Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Michelle-985969 said: I suppose but I haven't seen any attractive 70 year old men.

I'll be 70 in just 11 short years....If I'm adorble now,, I should still be a little adorable in 11 years....We can play shuffleboard and Bingo....Wait a minute,,,,,,will you also be older in 11 years ?????? I gotta think on this one...
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

I'll be 70 in just 11 short years....If I'm adorble now,, I should still be a little adorable in 11 years....We can play shuffleboard and Bingo....Wait a minute,,,,,,will you also be older in 11 years ?????? I gotta think on this one...
Sorry don't pay attention to me. Sometimes I put my foot in my mouth! Sometimes we don't think! I've had men in their late 30's tell I'm too old for them! What goes around comes around!
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bobbi-973848 said: I know one his name is Bob and he is wonderful. He is in Ky and he does a lot of post. infact he has arranged a dinner tonight for CM's... He is nice inside and out...
I think it would so nice if Bob took an interest in you. biggrin You deserve a nice man.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bobbi-973848 said: "[God] has assigned as a duty to every man the dignity of every woman." --Pope John Paul II "To be pure, to remain pure, can only come at a price, the price of knowing God and loving him enough to do his will. He will always give us the strength we need to keep purity"

Look what Jesus did for each of us.. We can do this for him...

Remember it say in the Bible more people will go to Hell for the sin of the flesh than any other sin... so purity is not a big price to pay to a loving God who gave us his own Son....

Think of Jesus sacrifice, we and all do this...
I think it is great when men look out for a woman's dignity. I've met men that make me want to be even more modest just to live up to their standards (because being respected by a godly man is not a bad thing). My brother dated a woman that dressed very "attractively," and he told her bluntly that she wasn't dressing in a holy way. She didn't want to hear it and put the onus on men not to think about her body. Eventually, she came to see that he was right and now dresses very stylishly and beautifuly and modestly.

Side note (or side question, rather): "Remember it say in the Bible more people will go to Hell for the sin of the flesh than any other sin." Isn't this the message of Fatima and not the Bible? (Not that the Bible isn't against sins of the flesh.)

Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-847286 said: I think it is great when men look out for a woman's dignity. I've met men that make me want to be even more modest just to live up to their standards (because being respected by a godly man is not a bad thing). My brother dated a woman that dressed very "attractively," and he told her bluntly that she wasn't dressing in a holy way. She didn't want to hear it and put the onus on men not to think about her body. Eventually, she came to see that he was right and now dresses very stylishly and beautifuly and modestly.

Side note (or side question, rather): "Remember it say in the Bible more people will go to Hell for the sin of the flesh than any other sin." Isn't this the message of Fatima and not the Bible? (Not that the Bible isn't against sins of the flesh.)

But it is remember sodom and Gomorrah God destroyed them for sins of the flesh and not just for homo but for perverted sex. We are suppose to be pure remember women were stoned for have sex before marriage in the bible.
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Bobbi-973848 said: But it is remember sodom and Gomorrah God destroyed them for sins of the flesh and not just for homo but for perverted sex. We are suppose to be pure remember women were stoned for have sex before marriage in the bible.
If Joseph had not agreed to Marry she would have been stoned to death... so yes God does say this...it may have been said at fatima also but God wants us to be pure...
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-906925 said: It seems the theme here, all about man bashing in regards to purity. As a man, I hold high value upon it, and there is a ton of pressure from gals in and out of the church insisting upon premarital relations. To express being devoted to the church, automatically places me outside of their scope, agenda, and world, and they may not say it out right, their actions speak loudly. We are indeed a rare breed, both genders, to keep ones self pure, but if you keep in mind, you when you finally enter into marriage, you won't be bringing in unnecessary baggage, it holds a great deal of weight and you are giving a tremendous gift to them due to it.

I had a conversation with a gal a month or so ago, one of the ones I knew from high school, and she makes this statement, that when you are "our" age, you can't help be be bringing in ones baggage into the scene. I could tell by her mannerisms and disposition, she has had a lot of miles on her in this department, and I was tempted to interject, by saying "speak for yourself lady",. But, this whole, at your age thing is what bothers me the most.

I have had a few girlfriends, not a giant list at all, and it was their extensive baggage that made it difficult to remain in the relationship. I was expected to draw upon some fictional past series of relationships to know how to interact as a husband and father, even though I have never been either, and no amount of intuition or observation on my end could make up for it. I don't waste time pursuing any gal that has extensive baggage, and yes, it has automatically forced me to tend to seek ones much younger then myself, the fact is, especially in this area, I'm more equally yolked with those type, then the typical 40 something year old.

The whole 38-70 year match making comment, you can't be serious? At the age of 70, I think you pretty much need to keep focused on preparing for your last days on this earth, not pursuing a 38 year old gal, that is just ridicules. And no, you don't have to be thinking that it's necessary to pursue old men like that just because they are the only ones that are pure, what a bleak outlook.

Guys don't advertise their purity, it's just not done, but I have to admit, some can be dogs in this area, yet I'm going to make this very clear. The woman is the weaker sex, more prone to giving into temptation. I observe things even on these forums, where that point is made very, very clear, including commandments broken, one of them being, "Though shalt not bear false witness."....

Brian, I did forgive my husband why do you think I took care of him for 24 years after he cheated 3 times...I could have told him to leave, but I did not.. I just did not sleep with him any longer. He want other women he could have them.. he just could not have me... so don't tell me I did not forgive him I did... If you wife cheated on you with 3 different women what would you have done..???? I stayed and kept my vows... I do not judge all men for that. I was his 3 wife and he cheated on all of them so I found out after by his children... so don't Judge me, don't tell me I did not forgive him.. I did.. He became very sick for 5 years and I took care of him all the way, I was there for him. I was not in someone elses bed... or Arms.. I had a husband and I took vows and kept them.. You can not say I did not... I did not want a disease and with him sleeping around that could have happened...

So watch what you say unless you walk in my shoes...
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: There are people here on cm who I have unfortunately been fooled by who say they are 7/7 but really just get you hooked by faking how good and holy they are and then after a few weeks of daily emails, chats, phone talks, they let show their true purpose -- getting into my pants! I don't know why people lie -- if you only want to use people for sex, find those others who also feel that way, rather than try to trick others. What's up with that???
What is up with that is the idea that someone they can fool might be disease free.. for one thing...
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: There are people here on cm who I have unfortunately been fooled by who say they are 7/7 but really just get you hooked by faking how good and holy they are and then after a few weeks of daily emails, chats, phone talks, they let show their true purpose -- getting into my pants! I don't know why people lie -- if you only want to use people for sex, find those others who also feel that way, rather than try to trick others. What's up with that???
Rachel, I forgot to respond to the early part of this post. Yes there are people who have been fooled by people who pretend to believe in all 7 teachings of the Church. They are manipulative and they know exactly what they are doing in misrepresetning themselves. Yes, there are these people here.
Jul 12th 2013 new
I think that Brian would do well to stand in front of a mirror when he starts pointing fingers.

Ed
Posts 41 - 50 of 102