Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 13th 2013 new
Moire,

Having looked at your profile, I agree. It's a great profile and I don't think you come across as ashamed about who you are and you're not hiding who you are. Go with Curvy! wink cool
Jul 13th 2013 new

Hey I'm biased, as I'm not a skinny girl :D. It's neither here nor there for me. I don't mind it.

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias once said

" There's Big....
Healthy ....
Husky ....
Fluffy and ....
Daaaaaa-yyyym"

laughing (sorry can I even "say" that? ) duck
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Here's something to consider: That you feel the need to explain the situation as you have here seems to be an indication your conscience may be bothering you about this rationalization. While it may not seem to be a serious situation ("it seems to be the accepted practice", "they can easily tell from my photos", ...), each time we ignore our conscience we become a little more deadened to it, making it more difficult to discern the next time.

The right thing is often not the easiest thing to do and it may seem to be an impediment to getting what we want; however, remember that the end never justifies the means.

My conscience's actually not bothering me at all. I think I was really just trying to give other women a tip and a confidence boost, and providing a reason why they shouldn't be afraid to present their best selves online. As I said before, I don't think I'm being disingenuous at all because I am, in fact, curvy. I rock it, and I have absolutely no shame about it. So my attitude is that if a guy has a problem with it, it's emphatically his problem and not mine. He doesn't deserve me and probably wouldn't have what it takes for the job, anyway.

I am very much aware that the ends don't justify the means, and I don't really think it's fair to extrapolate that I'm somehow "deadening" my conscience simply because I choose to present my best self on my dating profile. That's what we all do. No one (to my knowledge) is publicly broadcasting their worst traits or putting themselves down in order to attract a mate, because that's not how it's done, either online or offline. And again, I'm not ashamed of how I look, although society (and many men) would think I should be. So, I guess what I'm trying to understand is, how do you feel I'm being dishonest by putting "curvy" instead of "full-figured"? Should I be including a disclaimer, like "Hey guys, just a warning, I'm a fat chick and I have no intention of losing weight to make you happy"?

My attitude is that if they can't be bothered to look at my pictures or read my profile, odds are good they're not going to get anywhere with me, anyway. biggrin
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Moire,

Having looked at your profile, I agree. It's a great profile and I don't think you come across as ashamed about who you are and you're not hiding who you are. Go with Curvy!
Thanks, Matt! You are awesome and your comment made my day! hug
Jul 13th 2013 new
Whatever sails your boat. To each his own. Why are some people so judgmental? Are we Catholics or are we Hollywood critics? Time will tell.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Moire-630682 said: Thanks, Matt! You are awesome and your comment made my day!
I agree with Matt. Go with curvy.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Reena-961146 said:
Hey I'm biased, as I'm not a skinny girl :D. It's neither here nor there for me. I don't mind it.

Comedian Gabriel Iglesias once said

" There's Big....
Healthy ....
Husky ....
Fluffy and ....
Daaaaaa-yyyym"

(sorry can I even "say" that? )
Reena..............this is one more after the last one. He just make a loud roaring noise. ROOOOOOOOAR!!! hahahaha. He's pretty funny.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Weight, race, height (or lack thereof), are neither turn-on or offs. A Catholic man who will lead his family in the rosary daily is a turn-on, a man who appreciates God's animals (at least those i've collected) is a turn on, a man who isn't adverse to hunting and sometimes even smells like gun powder is a turn on, a man doesn't miss out on having no television in the living room is a turn on, a man who is easy-going and can go with the flow . . .etc . . .

A short stocky guy might seem appropriate due to the fact that we'd fit in stride for morning walks but i do have a Newfoundland for that reason anyway.

Jul 14th 2013 new
I think people have lost focus here........What happened to healthy? No it's not healthy to starve yourself or be neurotic but it's also not healthy to be dishonest and placate yourself w/ such beliefs as "its' what's inside that matters" and blame all on the media. Take a look at the BMI calculator. YES, it is possible to be 20 lbs 'overwieght' dress well and satill look pretty good. Is it healthy? NO. Long term effects of carrying excess weight are not good physically, mentally, emotionally. Lets be honest w/ ourselves and YES! I want someone who wants to be healthy and fit and expects and supports the same of me.
Jul 14th 2013 new
I am a healthy, curvy, full figured woman who has the energy to take kids to the pool, swim, dance, and volunteer. For years I was uncomfortable in a bathing suit in public. Then a couple years ago I was teaching out of town, spending 2 nights a week at a hotel. No one else used the pool or hot tub. It was lovely on those winter nights to put my suit on and go to the hot tub after clinical teaching all day. Somehow, during that time I realized that size 22 was okay! Now that I am in Texas, and the weather is hot, I go to the pool daily and see all body shapes and sizes.
Posts 41 - 50 of 94