Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 7th 2013 new
So the question begs to be asked, is it truly about the children, is it about relocation? I'm not saying some men (or woman) might have an issue with children from previous relationships. But could it not be also the inability to relocate? I know for myself relocation is possible but only within a certain range. My work is rather specialized at this point, and there is the matter of the children.

Just asking
Oct 7th 2013 new
That's part of it...but not the whole problem. I had views, and no message, from men even in my own (SMALL) town. No dice. I don't think I'm THAT ugly... wink
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rebecca-443773 said: Deb, I feel like you're singing my song! I have three really amazing kids. I'm stable, professional, and have figured out all of the myriad logistics of single parenting. They see their father every other weekend, but it is visitation only...I have full custody. I too get many views, but I feel that between the fact that I can't relocate, have been married (though annulled immediately after the divorce) and have children, everyone passes by.

It only takes one, right? Here's to our fabulous kids, and their moms, finding the right fit.
ditto here.................................
a few minor details about visitation which isn't happening here.....
.........my kids are old enough to do their own visiting.........but a similar experience
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rebecca-443773 said: That's part of it...but not the whole problem. I had views, and no message, from men even in my own (SMALL) town. No dice. I don't think I'm THAT ugly...
Young yes. Ugly? Nope
Oct 7th 2013 new
I get views as well, but "no dice". It can't be my age or outward appearance because they know those two things before they view me. IF they use the "accepts all church teachings" option, they also know that. What they DON'T know about me before viewing are "the kids". So I reasoned that what is scaring men away is multiple kids. HOWEVER, I could be scaring them with my "seeking requirements". I would rather be single than to settle; just saying.
Oct 7th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I get views as well, but "no dice". It can't be my age or outward appearance because they know those two things before they view me. IF they use the "accepts all church teachings" option, they also know that. What they DON'T know about me before viewing are "the kids". So I reasoned that what is scaring men away is multiple kids. HOWEVER, I could be scaring them with my "seeking requirements". I would rather be single than to settle; just saying.
Ok, I have reviewed your profile. Now this is just my take on things. Other men I can not speak for.

Your children are beautiful adults. Key word adults. So I see that as a non issue. Your desire to remain where you are is the only negative of your entire profile to me.

In my case I prefer the TLM but that's a different story.
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Ok, I have reviewed your profile. Now this is just my take on things. Other men I can not speak for.

Your children are beautiful adults. Key word adults. So I see that as a non issue. Your desire to remain where you are is the only negative of your entire profile to me.

Tim, you are right, they are adults, however they are all in college, which means there isn't as much $$$$ to go around. They all have part time jobs that pay minimum wage and are trying very hard to make it on their own but with our least favorite President in power there are NO jobs that pay enough for them to work fulltime and go to school fulltime. They would be better off financially, uneducated, unemployed and on government assistance. Unfortunately their six figure income father does not feel it necessary to send them so much as a $1.00 for their birthday, despite the fact that his military enlisted father financially supported him through a masters degree (I supported him towards his PhD). On a teacher's salary, in the lowest paid teacher state in the nation, I cannot possibly financially assist them so they are loaded down in student loan debt, and have all moved back in with me (as of this week).

So despite the fact that they are "adults", men see them as financial money drains, plain and simple. And at this point in my life the only place I would consider relocating to is my birthplace. I have relocated MANY times for my former husband's job and feel that at this point in my life I need some stability.
Oct 8th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Ok, I have reviewed your profile. Now this is just my take on things. Other men I can not speak for.

Tim, you are right, they are adults, however they are all in college, which means there isn't as much $$$$ to go around. They all have part time jobs that pay minimum wage and are trying very hard to make it on their own but with our least favorite President in power there are NO jobs that pay enough for them to work fulltime and go to school fulltime. They would be better off financially, uneducated, unemployed and on government assistance. Unfortunately their six figure income father does not feel it necessary to send them so much as a $1.00 for their birthday, despite the fact that his military enlisted father financially supported him through a masters degree (I supported him towards his PhD). On a teacher's salary, in the lowest paid teacher state in the nation, I cannot possibly financially assist them so they are loaded down in student loan debt, and have all moved back in with me (as of this week).

So despite the fact that they are "adults", men see them as financial money drains, plain and simple. And at this point in my life the only place I would consider relocating to is my birthplace. I have relocated MANY times for my former husband's job and feel that at this point in my life I need some stability.
Oct 8th 2013 new
Ok. Point taken. But I myself wouldn't see that as an impediment. That's just me. My parents could help me very little and right now other than discounts, I can't help mine as much as I would like. The ex and her fake husband make 10 times what I do and refuse to help them so I do understand. Moneys not to hoard but to help.
Oct 8th 2013 new
And lock? This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200