Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

It seems that here we are catagorized into groups in many different ways..Male---Female,,obviously....

But also strongly :::::: Widow/widower,,,,,,,,,,,,Dvorced/Annuled,,,,,,,,,,,,Never Marrieds.....

Does God catagorize us like this too....??? Does God want it to be so so so so difficult to find a Sweetheart ?????
Does God want us to be alone without a forever bestest friend Sweetheart,,,( spouse),,,????

Does God want us to be so selective that we stay alone and lonely at times...??
Does God think that we are not working hard enough to show the fire and hunger necessary to have a forever Sweetheart ???
Does God think that we make the whole FINDING PROCESS so difficult ..???

What say you..??? If God wipes our slates as white as snow when we confess,,,,,doesn't He also wipe clean out pasts so that all sections,,all groups,,,,widows/widower,,,divorced/annuled,,,never marrieds,,become one and the same to God,,,,,
If we can find joy and happiness under God's roof,,does he really care if we inter-mingle between these groups..???
Jul 09 new
Good question Kenny. I've been pondering on that as well. I'm beginning to believe my grandmother's saying that in heaven there's a list saying who ends up married, widowed etc. I think we can only pray and hope that we are on the married or remarried list, but ultimately he's the boss. Some people here say that if you pray hard enough and do a couple of thinks, that you will convince God otherwise. Maybe maybe not. If that were so, then none of the nonbelievers would be married. My mother, my sister and me are the only Catholics, or religious for that manner in my whole family(cousins etc.) and all of them are married, with partners, and with children, so I see it rather as a gift. Sure one has free will to decide if one gets married, if someone likes you and wants to marry you, but for someone like me who tries, and prays, and am flexible in my standards at some point, it doesn't make sense, at least not in my human comprehension. I think I may stay single. If that stays that way, I think God would see me with the same eyes and love as someone who is married.

All we or I can do is be military about it and follow orders. Life is boot camp.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
It seems that here we are catagorized into groups in many different ways..Male---Female,,obviously....

But also strongly Widow/widower,,,,,,,,,,,,Dvorced/Annuled,,,,,,,,,,,,Never Marrieds.....

Does God catagorize us like this too....??? Does God want it to be so so so so difficult to find a Sweetheart ?????
Does God want us to be alone without a forever bestest friend Sweetheart,,,( spouse),,,????

Does God think that we are not working hard enough to show the fire and hunger necessary to have a forever Sweetheart ???

What say you..??? If God wipes our slates as white as snow when we confess,,,,,doesn't He also wipe clean out pasts so that all sections,,all groups,,,,widows/widower,,,divorced/annuled,,,never marrieds,,become one and the same to God,,,,,
If we can find joy and happiness under God's roof,,does he really care if we inter-mingle between these groups..???
Kenny,

In regards to the catagories of "Widow/widower", "Dvorced/Annuled" and "Never Marrieds"....

I don't think that these catagories are meant to indicate that one or another is more "worthy" of getting married, but rather this gives some indication of the life experience (of that person) to person checking out their profile. This is simply useful (and necessary) to understand more about that person of interest..... And I might add that if someone indicates that they are divorced, but not annuled, then (at least for me) I think that they are (not yet) free to be in a dating relationship. In such a case, they are still married in the eyes of the Catholic Church (if they are not annuled).

Just my two cents worth.

Ed

Jul 09 new
Correction >> Should have written.......

"...are not (yet) free to marry..." instead of "...are (not yet) free to marry..."

Ed
Jul 09 new
In the end, it's either Sheep or Goats.

"And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."
Matthew 25:33
Jul 09 new
Kenny I think God must categorize most Single People because there are many, many saints in the Catholic Church that are single. So maybe the highest calling is singlehood-total devotion to Jesus. I realize you have had a past wonderful relationship with your wife (from your previous posts) and you probably have great memories - but let the rest of us move at our own speed according to our needs. If God means for you to find a new Sweetheart -you will but on his time ,not yours.
Jul 09 new
Can I be a widow once my ex-husband dies? After all, all these years I have had to be called DIVORCED because I was married to him! I wanna be his widow!!
Jul 09 new
Well Christine there are ways that can be arranged; however if he is alive they are neither moral or legal.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: I wanna be his widow!!
There was a cooking show with a female chef that I used to joke was trying to kill her husband on national TV. She kept feeding him dishes loaded with butter, cream, sugar, salt, etc.

Is it murder if he dies with a smile on his face?

But also strongly Widow/widower,,,,,,,,,,,,Dvorced/Annuled,,,,,,,,,,,,Never Marrieds.....

"Three to be Married" (Archbishop Fulton Sheen), God, husband, wife. That's all the categories that we need. Of course, to honor God, we marry in the Catholic Church, so, it's "free to marry in the Catholic Church" or not. I think that God leads a couple to the Church.

We have had a few CM marriages where the man was an RCIA candidate, and the woman was either his sponsor/teacher, or inspiration to becoming a Catholic. heartbeat faint
Posts 1 - 10 of 88