(quote) Deb-926847 said: Hi All!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was not offended by anything said:)
A few of my random thoughts:
-When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons(personality disorder, abuse, substance abuse, serious infidelity). While I( and apparently many of us) have sole custody of my kids, I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile.
-I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes? And being a step parent to 6 could be really intimidating...But I bet it would feel less intimidating if someone actually spent time with my family. That is a difficulty of online dating. As folks browse through this catalog of people, it is hard to try on the reality.
-Kids are expensive...Maybe people are experiencing sticker shock? Can't think of a better investment! And I am providing for their needs on my own:) But I get it.
-More people need to watch Yours, Mine and Ours
1) When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons- true
2) I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. - what baggage, they are blessing,
3) I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile. - yes I can see it in your profile.
4) I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes - There is a thing called natural law. It defines the things absolute, unquestionable, laws established by God. Being a parent (or step parent) is the privilege given by God to be cherished. It is is not a subject to difference of perception by gender or any other human made criteria. It simply is unquestionable blessing.
4) it is hard to try on the reality - it`s not difficult to imagine the reality, it`s easy to chicken out once you do
5) Can't think of a better investment - true, I have four grown-up kids, and they make my life worth living, they are the best return on investment,. they are the most beautiful and rewarding thing that happened to me. I did it alone for fifteen years and never regretted it, never allowed anyone call my kids baggage. Baggage in my life was the woman who could not understand the fact that my kids came first. I disposed of such baggage.