Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 12th 2013 new
Yes
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Yes
Hi Tim,

I'd love to hear what happened with your experience since I've also had "visits" from spirits.


Connie
Jul 12th 2013 new
Not sure how much I want to get into all of that on here. Suffice to say I have seen a lot, both good and evil and we will leave it at that.
Jul 12th 2013 new
I once felt the presence of an angel (right over my shoulder) while I was driving. I always felt it was my baby girl I had lost to miscarriage because this occurred close to what would have been her birthday. It was very brief, but I was left with a feeling of happiness and awe!
Jul 12th 2013 new
Yes, a few.
Most recent....on a walk in the woods, while praying the Rosary, just looking up in the sky the sun grew so bright (on a gray cloudy day)...no big deal. What caught my eye was an emerging image of what appeared to be the formation of a typical image of our Blessed Mother I stared thinking it was just in my mind. Wondering if it was just in my mind. I kept looking and staring and I noted up in the sky the sun seemed to become stronger, the water began to glisten and sparkle. The presence was so strong. I was prompted to kneel. I took off one glove and knelt on one knee. I had my walking stick in my hand like a staff and then I was prompted to lay that down and kneel on both knees. Which I did. As I was kneeling, many thoughts flowed fast in my mind. Mostly my own struggles with if this was my own imagination. The things that came to me were profound. What came to me was my country. My country will be alright. A transformation will occur. It has something to do with the papal situation. Though that was not revealed. I kept getting what I call prompts or thoughts and they flew so rapidly but one of the most surprising was a vague thought of the Pope chosen and also from the Americas. Okay, I thought. Later that day, while serving as a Eucharistic Minister at the hospital, while in and out of rooms I noted many people watching the news covering the Vatican. No pope yet....no pope yet....I did not think much of it other than how amazing it was that so much attention was on this new papal election (which made me very happy). Toward the end of my shift...guess what...Pope Francis was announced! From South America. This occurred on March 13, 2013. I see it as a Spiritual Phenomenon, but it surely is up for debate! Thanks for asking.

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Maria-930320 said: Yes, a few.
Most recent....on a walk in the woods, while praying the Rosary, just looking up in the sky the sun grew so bright (on a gray cloudy day)...no big deal. What caught my eye was an emerging image of what appeared to be the formation of a typical image of our Blessed Mother I stared thinking it was just in my mind. Wondering if it was just in my mind. I kept looking and staring and I noted up in the sky the sun seemed to become stronger, the water began to glisten and sparkle. The presence was so strong. I was prompted to kneel. I took off one glove and knelt on one knee. I had my walking stick in my hand like a staff and then I was prompted to lay that down and kneel on both knees. Which I did. As I was kneeling, many thoughts flowed fast in my mind. Mostly my own struggles with if this was my own imagination. The things that came to me were profound. What came to me was my country. My country will be alright. A transformation will occur. It has something to do with the papal situation. Though that was not revealed. I kept getting what I call prompts or thoughts and they flew so rapidly but one of the most surprising was a vague thought of the Pope chosen and also from the Americas. Okay, I thought. Later that day, while serving as a Eucharistic Minister at the hospital, while in and out of rooms I noted many people watching the news covering the Vatican. No pope yet....no pope yet....I did not think much of it other than how amazing it was that so much attention was on this new papal election (which made me very happy). Toward the end of my shift...guess what...Pope Francis was announced! From South America. This occurred on March 13, 2013. I see it as a Spiritual Phenomenon, but it surely is up for debate! Thanks for asking.

Let's be accurate, you cannot and did not serve as a Eucharistic Minister in a Hospital.

You served as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

Only an ordained Deacon or Priest can serve as a Eucaristic Minister.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Let's be accurate, you cannot and did not serve as a Eucharistic Minister in a Hospital.

You served as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion.

Only an ordained Deacon or Priest can serve as a Eucaristic Minister.
Beautiful story like that and you have to foul it up. And reason why people leave this faith.....because of rhetoric like that. Really.....get over yourself
Jul 13th 2013 new
Yes and no just once. The most strange was when my boyfriend died (did not know by that time) and I fell something like an energy passing through me, something very hard to describe. I knew in that moment something bad was happening to him, a few minutes later I received a call saying that he got a motorcycle accident. He was saying bye.
Jul 13th 2013 new
I felt my father's presence about a month or two after he died. I hadn't been looking for that, but there it was, and it was comforting.
Maybe 4 years ago, I heard what I thought was His Voice in my head one night when I went to bed. The voice was not happy--not mean nor angry but stern. Told me to get ready because I wouldn't be around past the end of the year. I asked whether there was something I could do to change that. I don't remember the answer, but it must have been in the affirmative, as I have changed things in my life and I am still here....
A couple of years ago, an experience I found profound is also difficult to describe. Let's just say it was a moment of flying through the cosmos in the spiritual realm. The friend I was with at the time said the Holy Spirit was evident on my face. That experience was a well-timed catalyst to get me progressing deeper in my relationship with the Lord.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Not sure how much I want to get into all of that on here. Suffice to say I have seen a lot, both good and evil and we will leave it at that.
that's fine not to share on this forum. I've read some of the comments too where some think it's a form of the devil to see spirits.

Unless you have experienced seeing a spirit close to you, you will never fully understand what it is all about.

My ten year old daughter saw a spirit who she said looked like the woman who was on the show Murder She Wrote. I also had that same visit as well as my mother. All of us were wakened up from our sleep by this spirit. Nothing ever came of it and we never saw her again. Although, my mother has heard objects moving on the coffee table in the living room many times, just the black shoes walking in the kitchen and relatives who have passed on visiting her as she slept. She has had out of body experiences all her life.
As a child, when she'd stay with her aunt on her farm, which was near a river, she's sit up at night to watch the indians who were circling around their campfire (in her bedroom). She was about 6 when she saw them. To this day, the people who sleep in that room also see those Indians. (we had an opportunity to revisit my aunts farm once. the owners told us that their son couldn't sleep in his bedroom). we never told them why but we knew why.
Posts 11 - 20 of 61