Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 14 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: ... born. ....

And speaking of 'born', Happy Birthday, young sir.
Jul 14 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: And speaking of 'born', Happy Birthday, young sir.
Thank you, Roystan!
Jul 14 new
Probably all of us have experienced a Spiritual Phenomenon at some time or another.

They can arise from three possible causes. No matter from which cause they come, they are all real to us.

1) Our own imagination. If that is the origin, we can just enjoy them for what they are and let them go. The only way we can get in trouble with them, is if we go off into our own world too often to escape from the realities of life. In that case, we could need professional help.

If they arise from either cause 2 or 3, we need to be extremely careful as it is our soul on the line.

2) The devil. This is by far the most dangerous because it will usually come to us as a pleasureful experience and we will not know it comes from the Devil. In this case, as in one, enjoy it for what it appears to be and let it go. If we give into it beyond that, it will provide Satan an opening that could eventually lead to our eternal destruction.

3) From God. Isn't it funny, if it is from God it could be pleasureful or not. If the former, enjoy it for what it is in the immediate moment. But let it go. Why? Because if it is from God he will let you know it in no uncertain terms in time. On the other hand it could be a less than pleasureful experience. If we are open to God, His grace will show you the lesson you are to take from it.

Reading what I have written, I am sad at my inability to provide a better explanation of what I am trying express. I have experienced these phenomenons from all 3 causes. I hope everyone gets the idea.
Jul 14 new
Most definitely! All the time! Whether in dreams or in everyday living. My guardian angel's name is Marion. It is encouraged that we name our angel. I am so very thankful for all ANGELS.
Jul 14 new
Maria, "Thank You" for sharing that spiritual experience. You must be a special lady to have had such an experience. I too, am an extraordinary minister of communion at my parish. Bless you.
Jul 14 new
Paul, It sounds like you speak from many, many years of experience. Is your education in the realm of psychic phenomena? What would cause you to receive "dark side" awareness? Seek the "white light"
Jul 14 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Probably all of us have experienced a Spiritual Phenomenon at some time or another.

They can arise from three possible causes. No matter from which cause they come, they are all real to us.

1) Our own imagination. If that is the origin, we can just enjoy them for what they are and let them go. The only way we can get in trouble with them, is if we go off into our own world too often to escape from the realities of life. In that case, we could need professional help.

If they arise from either cause 2 or 3, we need to be extremely careful as it is our soul on the line.

2) The devil. This is by far the most dangerous because it will usually come to us as a pleasureful experience and we will not know it comes from the Devil. In this case, as in one, enjoy it for what it appears to be and let it go. If we give into it beyond that, it will provide Satan an opening that could eventually lead to our eternal destruction.

3) From God. Isn't it funny, if it is from God it could be pleasureful or not. If the former, enjoy it for what it is in the immediate moment. But let it go. Why? Because if it is from God he will let you know it in no uncertain terms in time. On the other hand it could be a less than pleasureful experience. If we are open to God, His grace will show you the lesson you are to take from it.

Reading what I have written, I am sad at my inability to provide a better explanation of what I am trying express. I have experienced these phenomenons from all 3 causes. I hope everyone gets the idea.
Paul, would you mind sharing an example from your own experience to illustrate each of those points, so that we can more clearly understand?
Jul 14 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: My current house seems to have bad elements around it the former owner was something of trouble maker and horrible to the neighbors he left the radio blasting on weekend and left the house for three days with it still on. I put a St. Joseph Icon in the kitchen and my problems ended there. I blessed the house myself and had the house blessed by a priest. When the priest came to bless my house he ran into my parked car and scratched up his own....
Did the incident with the priest happen before or after his blessing?

If before, then it would make more sense. If after, perhaps the spirit was pushed outside and not happy about it? Or, perhaps a blessing by the priest was not enough? Sometimes a priest should perform an exorcism of evil spirits from a place.

I think a visit by a priest to a parishioner's home should be mandatory, once a year. Often we are taught about unity of the community, etc, but here in the States it is all lip serviced in the west and most parishes and the churches are empty. You can always tell when a local community is more vibrant because of all the Catholic activity.

In Europe, in the town I grew up in, prior and for a short time after Vatican II, it was customary for the parish priest, accompanied by certain servers (carrying the cross, incense, etc..) to walk down the mile long street (as almost all were Catholics) and stop off house-to house and conduct the annual procession of blessing the homes. It was usually announced in advance to give people notice to be present and time to prepare the homes. Different streets were done on different weekends. I don't remember a room in any home I frequented not having a cross in it - nothing fancy and not obtrusive. Most rooms where small children slept had a picture of Gabriel hanging on the wall, and in the family area, there was always a picture of the Sacred Heat of Jesus, and Sacred Heart of Mary and the house cross between them. Often, other icons or statues abounded. It was hard to turn anywhere without sensing the presence of God.

My family left Europe in 1969. When I went back to visit my home town for the first time since we left, in 1984, few homes maintained those customs. The seminary in the town was nearly empty and yet just 15 years earlier it had 79 seminarians in it. Most priests had left the Church. There were but just a few homes on our street that still maintained all that was like I remembered it.

As an aside, I liked when a person's profile would have it written citing Jeremiah - as for this house, it belongs to the Lord... (not sure if I am getting all the words right here, my memory becomes more lucid after I get my morning tea)

My favorite saying is "Thy will be done". So that is a constant reminder for me for keeping it real.

There was one particular, most vivid and clear intervention of God in my life that changed the course of my life most significantly, but there were others too. Angels definitely exist. I most easily sense their presence when I go to receive the Eucharist.

Jul 14 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Did the incident with the priest happen before or after his blessing?

If before, then it would make more sense. If after, perhaps the spirit was pushed outside and not happy about it? Or, perhaps a blessing by the priest was not enough? Sometimes a priest should perform an exorcism of evil spirits from a place.

I think a visit by a priest to a parishioner's home should be mandatory, once a year. Often we are taught about unity of the community, etc, but here in the States it is all lip serviced in the west and most parishes and the churches are empty. You can always tell when a local community is more vibrant because of all the Catholic activity.

In Europe, in the town I grew up in, prior and for a short time after Vatican II, it was customary for the parish priest, accompanied by certain servers (carrying the cross, incense, etc..) to walk down the mile long street (as almost all were Catholics) and stop off house-to house and conduct the annual procession of blessing the homes. It was usually announced in advance to give people notice to be present and time to prepare the homes. Different streets were done on different weekends. I don't remember a room in any home I frequented not having a cross in it - nothing fancy and not obtrusive. Most rooms where small children slept had a picture of Gabriel hanging on the wall, and in the family area, there was always a picture of the Sacred Heat of Jesus, and Sacred Heart of Mary and the house cross between them. Often, other icons or statues abounded. It was hard to turn anywhere without sensing the presence of God.

My family left Europe in 1969. When I went back to visit my home town for the first time since we left, in 1984, few homes maintained those customs. The seminary in the town was nearly empty and yet just 15 years earlier it had 79 seminarians in it. Most priests had left the Church. There were but just a few homes on our street that still maintained all that was like I remembered it.

As an aside, I liked when a person's profile would have it written citing Jeremiah - as for this house, it belongs to the Lord... (not sure if I am getting all the words right here, my memory becomes more lucid after I get my morning tea)

My favorite saying is "Thy will be done". So that is a constant reminder for me for keeping it real.

There was one particular, most vivid and clear intervention of God in my life that changed the course of my life most significantly, but there were others too. Angels definitely exist. I most easily sense their presence when I go to receive the Eucharist.

Good comments here Paul. I second Rystan's comment to you too, Happy Birthday, Sir!
Jul 14 new
Oops! Quoting myself again... sigh... I pushed the wrong button
Posts 31 - 40 of 61