Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-940526 said: Beautiful story like that and you have to foul it up. And reason why people leave this faith.....because of rhetoric like that. Really.....get over yourself
I read your comment then looked at it more closely and thought that it was rude also the way you wrote it.

Maybe you could have worded it to not make the poster feel as if she doesn't know what she is talking about.

give her a thumbs up for doing good for her community.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-940526 said: Beautiful story like that and you have to foul it up. And reason why people leave this faith.....because of rhetoric like that. Really.....get over yourself
While I can see that Paul's response may come across as having a harsh tone, what he said is completely accurate.

Anyone who would leave the Church over a statement such as his either has no understanding of our faith or has already rejected it.

Jul 13th 2013 new
About 15 years ago, I was in the hospital with pneumonia. I was praying, and all of a sudden I could feel a presence in the room. Then I felt a voice tell me...it's not your time yet. As I am typing this, I feel my Angels laughing. :-)
They are ALL around us!
Jul 13th 2013 new
What a genius idea. There's a pop culture line from Donnie Darko that spread the idea to me as a teen that we all "die alone. . .". That is bogus if i take the reality of angels to be true. And to expand from that, my angel greets with me as an advocate everywhere I go. I am never alone. I can draw strength from that when I feel anxious of others judgment or worry I am misunderstood . . . My angel is behind the scenes working in the favor of the divine plan. Right on!
Jul 13th 2013 new
I love what you said about greeting silently others angels Lisa.I heard we can ask and send our Gaurdian angel to assist another.I will ask my angel to go to the aid of a child of mine if I am worried about their purity or safety .
Jul 13th 2013 new
Many many times!!!
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: I've read some of the comments too where some think it's a form of the devil to see spirits.

Are all visions of spirits of demonic origin? Of course not. But it is important to realize that visions of spirits, even those that appear to be of heavenly origin, may in fact come from the demons. This is another reason why Stan is called "the great deceiver". We are at greatest risk of such demonic subterfuge when we seek out spiritual contacts or have an excessive interest in them. It is even possible for the demons to emulate prior heavenly spiritual visions.

This is a very complicated topic that I don't have time to research properly. I caution anyone who undertakes research on this subject matter to approach it objectively, not just looking for evidence that supports your emotional bias (whichever side of the subject it may fall on).

Fr. Chad Ripperger, who is a very active exorcist, has a number of talks that deal with spiritual warfare on his web site: www.sensustraditionis.org (please note the penanceware requirements at the top of the page and the restriction against linking directly to the recordings on his site).

Another source of homilies on the topic is www.audiosancto.org

Jul 13th 2013 new
One of the reason there is so much dissension in the Chuirch is because of critical errors like that.

I got over myself before you were even born. While we are at it, take your own advice.

Jul 13th 2013 new
Me too. Yes.
Jul 13th 2013 new
Yes, twice in my life actually and both times in periods of depression, and both were specifically linked to Catholic rituals -- the rosary and incensing the altar. First time was when I was in 8th grade, big time depression, was at Mass and Father incensed the altar and I said "Mom did you see that?" What I saw was the incense take the form of Christ lying down on the cross as if it were lying flat to the ground and it was over the altar. I've looked to try to see it other times and haven't again.

The rosary -- International Touring Statue of Our Lady of Fatima was at my parents' church. Again I was experiencing depression. We processed around the church saying the rosary and to our seats, finishing the rosary. I was in a pew towards the front of church in front of the statue just staring at it when I couldn't believe my eyes...had to do a double-take a couple of times because I wasn't seeing the face of Mary on the statue anymore but instead a man's face, bearded I think, but wasn't a warm inviting face that would make you think you'd just seen the face of Jesus, but when the rosary was over, the man's face was gone. Told this to a friend once and she said "to Jesus through Mary." My family that was present at the time this happened were sitting in the back of church and said "you looked like you were in a trance".

Posts 21 - 30 of 61