Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Wait a minute. WHAT?

What on earth does Pope Francis have to do with this thread? Where did HE come from?

What did the "ultra conservatives" do to get thrown under the bus here, Michael?

What are you talking about?

Exactly William! I was like whaaatt? You took the words out of my mouth. I was sitting here w/ my "one" rootbeer & rum (for my back pain) & wondering if it was affecting what I was reading or understanding. Like huh?? scratchchin eyebrow ....I don't know, maybe Michael forgot to read thru the entire posts. We'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now I guess. :-)

Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Please don't get me going on annulment and Vatican Two . its time for change and Pope Francis is leading the way. however lot of other issues come into play .One should make sure of all life decisions . PS to all you ultra Conservatives what goes around comes around . Thank you Pope John 23 for your continue intersession .
Gee, how nice.
Jul 13th 2013 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: I agree with Monica. Basically, if we ladies want men to initiate things, to be men of action, we must fascilitate that. This means at times WAITING (hey, we ask them to do that so it is only fair that we do some of it.), being a responder, and maintaining balance emotionally.

Amanda mentioned guarding her heart. I've learned quite a bit about this over the years. There are some rules I follow for myself that just apply to getting to know men online.
1. It's not a relationship until we meet, and even then it might not happen......

wave Hi Dawn! Good to see you again& hope your wrist or hand is feeling better. Another CM member had a prayer request for you about a few weeks or so (?). Thanks for summing up some of the best pieces of advice we usually have shared over the years here on CM. One thing to add is that w/ this virtual of the internet communication & texting, it can add to the "fantasy" of a relationship, instead of the reality of a real "live" face-to-face relationship. Meeting someone can be exciting & scary, but it's gotta happen in God's timing.
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Please don't get me going on annulment and Vatican Two . its time for change and Pope Francis is leading the way. however lot of other issues come into play .One should make sure of all life decisions . PS to all you ultra Conservatives what goes around comes around . Thank you Pope John 23 for your continue intersession .
scratchchin eyebrow wide eyed eyepopping boggled irked
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-915458 said:

Hi Amanda,

I think this is a problem with both girls and guys on CM: Once they have to meet or get serious about a relationship, thats when it ends. This may not be true for other age groups - but I have observed it with mine (and yours, since we are the same.) I think these people are just looking for a "pen-pal" - but they dont want to get serious.

I have had the confidence of a few girls - who asked me advice about their relationship with other guys. From this I could see how the relationship progresses. Once it comes for the time to meet, or just after the first meeting is over, thats when the relationship ends. The same is true of my relationships with other girls. I force a girl to meet me as soon as possible - otherwise I dont continue the correspondence. This is because I need to weed out the ones who are not serious.

Hey Dave, thanks for letting the "cat out of the bag" about it being both the girls and the guys who only want pen pals on this site. I've experienced that w/ a couple of guys on this site, too, especially when I was new here (which was when the 1st one contacted me). I feel it may have wasted a lot of my time (or energy, too) w/ the correspondence as I'd rather put my time toward someone like-minded in pursuing a more serious relationship at that time. I think all members just need to be more honest as to what they want when they're on here...easier said than done, I guess! :-)

Jul 14th 2013 new
Hi Amanda. Many of us here on CM have had that happen to us. Good for you that you took the initiative to meet this guy. I talked, skyped, texted, emailed a guy for three months! And when it came time to meet me, he backed out. I have no idea why and to this day he won't speak to me. I don't know what I did wrong.

It took me a few months to get over him and now I'm back on CM to try again.

At least you met. biggrin It sucks that you spent time on a bus. I had a plane ticket that I had to cancel. Never again will I be the first one to go meet. You deserve a guy that will fly to you angel
Jul 14th 2013 new
Good to see Dawn back!
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Wait a minute. WHAT?

What on earth does Pope Francis have to do with this thread? Where did HE come from?

What did the "ultra conservatives" do to get thrown under the bus here, Michael?

What are you talking about?

Divorce and annulments that issue is also being discussed here .
Jul 14th 2013 new
There are so many issues that come into play into dating and relationships . but the main issue is going with your heart . Love can hurt .
Jul 14th 2013 new
Yes,

I am happy to say after going to Mass last night and lighting a candle..a and coming here of course. I feel much much better. I now know where I went wrong. One thing I should know is that in the beginning is trust the 'red flags' and in the beginning it should still feel awesome to get to know someone and yes not all this work and pain!

North Carolina is beautiful though.

One thing that did bother me is I was more than willing to have moved to live in NC and he never wanted to move to WI. There was no give or take... I was doing all the work it seems. Honestly, I am willing to move, but I am hesitant since I have all my family around by me. Sure I have to drive a hour and a half to get there but we are still close.

Also, I felt his Catholic Match profile was not accurate. Since he said stuff like... willing to relocate. I can face facts He just was not that into me.
Posts 21 - 30 of 65