Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bobbi-973848 said: Yes Marian, I know all about STD and what it can do, I have worked in a hospital and have seen what they can do....they come to get cured but go right back out and keep living same life style and come back again to the hospital... It is a shame what the world has come to....It is a bigger shame that people are not listening to God....and let sex and lust rule their lives...

God Bless us all each and every one of us... We need it... I do not believe in premarital sex and so I woul dnot date anyone who does.... GOD has to come first in all our lives..
A close friend of mine(not from CM) was pursued for sex last year relentlessly by a man(not from CM) who has had many lovers and thinks nothing of having sex. It is just something to be gratified. I got a book on STD's and gaver it to her to read after they fizzled and she was happy to learn she had potentially dodged a bullet even just in that arena. Some people do NOT care about STD's and that is just ONE area of this discussion.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: A close friend of mine(not from CM) was pursued for sex last year relentlessly by a man(not from CM) who has had many lovers and thinks nothing of having sex. It is just something to be gratified. I got a book on STD's and gaver it to her to read after they fizzled and she was happy to learn she had potentially dodged a bullet even just in that arena. Some people do NOT care about STD's and that is just ONE area of this discussion.
Yes some men and women just want sex and now the new thing friends with benefits. Which if you are not romantically involved the you have lust with friends. I am sorry but I do not get...Making love can be beautiful with your husband as it was intended, not just any one...and all the thing that can happen with sex with partners with being married.. People just do not think..they have sex on the brain and that is what they want....I feel sorry for them and pray for the...Some are addicted to sex..and if they can not get willingly they just take it...
Jul 12th 2013 new
There are people here on cm who I have unfortunately been fooled by who say they are 7/7 but really just get you hooked by faking how good and holy they are and then after a few weeks of daily emails, chats, phone talks, they let show their true purpose -- getting into my pants! I don't know why people lie -- if you only want to use people for sex, find those others who also feel that way, rather than try to trick others. What's up with that???
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: There are people here on cm who I have unfortunately been fooled by who say they are 7/7 but really just get you hooked by faking how good and holy they are and then after a few weeks of daily emails, chats, phone talks, they let show their true purpose -- getting into my pants! I don't know why people lie -- if you only want to use people for sex, find those others who also feel that way, rather than try to trick others. What's up with that???
Yes I have run into that also. They think they can sweet talk us to submission, but there are some who believe it..I just tell them they are barking up the wrong tree. I am set in my ways and they will not change it...to find some else....They think they are so good they can talk a girl out of her better judgement.. I just say GET BEHIND ME DEVIL. I AM WITH THE LORD..

These men who lie think they can talk us into anything with their sweet talk.. The are so much in love with themselves they think they can have anything they want. and that we will change our minds....
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: There are people here on cm who I have unfortunately been fooled by who say they are 7/7 but really just get you hooked by faking how good and holy they are and then after a few weeks of daily emails, chats, phone talks, they let show their true purpose -- getting into my pants! I don't know why people lie -- if you only want to use people for sex, find those others who also feel that way, rather than try to trick others. What's up with that???
I have had that happen here at CM, more than once, as well as in the "meet people out and about" dating world. : ( I cannot believe how brazen and bold people are in this area. It just makes me so sad. sad I guess the one thing to really notice is that most of these propositions have been made on the first date with someone so that does show me that they are just after lust and not thinking of the other person as a person at all. That would be a sad way to live.

Thankfully I am meeting some great people of great quality and character here on CM now, so I am happy about that! biggrin

I keep praying that God will bring me someone who has remained faithful to His teachings too. It is difficult, but I continue to hope that that man is out there! I will start praying more for him and that he has the strength to continue to remain pure as well. Dove

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-119096 said: I have had that happen here at CM, more than once, as well as in the "meet people out and about" dating world. : ( I cannot believe how brazen and bold people are in this area. It just makes me so sad. I guess the one thing to really notice is that most of these propositions have been made on the first date with someone so that does show me that they are just after lust and not thinking of the other person as a person at all. That would be a sad way to live.

Thankfully I am meeting some great people of great quality and character here on CM now, so I am happy about that!

I keep praying that God will bring me someone who has remained faithful to His teachings too. It is difficult, but I continue to hope that that man is out there! I will start praying more for him and that he has the strength to continue to remain pure as well.

I will pray for you also to find a pure soulmate....

It is so very sad that men do expect women to be pure but want to have their way with them but want to marry a pure woman....

I will keep you in my prayers....I will also pray for you when at church tomorrow when he holds up the host, that is when most prayers are answered....I will also say a pray to ST Therese for you, So God Bless you and I hope our prayers are answered....Tonight Ann I will say the pray to St Therese for you, and if age is not a problem, I know a great guy His name is Bob and he is pure, he is a wonderful man he is 70 I know that is a big age difference but right now he is the only man I know for sure is pure....I know you are kinda young for him....
Jul 12th 2013 new
It seems the theme here, all about man bashing in regards to purity. As a man, I hold high value upon it, and there is a ton of pressure from gals in and out of the church insisting upon premarital relations. To express being devoted to the church, automatically places me outside of their scope, agenda, and world, and they may not say it out right, their actions speak loudly. We are indeed a rare breed, both genders, to keep ones self pure, but if you keep in mind, you when you finally enter into marriage, you won't be bringing in unnecessary baggage, it holds a great deal of weight and you are giving a tremendous gift to them due to it.

I had a conversation with a gal a month or so ago, one of the ones I knew from high school, and she makes this statement, that when you are "our" age, you can't help be be bringing in ones baggage into the scene. I could tell by her mannerisms and disposition, she has had a lot of miles on her in this department, and I was tempted to interject, by saying "speak for yourself lady",. But, this whole, at your age thing is what bothers me the most.

I have had a few girlfriends, not a giant list at all, and it was their extensive baggage that made it difficult to remain in the relationship. I was expected to draw upon some fictional past series of relationships to know how to interact as a husband and father, even though I have never been either, and no amount of intuition or observation on my end could make up for it. I don't waste time pursuing any gal that has extensive baggage, and yes, it has automatically forced me to tend to seek ones much younger then myself, the fact is, especially in this area, I'm more equally yolked with those type, then the typical 40 something year old.

The whole 38-70 year match making comment, you can't be serious? At the age of 70, I think you pretty much need to keep focused on preparing for your last days on this earth, not pursuing a 38 year old gal, that is just ridicules. And no, you don't have to be thinking that it's necessary to pursue old men like that just because they are the only ones that are pure, what a bleak outlook.

Guys don't advertise their purity, it's just not done, but I have to admit, some can be dogs in this area, yet I'm going to make this very clear. The woman is the weaker sex, more prone to giving into temptation. I observe things even on these forums, where that point is made very, very clear, including commandments broken, one of them being, "Though shalt not bear false witness."....

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: It seems the theme here, all about man bashing in regards to purity. As a man, I hold high value upon it, and there is a ton of pressure from gals in and out of the church insisting upon premarital relations. To express being devoted to the church, automatically places me outside of their scope, agenda, and world, and they may not say it out right, their actions speak loudly. We are indeed a rare breed, both genders, to keep ones self pure, but if you keep in mind, you when you finally enter into marriage, you won't be bringing in unnecessary baggage, it holds a great deal of weight and you are giving a tremendous gift to them due to it.

I had a conversation with a gal a month or so ago, one of the ones I knew from high school, and she makes this statement, that when you are "our" age, you can't help be be bringing in ones baggage into the scene. I could tell by her mannerisms and disposition, she has had a lot of miles on her in this department, and I was tempted to interject, by saying "speak for yourself lady",. But, this whole, at your age thing is what bothers me the most.

I have had a few girlfriends, not a giant list at all, and it was their extensive baggage that made it difficult to remain in the relationship. I was expected to draw upon some fictional past series of relationships to know how to interact as a husband and father, even though I have never been either, and no amount of intuition or observation on my end could make up for it. I don't waste time pursuing any gal that has extensive baggage, and yes, it has automatically forced me to tend to seek ones much younger then myself, the fact is, especially in this area, I'm more equally yolked with those type, then the typical 40 something year old.

The whole 38-70 year match making comment, you can't be serious? At the age of 70, I think you pretty much need to keep focused on preparing for your last days on this earth, not pursuing a 38 year old gal, that is just ridicules. And no, you don't have to be thinking that it's necessary to pursue old men like that just because they are the only ones that are pure, what a bleak outlook.

Guys don't advertise their purity, it's just not done, but I have to admit, some can be dogs in this area, yet I'm going to make this very clear. The woman is the weaker sex, more prone to giving into temptation. I observe things even on these forums, where that point is made very, very clear, including commandments broken, one of them being, "Though shalt not bear false witness."....

I don't think this is 'man' bashing -- more like sorrowing outloud about the sad things we've encountered, even here, in our pursuit of love.
And I don't think women are 'the weaker sex' when it comes to giving in to our sex drive -- but I do know that women are givers and lovers and often want so badly to love and be loved that they foolishly think that by giving in to another's desire for sex they are loving best, when it only debases both the male and the female when they engage in sexual relations outside of holy, monogamous marriage.
Any man or woman who abstains from sexual pleasures outside marriage finds pleasure in God's eyes.
Good work, all who fight impurity!
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: It seems the theme here, all about man bashing in regards to purity. As a man, I hold high value upon it, and there is a ton of pressure from gals in and out of the church insisting upon premarital relations. To express being devoted to the church, automatically places me outside of their scope, agenda, and world, and they may not say it out right, their actions speak loudly. We are indeed a rare breed, both genders, to keep ones self pure, but if you keep in mind, you when you finally enter into marriage, you won't be bringing in unnecessary baggage, it holds a great deal of weight and you are giving a tremendous gift to them due to it.

I know it is not only men, and I did not imply it was... but growing up, I knew men who were the ones putting on the pressure.. I was for a long while growing up a tom boy, I hung out with the boys as my brother and I were close. I use to hear them talking about the girls who would or not give in. they said they would get as many girls as they could but when it came to marrying they want virgins... I asked them if you do that there would be no virgins left. and if a girl is good enough to sleep with them she should be good enough to marry... back them Men who had a lot of women were call studs. Girls on the other hand were looked down upon and call easy. and some guys even if the girl said no he told others she did anyway... so please do come down on my topic.... I believe both should be pure one should not expect more for the other than they are...

I Know girls of today that are just as bad as guys. but seen as I only know one many now two that is pure (you) as one of them. I do not know any others....and about age, What difference does it make if both parties do not mine it should not matter to anyone... My late husband was 18 years older me... I saw a couple on TV the other day he was in his 80 she is 38 and in love... so if you prefer someone your own age that is you thing... don't put your view on someone else...
Jul 12th 2013 new
and about false witness, I have not done that... read my other post about lying..
Posts 11 - 20 of 102