Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jul 15th 2013 new
Hi! I have 6 kids ages 25, 23, 20 in August, 17, 11 in August, and 8. That may scare men off, even though my kids are smart, beautiful/handsome, well-behaved, and 2 are on their own and 1 is in college,pre-med, and all are well-adjusted,awesome kids/young men/women. I'm in the midst of the annulment process so I prefer to think that cuts down on the interest. More kids from a man's previous marriage doesn't scare me -- it thrills me!
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
As a mother of four-11,14,16 and 18 years of age I've had men fast track through my profile,but that's O.K.
I know the right one will come along eventually .
scratchchin I do wish men would give themselves more credit though,and believe in their parenting,protection and guiding
skills.So often I think"Wow!If unorganized,fly -by-the-seat-of-your-pants me can do it,well,practically anyone can!"
Most of the groundwork has been done,and there is a lot of fun to be had-it is nice to act the clown and be yourself with children.I have learned with teenagers that to be frank and sincere is very much appreciated .
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Before reacting read my profile...
I just read your profile John. I couldn't send a message or emote but want to say that your family is beautiful!
Pam
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Pam-940031 said: I just read your profile John. I couldn't send a message or emote but want to say that your family is beautiful!
Pam
Thank you Pam. You are most kind. God bless you. And thanks for reading my profile. To my recollection, I have not read your profile, so if you have children, than God's blessings to them as well.
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said:  I'm in the midst of the annulment process so I prefer to think that cuts down on the interest.
Rachel,

You should be content throughout the annulment process, if it cuts out ALL interest here.

Discernment is critical.

Unless you receive annulment, your mindset should be "I am presumed married in the eyes of the Church". Behavior of both men and women must be commensurate to this.

Just keep your focus on taking care of yours as best you can, as I presume you are, and finish your discernment process.
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
That's much better John.
The intention of your previous message was unclear to me, perhaps I misunderstood. If I did, please accept my apology.
I have the highest regards for Deb, I raised three kids on my own.
I just don't understand why someone her age didn't propose to her yet, that's a big puzzle to me, I guess this is also what you meant.

LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said:
Men in general are "hunters/gatherers" and are not really interested in helping support someone else's brood.
Perhaps you mean to say men are more like "hunters" whereas the women tend to be more like "gatherers", but the front part of the statement notwithstanding, it would serve you better if you dropped the last part of your statement.
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Rachel,

You should be content throughout the annulment process, if it cuts out ALL interest here.

Discernment is critical.

Unless you receive annulment, your mindset should be "I am presumed married in the eyes of the Church". Behavior of both men and women must be commensurate to this.

Just keep your focus on taking care of yours as best you can, as I presume you are, and finish your discernment process.
I'm not against some friendships or interest that could change after the annulment comes through -- I know it's not guaranteed, but the tribunal folks said due to all evidence it should be quick and easy, so I'm easing my 'one-man-only, for-life' thoughts which kept me from even really talking to any man (other than my husband) without his wife participating in the conversation too (so as to keep all contact with men above reproach) to learning how to be friendly and open again.
I'm not hurrying into anything -- the 'dating' I've done is really just meeting to talk and be friends -- I'm following the rules in not getting ahead of any decision. It's lonely -- but if the tribunal determines no grounds for annulment, I'll live alone rather than go back to that abuse, although, for my children's sake, I do pray for my ex to escape his perverted addictions.
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: That's much better John.
The intention of your previous message was unclear to me, perhaps I misunderstood. If I did, please accept my apology.
I have the highest regards for Deb, I raised three kids on my own.
I just don't understand why someone her age didn't propose to her yet, that's a big puzzle to me, I guess this is also what you meant.

No sweat Bohdan,

BTW, welcome to the Forums. I see you just logged your 10th comment. Your instincts I actually admire, generally speaking. Just hold back to check when possible before charging wave

If I may ask, what is the origin of your name?

To me it seems of Slavic origin... 'Boh' or "Bog" implies "of God" and 'dan' inplies "day"... so it makes me think the meaning may be "God's day". Quite noble! Perhaps your ancestors, centuries ago, faught off the Turkish invasions along side of mine?
LOCKED
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm not against some friendships or interest that could change after the annulment comes through -- I know it's not guaranteed, but the tribunal folks said due to all evidence it should be quick and easy, so I'm easing my 'one-man-only, for-life' thoughts which kept me from even really talking to any man (other than my husband) without his wife participating in the conversation too (so as to keep all contact with men above reproach) to learning how to be friendly and open again.
I'm not hurrying into anything -- the 'dating' I've done is really just meeting to talk and be friends -- I'm following the rules in not getting ahead of any decision. It's lonely -- but if the tribunal determines no grounds for annulment, I'll live alone rather than go back to that abuse, although, for my children's sake, I do pray for my ex to escape his perverted addictions.
Got it. Thanks!
LOCKED
Posts 31 - 40 of 200