Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 09 new
I don't believe God is particularly interested in our categorization. I do wonder if he finds it amusing, however.
Jul 09 new
God categorizes us all as His children.

Now if you are a parent of several children, tell me how (if you do) you lovingly categorize them any other way?
Jul 09 new
Even among parents there are children that are "preferred" or more loved by them, some because got married and the nonmarried one is seen as disfunctional, or because the kid is personalitywise more similar to one parent and so on.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Even among parents there are children that are "preferred" or more loved by them, some because got married and the nonmarried one is seen as disfunctional, or because the kid is personalitywise more similar to one parent and so on.
You missed my point completely! God's love for His children is perfect, void of the errors we feel our parents may or may not have made.
Jul 09 new
Why am I then the only one here who doesn't feel loved by him at the moment? All of my friends and family are married except me, does this make me the disfunctional son, the forgotten one? Does God love the other people more than me, because he decided that I were to remain alone? I wonder, because his love doesnt make any sense.

Jul 09 new
I believe that sometimes God "categorizes" us as "never to marry" (or "never to marry again").

Sad but, I think, true.
Jul 09 new
eyepopping Yikes.

I'm sure you didn't mean that exactly the way it sounds....

Jul 09 new
Sometimes I've felt like that, too. But:
1. We don't know whether our siblings are actually happy in their marriages.
2. If I count up everything except marital status, I'm a lot more successful than my siblings.

I guess it all comes out even in the end.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I believe that sometimes God "categorizes" us as "never to marry" (or "never to marry again").

Sad but, I think, true.
Looks to me I'm the forgotten son, who has prayed so much for a girlfriend, and she never comes.
Jul 09 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Sometimes I've felt like that, too. But:
1. We don't know whether our siblings are actually happy in their marriages.
2. If I count up everything except marital status, I'm a lot more successful than my siblings.

I guess it all comes out even in the end.
I respectfully disagree Marge. In my case I'm introverted and highly romantic and I therefore value more going to the movies witth someone or a candlelight dinner than with large groups of people at a party, so for me a relationship is a sign of being succesful
Posts 11 - 20 of 88