Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 12th 2013 new
Well, I don't know--I just watched a video of the "couple of the year" on the success stories page and the lady was obviously heavier than the guy by a good bit perhaps placing them in unequal "attractiveness" levels yet they looked pretty happy to me.

Do people often take up with those of similar attractiveness levels? Well, yes, much of the time--but also, how often do we see young, beautiful women taking up with older, not so attractive men who are financially successful? The trophy wife syndrome?

What I am trying to say is, when I first met my husband, we were not instantly attracted to one another physically--either of us. Yet, as we got to know each other, that aspect of the relationship began to develop until the attraction was extremely strong. Had we gone only by looks to select one another from an online dating site, we would never have met. I know you didn't suggest to go ONLY by looks, but people glance at photos here and often just breeze by people without a second thought if they don't look one certain way. I generally prefer guys with dark hair and eyes, a little on the quirky side, not big on facial hair, etc. But I have spoken to lots of guys that look nothing like that, and enjoyed it.
Jul 12th 2013 new
Some of my best relationships were with guys who were "chubby". It wasn't something I was looking for but it turned out that way. When you find real love, you don't see fat/thin - ugly/handsome. You see their heart with yours and it's wonderful! Besides they were very cuddly and great huggers!
Jul 12th 2013 new
Some of my best relationships were with guys who were "chubby". It wasn't something I was looking for but it turned out that way. When you find real love, you don't see fat/thin - ugly/handsome. You see their heart with yours and it's wonderful! Besides they were very cuddly and great huggers!
Jul 12th 2013 new

You posted the same feelings twice,,,,does that mean you are extra psyched about finding a Sweetheart..???
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: Some of my best relationships were with guys who were "chubby". It wasn't something I was looking for but it turned out that way. When you find real love, you don't see fat/thin - ugly/handsome. You see their heart with yours and it's wonderful! Besides they were very cuddly and great huggers!
I had a date from a man from this site who considered himself obsese. we met at Fridays for dinner one evening then all through the dinner he kept talking about his weight issues. When I left, I felt like he had emotional issues that stemmed from his weight. I reassured him that weight wasn't an issue with me. He invited me to his singles group at his parish but I was never able to make it. I'd see him online here where we'd talk by email but I never saw him in person again. I really liked him, thought he was a very nice and polite man.
I had another date from a man on this site after that. He was a big guy which didn't bother me in the least. Both of my brothers are big men so that's probably the reason I feel this way. we dated for almost a year.
now you've got me thinking about the big men I've dated. On other sites I've met men who also were big guys. Everyone must feel comfortable in their own bodies to feel good about themselves. that's the way I look at it.

when I was married, long ago, I was 19 and thin. I loved to make pecan pies. My husband was also thin and decided one day that he wasn't going to let me eat any of the pie I had made. whoa, I didn't like that. He was so mean. you know what I did? threw the entire thing in the garbage. was I mean, heck no. he turned around and made another one right then and there and then told me to enjoy my piece of pie. LOL
He wanted me to stay thin and not gain an ounce. I was always thin throughout my marriage. At age 45 was when my body started changing...as all the women out there know what I'm referring to. ugh! good thing we have Dr. Oz to keep us on track!!
Jul 12th 2013 new

Chubby or Thin,,,,,,loneliness and being alone affects us all sometimes...
Jul 12th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Chubby or Thin,,,,,,loneliness and being alone affects us all sometimes...
isn't that the truth
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: She can be a chubby as she likes, but I need to be able to lead her through this:

http://www.catholicmatch.com/galleries/albums/1508615.jpg?c=2013-06-1716:51:51

Matt:

What is that picture about? Are you in some kind of a show?
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Matt:

What is that picture about? Are you in some kind of a show?

Matt is the nephew of Fred Astaire,,the icon dancer and actor..Matt owns his own dance studio and has performed on Braodway for year..Women.. get familar with Matt and learn to know him...

how did I do Matt...Did I earn that $50 dollars you paid me...???.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Matt is the nephew of Fred Astaire,,the icon dancer and actor..Matt owns his own dance studio and has performed on Braodway for year..Women.. get familar with Matt and learn to know him...

how did I do Matt...Did I earn that $50 dollars you paid me...???.
Why is it that I just don't quite believe that?
Posts 21 - 30 of 94