Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jul 17th 2013 new
But having said that, I don't think I will ever have that problem, at my age...
Jul 17th 2013 new
Lastly, before I get called a hypocrite, because I said earlier that I would not try to tell my prospective souse how to dress, UNLESS ASKED, she would already have good judgment not to strip to a bikini in public.
Jul 17th 2013 new
Why not?
Jul 17th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: Why not?
Because she would BEST serve Christ's word by honoring her husband's desire that she not do so; let's just refer to it as freely gifted obedience.
Jul 17th 2013 new
prospective husband's too :)
Jul 17th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Because she would BEST serve Christ's word by honoring her husband's desire that she not do so; let's just refer to it as freely gifted obedience.
Why would any husband ORDER his wife not to wear a bikini?

Are we savage Bedouins in the Arabian desert or wild-eyed Pashtuns in the remote highlands of Afghanistan - or are we civilized human beings??
Jul 17th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: Why would any husband ORDER his wife not to wear a bikini?

Are we savage Bedouins in the Arabian desert or wild-eyed Pashtuns in the remote highlands of Afghanistan - or are we civilized human beings??
I think you misconstrue what I said David, but if you prefer the word "order" then think of it as an "order" that is properly formed to best serve God's desire by both the prospective or actual husband and wife.
Jul 17th 2013 new
by honoring it thus, she would then FREELY give her consent. I think if you observe the way Mary, the mother of our Savior behaved, I think then you would get what I am talking about.
Jul 17th 2013 new
(quote) David-364112 said: Why would any husband ORDER his wife not to wear a bikini?

Well, NOT wearing a bikini could be looked at the same way as wearing one--if he doesn't like it and if a woman is to please her husband. I think that "freely gifted" is what's important in what he said. The husband states what he wishes, and the wife chooses to do it out of respect and love for him.
Jul 17th 2013 new
Bingo, Mary! O, dear Lord, I just said bingo! I must have turned into a senior citizen without realizing it. Bingo is exhilarating!!! :lol;
Posts 81 - 90 of 164