Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 14 new
I believe that you should not open up your heart to a divorced man until he has an annulment. He's not free to marry and that is what you want so don't shoot for less. I am sorry for your pain, but I know God protected you.

Try not to jump too quickly to the thought of "he's the one" or even consider that until God shows you that he is the one. My father always shared with his four daughters, don't listen to a man, watch him and see if his words match up to his actions. If he is a man of integrity and faith, he will want to put God first and you next and not for a short while but as a loving commitment. Aim for the man who will also be a great father, too.

Also, I don't correspond with someone for very long without expecting the two of us to meet. A lot can change when you meet someone face to face and spend time with them. Try not to be so hard on yourself--it's his loss. If he doesn't feel that way, then he's not the one for you.

The discernment of God will help you. In the meanwhile, love yourself the way God does and you'll see that you would not be happy with someone who isn't passionate about you, not lustful, but someone who would never think of intentionally hurting you because he loves you so. St. Joseph, Husband of Mary, pray for my friend here and St. Ann, Patroness of Marriages, pick out a great husband for her. Amen. When you find true love, you will see how easily this man is wiped from your memory. I'll keep you in prayer.

Jeannie

Jul 14 new
(quote) Amanda-692129 said:
 I can face facts He just was not that into me.
I think there was a thread started on this several months ago--in the Women's Room, if I remember correctly.
Jul 14 new
I am divorce do have annulment plus have heard many stories from both men and woman here .Plus i have my opinions concerning this issue . As far this guy sometimes slower is better then faster . Everyone here expresses a lot of wants need sometimes straying from good possibilities . The main thing I see and read that strengthens relationships and romance is that couples bring God into there hearts .
Jul 14 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said: Hi Dawn! Good to see you again& hope your wrist or hand is feeling better. Another CM member had a prayer request for you about a few weeks or so (?). Thanks for summing up some of the best pieces of advice we usually have shared over the years here on CM. One thing to add is that w/ this virtual of the internet communication & texting, it can add to the "fantasy" of a relationship, instead of the reality of a real "live" face-to-face relationship. Meeting someone can be exciting & scary, but it's gotta happen in God's timing.
Hi Anne! Thank you for the kind welcome back (though I've not really been away-- just a lot of lurking. It's been hard to type and I haven't had much to say.). My wrist is healing. I appreciate all the prayers, especially from CM prayer warriors.

You are absolutely right about the "fantasy" trap. It is easy to let our imaginations create something that does not exist.
Jul 14 new
hug Thanks, Monica! Have been lurking for awhile. I don't post a whole lot anymore. Every once in awhile I find something to say. Mostly I feel like I'm repeating myself. LOL
Jul 14 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: Hi Anne! Thank you for the kind welcome back (though I've not really been away-- just a lot of lurking. It's been hard to type and I haven't had much to say.). My wrist is healing. I appreciate all the prayers, especially from CM prayer warriors.

You are absolutely right about the "fantasy" trap. It is easy to let our imaginations create something that does not exist.
wave sorry Hi Dawn & sorry you're still healing & can't type as much. Amen to your previous comment. I know what you need is if you can use the software for "voice to text" & a program like Microsoft Office's can type up all your messages for you! (I learned about this in one of classes this summer).
...in regards to your other post to Monica, don't worry abt. seeming like your "repeating yourself"! I'm sure there's so many newcomers here who need to hear the truth & haven't heard some of what you have to share. So, try that voice to text & post when you can "here & there". I'll pray @ mass tonite for your continued healing & recovery of your wrist. Bless you!
Jul 14 new
Amanda, I just want to add my condolences and spirit support. I'm so sorry you had this experience... I haven't managed to read ALL of the thread yet, so forgive me if I'm off-base... Seems to me your heart was/is in the right place. What I note is that this fellow needs to remember that Jesus is standing, perhaps sadly, at his side, and that he should contact you to let you know where his head is at. Either he has realized he's not ready, needs time to process, whatever - the right thing would be for him to just let you know so that you can breathe freely again. Realize too that Our Lord is with you, HIs arm around you; just say His Name softly, and you will feel Him there.

hug Blessings and Peace be upon you. Praying
Jul 14 new
When i married my late wife, she was not catholic and at that time I was not too concerned about since I already had and annulment, My sister ( the nun) stepped in and said the Linda needed an annulment also. I was shock because I believed the annulment was ment for catholics only. WRONG! Anyway to make along story short, I was told by my parish priest, that held the record for annulment process . 4 days! GOD does work in mysteries ways.
Jul 14 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: When i married my late wife, she was not catholic and at that time I was not too concerned about since I already had and annulment, My sister ( the nun) stepped in and said the Linda needed an annulment also. I was shock because I believed the annulment was ment for catholics only. WRONG! Anyway to make along story short, I was told by my parish priest, that held the record for annulment process . 4 days! GOD does work in mysteries ways.
4 Days! Who? Where? smile
Jul 14 new
My late wife's annulment.
Posts 41 - 50 of 65