Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Aug 17th 2013 new
The question was "should a CHRISTIAN woman wear a bikini?" All of the countries that were sited as having beaches in which women walked around nude or partially nude are also countries with a very low population of CHRISTIANS. We are CHRISTIANS; please dress MODESTLY, at all times. Why is this even a question on a CHRISTIAN forum? It is very clear in scripture that (as Steven pointed out earlier) immodest attire is SINFUL.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: Bernard, you are "the man", again!! How many likes can I give this post.
The Internet can be used as a good tool!
Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: and that would be exactly what you said it was--a guess. Comparing Africa to America is like comparing apples and oranges. I never recall hearing that the saints or The Blessed Mother ever walked around nude. Nor Jesus.
apples and oranges?? Africans aren't equal to whites??
Aug 19th 2013 new
problem with those that are saying NO to the bikini....is where do you draw the line?
Wearing a little house on the prairie dress is definitely more modest for a girl/lady that a knee length dress. supposedly(according to many people here) the little house on the prairie outfit will limit the lustful response of the boys.
SO--are you willing to tell your daughter she has to wear the full length garb to school??,to the beach??? to the dance?
--I didn't think so.-Unless you want to create a little rebel who will go way overboard the other way.
..So examine this Victorian attitude a bit before espousing it so strongly.
There is no exact answer to what is modest and immodest if you cut out the extremes. A bikini at the beach is not some horrible outrage that is gonna turn on the teen boys and young men anymore than they already are naturally at the site of a girl.
What about a swim meet??You want the girls racing in a heavy/non-revealing wetsuit?. People do go to swim meets.
Yes modesty in dress to a certain extent is a good thing.--But what is infinitely more important is modesty and purity in ones thoughts.-And that is more a function of ones prayerfulness and self discipline than it is of supposed outward temptations.
Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: problem with those that are saying NO to the bikini....is where do you draw the line?
Wearing a little house on the prairie dress is definitely more modest for a girl/lady that a knee length dress. supposedly(according to many people here) the little house on the prairie outfit will limit the lustful response of the boys.
SO--are you willing to tell your daughter she has to wear the full length garb to school??,to the beach??? to the dance?
--I didn't think so.-Unless you want to create a little rebel who will go way overboard the other way.
..So examine this Victorian attitude a bit before espousing it so strongly.
There is no exact answer to what is modest and immodest if you cut out the extremes. A bikini at the beach is not some horrible outrage that is gonna turn on the teen boys and young men anymore than they already are naturally at the site of a girl.
What about a swim meet??You want the girls racing in a heavy/non-revealing wetsuit?. People do go to swim meets.
Yes modesty in dress to a certain extent is a good thing.--But what is infinitely more important is modesty and purity in ones thoughts.-And that is more a function of ones prayerfulness and self discipline than it is of supposed outward temptations.
The fact I can't precisely specify the boundary between modest and immodest dress no more precludes me from observing that a bikini is immodest than the fact that I can't tell you the square root of 2 to 10 decimal places (without looking it up) precludes me from declaring with certainty that it is not 10.

Aug 19th 2013 new
Monica you crack me up...... Well some women cant wear a one piece and I am one of them.. My mom tried to let me use my sisters hand me downs when I was 4 and it just did not work... My mom liked one pieces but I was the girl since I was a Baby to always have a two piece swim suit.

Men were made to be attractive to women by God. If they would not have been made to be so attracted, The human race would be extinct in my opinion. I actually Love the way men are made. However once a man is committedto some one he should guard his eyes . So he is not tempted to sin. GBU all
Aug 19th 2013 new
Thanks for sharing.I didn't know the history of it.It's good to know what was happening in the brain of males.It explains a lot.
Bikinis are not my choice of swimwear.
Aug 19th 2013 new
Amen, brother.
Aug 19th 2013 new
Ever ready to twist a word here and there into a distortion? I was referring to culture when i wrote "apples and oranges." Elevate your thinking. Discuss the point, don't take low pot shots. I wore a bikini once when I was young and impressionable and "full of fashion sense". Took a dive and fell out of it. Ooooops.....taught me a lesson.
Aug 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: The fact I can't precisely specify the boundary between modest and immodest dress no more precludes me from observing that a bikini is immodest than the fact that I can't tell you the square root of 2 to 10 decimal places (without looking it up) precludes me from declaring with certainty that it is not 10.

there are bikinis and there are bikinis. again it becomes a matter of degree.there is a huge difference betw a postage stamp w dental floss and a 2 piece bathing suit that covers a lot and is still defined as a bikini. There is a boundary there as well.
-but I do see your point.
Posts 141 - 150 of 164