be given that one courtesy, even if you have no romantic interests, ones faith demands to respond accordingly.

I hear of too many guys and gals that have empty mail boxes, and have been here for a long time, and it's a shame that they are treated with basic contempt in this area, entirely because they may lack the physical traits you are looking for in a spouse. I've PMed gals not at all for romantic reasons, actually, none for that matter since I don't know at all who they are and the veneer only goes so far in my world a very limited so far. It's important to know, friendships are of high value, and fellowship of any kind is of greater importance then making a potentially romantic connection. Also, a team effort can go a lot way, so should each merely being friends, can recommend others they bump into, to each other.

I have friends from a very wide age range, from very early 20's, up to their 80's, from all over the world, and in my pool of people I know, many are single, why not send them a note when I run into people that I may find compatible., If in profile land, they can't make the effort to share of themselves with it, or are lacking in photo's, it means they are only putting forward the minimal effort due to either not taking what they are doing here seriously, or that is their nature, and who wants to be involved with someone that puts the least amount of effort into a relationship? Take it as a red flag. Anybody can write some text and post some photos', not that hard to do, and I bet if it was about asking them about their favorite sport team, or meals they like to cook, they would have plenty so say, there is no excuse.

Overall though, open up and share and meet sooner rather then later, don't turn the internet anything into something that props up, supports, or in any way defines the actual relationship itself, because the internet is not going to be around when you are in person, face to face and it was never meant to be a replacement for direct human interaction. Also, one should be open towards their goals and dreams, and not be so rigid towards deviating a bit, even if it's just putting something off for the moment, chances are high, you have had these goals and dreams for a while, if you haven't acted upon them by now, why throw them in as a road block terminating any contact if you don't find the same structure as your potential spouse.

Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said: John Hughes - right on!

Just be yourself. Be charitable. Be real. Don't pretend to be someone you're not to keep the other interested. Ask yourself if you really are ready to date and meet someone. Have fun. Don't be too attached especially if you haven't met face to face , well , even if you met face to face - discern if they are the one whom God wants for you, rise above emotions. Encourage each other to grow in our Catholic faith. Don't take it personal if things didn't work out. Pray for each other...

First, I heart whoever quoted John Hughes!!

But essentially, Reena's list is right on. You might as well be you....because funny story...he's gonna figure it out when you say you LOVE to cook and you burn water. Or you LOVE Japanese horror too! And puke at the original version of Ju-on.

Be kind, be discerning, be respectful of yourself and him/her. Be open to God's will.

In Christ,
Leyden
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: I don't have a problem with a person saying they want someone honest. Its a good trait to seek. Alas the problem is that dishonest people claim to be honest as well...
Hahaha, so true! Plus many folks honestly believe their own version of events, God bless 'em.

Though it would be kind of refreshing for the mildly delusion if someone were actively seeking them....just sayin'...they need love too.

You: borrow mannerisms from the more interesting people you know and very often steal ideas/jokes because it will make you may appear more attractive to me.
Me: really willing to work with that.....

In Christ,
Leyden
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: Post a profile picture . . .

Post some sort of picture at least. I don't really mind if there's no profile picture, but a few scrapbook photos. I know some people feel more secure that way.
Jul 11th 2013 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said: First, I heart whoever quoted John Hughes!! 
Wait..what...I missed a John Hughes reference. Now I have to reread the whole darn thread. irked smile
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: I like the reference towards being courteous and Pming back everybody that sends you a note. The thing too many are guilty of is forgetting that the other person is a Child of God, and should be given that one courtesy, even if you have no romantic interests, ones faith demands to respond accordingly.

I hear of too many guys and gals that have empty mail boxes, and have been here for a long time, and it's a shame that they are treated with basic contempt in this area, entirely because they may lack the physical traits you are looking for in a spouse. I've PMed gals not at all for romantic reasons, actually, none for that matter since I don't know at all who they are and the veneer only goes so far in my world a very limited so far. It's important to know, friendships are of high value, and fellowship of any kind is of greater importance then making a potentially romantic connection. Also, a team effort can go a lot way, so should each merely being friends, can recommend others they bump into, to each other.

I have friends from a very wide age range, from very early 20's, up to their 80's, from all over the world, and in my pool of people I know, many are single, why not send them a note when I run into people that I may find compatible., If in profile land, they can't make the effort to share of themselves with it, or are lacking in photo's, it means they are only putting forward the minimal effort due to either not taking what they are doing here seriously, or that is their nature, and who wants to be involved with someone that puts the least amount of effort into a relationship? Take it as a red flag. Anybody can write some text and post some photos', not that hard to do, and I bet if it was about asking them about their favorite sport team, or meals they like to cook, they would have plenty so say, there is no excuse.

Overall though, open up and share and meet sooner rather then later, don't turn the internet anything into something that props up, supports, or in any way defines the actual relationship itself, because the internet is not going to be around when you are in person, face to face and it was never meant to be a replacement for direct human interaction. Also, one should be open towards their goals and dreams, and not be so rigid towards deviating a bit, even if it's just putting something off for the moment, chances are high, you have had these goals and dreams for a while, if you haven't acted upon them by now, why throw them in as a road block terminating any contact if you don't find the same structure as your potential spouse.

Oh Brian! Oh Brian!
your proposing Christ like treatment of others and are displaying intellect and sensitivity and respect for others feelings. Being careful to not add to the emotional road kill of reaching out for love in the process of giving that which you can plus 10 percent. Hollywood management humour! lol!
It would be good for all of us to burn our label collection for categorising human beings. These poor souls, we, suffer lasting emotional trauma from disinterested, self preoccupied callousness; based on age prejudices, without looking at the persons profile to validate physical appearance. Sending a no interest is a charitable act, not sending can leave a person not a person. One begins to feel ghost like, unseen and uncared for. Left in deaths cooling chamber awaiting a merciful release. Please note I am deliberately not being gender specific. We all fail at times to measure up to the One crucified for our mistakes.
A FEW TIPS FOR THE OTHER GENDER! ( I initially thought that they were reissuing Cupid Arrow head replacements!! lol! Who's a silly sausage!)
Now the thread was started by a female! See nothing escapes me! This seems to infer we stinking testosterone based life forms haven't been behaving as we should!!! Add this to the other Male bashing labels women are encouraged to assault us with and they wonder why we are hiding???? Not this male though, I am over this laying down and being kicked at a time when I am at my most emotionally vulnerable. I am NOT anti female, far from it.
I browse online members photos, females of course! I recognize the signs of sorrow, the brave attempt to restart living as a result of being treated like a tissue. Readily, thoughtlessly used, and then thrown into the human refuse pile. It does not escape my trained and experienced eye the story of abuse these women have experienced. Made to feel no longer beautiful and easily replaceable. Sad thing is, it is often another woman that initiates the attack to replace the spouse and take the house. They then take all, Including the louse!!. Now guys, no getting twitchy! It does happen in reverse; but I'm noting cruising your profiles! Ain't that a good thing!! I am addressing the female trauma situation. I often see references referring to emotional baggage! I hope it isn't a personal insult! We all have it. It is a by product of life. It only becomes dead and past when we take control and choose moving on and taking away its power.
I accept a person where they are now and past sins and mistakes forgiven by God are never held against them, as far as I am concerned. I don't have a right to know and I don't need to be told about it unless it is a significant matter to the woman concerned. Then I will freely discuss with a motive to help healing, and not to become self righteous and abandon them. Matters like being a serial killer in remission may cause my eyebrows to raise and only plastic cutlery would be used for romantic dinners!!.
Let me throw down the gauntlet ladies! The challenge is this, don't look at the age when you browse. See the person.
I think I have reasonable appearance, in the looks department, even though on the odd occasion my reflection has turned its back on me!!! We are in reflective counselling therapy and hope to be a couple again soon! lol!!
I know and recognise suffering in others, having lived the extreme horror of witnessing my dear mothers suffering with a real fiend. He had no conscience in regard to himself, but happily inflicted misery on all around him with devastating effect. That story is so horrific that people would think it a work of fiction. If you want the whole story you will have to marry me!!! I don't just kiss and tell!! lol:
I have learnt what not to be or do in this school from Hell. This whole age thing is crap! It is usually based on what society deems acceptable. The very same society that allows partial birth abortion, killing off the useless and unproductive and a host of perversions deemed "Alternative Lifestyle!"
I will leave you with a parting reflective thought and please be kind. These are views based on extreme suffering in relation to my life and the lives of people significant to me. I know I have exposed myself to the risk of devastating hurt, but consider the risk worth taking. Their are no intended personal attacks present only sincere reaching out to a living entity of human origin. The reflective thought is as follows. 'The age difference disappears when we enter Eternity!! I makes remembering birthdays a real snap!!
bye for now and be kind to Brian a fellow wounded thinker with a loving heart. There once was a perfect person like this in history. They Crucified and labelled him!
sincere best wishes, Con

Jul 14th 2013 new
Anne "Brian45" looks like a good man to investigate. He thinks and has a heart ! I think it is still beating!! Brian is it still working or have you had to resort to life support?? Hang on! We are all on Life Support! ( My Doc Holliday ancestry is coming out! Con with a 45!! I'm easily lead! lol:
Annie I want a piece of wedding cake! Marzipan icing or it all off!! lol: Matchmaker! Matchmaker make me a match! The only thing is we get burned badly by some matches! Ouch!!!! I'm in Australia so I can't be intimidated. It's a convict thing!
Jul 14th 2013 new
Hey Matt,
we in the Land of Oz have a children's called Bananas In Pyjamas. I am working on a US version using your President. Complete with a little catchy tune! All will be able to sing it at the next Presidential election. Here we go thrill seekers!
Pencils to the ready!
The show will be called, "Obama's in Pyjamas!"
and the little sweet song goes like this!
Obamas in pyjamas
are coming down the stairs!
Obamas in pyjamas
will catch you unawares
Obamas in pyjamas
avoiding abortions on the stairs!
Obamas in pyjamas
thanks the Clintons for putting him there!

Are you getting the picture thrill seekers???
No ones safe in the Land of the Free!!! We are going down the same political toilet! I wish world politicians would stop leaving their motions for us to carry and flush!

I think I am just about done alienating most of the world! It is a dirty job but its a hobby!
People might think me cynical and you know what! I am, so there!!! (Nice mature response! Please note!)

Posts 31 - 40 of 40