Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 9th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Can I be a widow once my ex-husband dies? After all, all these years I have had to be called DIVORCED because I was married to him! I wanna be his widow!!
I'm with you on this one.
Jul 10th 2013 new
I intermingle. I have talked to never married men, widowers, and annulled men and some divorced men. I am just trying to be the best me that God can ask. I am just trying to let my light shine in whatever field God places me in. God bless your search
Jul 10th 2013 new
You're still very young, bro. My husband and my brother and my brother-in-law all married at 35, my dad at 44, and his brother at 59.
All in good time.
Jul 10th 2013 new
Some people are never intended to be married. To be single and aid the church etc is a vocation as well.. Marriage isn't the way worth living.
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Felicity-929402 said: Some people are never intended to be married. To be single and aid the church etc is a vocation as well.. Marriage isn't the way worth living.
And do you want to remain single?
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Felicity-929402 said: Some people are never intended to be married. To be single and aid the church etc is a vocation as well.. Marriage isn't the way worth living.
Maybe I'm just one of those. Someone has to pay the prize right?
Jul 10th 2013 new
A STORY... My uncle was in his thirties when he made/did a novena to Our Mother of Perpetual help. He wanted to get married but was running into what he called silly frivolous women not a woman of substance that he hoped for. His novena was for the intention that he'd really find someone or that God would give him a new dream... perhaps joining the Peace Corp. LaSalle groups were big at that time for single Catholics and he and my mom (his sister) were going to go to a dance with their friends. Leroy and Irmajean were siblings also. Leroy was my uncles friend and Irmajean was my moms. Leroy and Irmajean just happened to bring with them their cousin... MaryEllen. My Uncle was taken with her right away. They dated a bit and found out that she had left the convent the day he finished his novena. They married, had three kids, and were great friends and lovers until he passed. Just wanted to share. Their story gives me hope. Do you see though... my Uncle was willing to surrender his dream to God to have God do with him what He willed. The longer I am single the more I believe that all of this hope, dream, and trying must be left at God's most loving feet. He knows out needs better than anyone
Jul 10th 2013 new
(quote) Carlos-977696 said: Why am I then the only one here who doesn't feel loved by him at the moment? All of my friends and family are married except me, does this make me the disfunctional son, the forgotten one? Does God love the other people more than me, because he decided that I were to remain alone? I wonder, because his love doesnt make any sense.

This.
Jul 10th 2013 new
Don't want to be single and not called to the priesthood, so what else is there?
Jul 10th 2013 new

So how is one catagorized if he is real old like me.....????

I hope God still loves me after some of the posts and threads that I read on the site,,,,it is scarey sometimes.......

And does God forgive that I love Onion Rings dipped in spicy ranch dressing.???
..I hope so,,,,

So I used to be in the widow/widowers group,,,,,,,I'm moving my status to the """Old Folks Who Love Onion Rings Group"""...

I know that onion Rings aren't in the Bible,,,but I've seen some very corpulent Priests who look like they eat a pound of Onion Rings everyday and 2 pounds of French Fries too.....

Posts 21 - 30 of 88