Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jul 15th 2013 new
Hi All!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was not offended by anything said:)

A few of my random thoughts:
-When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons(personality disorder, abuse, substance abuse, serious infidelity). While I( and apparently many of us) have sole custody of my kids, I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile.
-I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes? And being a step parent to 6 could be really intimidating...But I bet it would feel less intimidating if someone actually spent time with my family. That is a difficulty of online dating. As folks browse through this catalog of people, it is hard to try on the reality.
-Kids are expensive...Maybe people are experiencing sticker shock? Can't think of a better investment! And I am providing for their needs on my own:) But I get it.
-More people need to watch Yours, Mine and Ours laughing
Thanks again.
Peace,
Debbie
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Deb-926847 said: Kids are expensive...Can't think of a better investment!
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: No sweat Bohdan,

BTW, welcome to the Forums. I see you just logged your 10th comment. Your instincts I actually admire, generally speaking. Just hold back to check when possible before charging

If I may ask, what is the origin of your name?

To me it seems of Slavic origin... 'Boh' or "Bog" implies "of God" and 'dan' inplies "day"... so it makes me think the meaning may be "God's day". Quite noble! Perhaps your ancestors, centuries ago, faught off the Turkish invasions along side of mine?
Thank you John;
You are right, my ancestors defended the Europe from the invasion of Ottoman empire. In the battle of Vienna Pollish King and his army defeated Muslim Turks and saved the Europe from Islamic enslavement.

In Polish my name means God Given. It was my dad`s choice, the greatest man I ever knew.

There is no reason for charging, Don`t hold your breath awaiting my mistakes. You can be assured I will make many. I`m not to be defeated but accepted and respected.

God bless you John

Jul 15th 2013 new
As an adoptive father of three and a foster father of something pushing two hundred I am not sure I agree with your assessment.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-982512 said: As an adoptive father of three and a foster father of something pushing two hundred I am not sure I agree with your assessment.
And I REALLY HATE that reply and quote is not the default. This is for the lady who thinks that men are not interested in someone else's brood. May be a common approach but it is not as universal as some may think.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: Thank you John;
You are right, my ancestors defended the Europe from the invasion of Ottoman empire. In the battle of Vienna Pollish King and his army defeated Muslim Turks and saved the Europe from Islamic enslavement.

In Polish my name means God Given. It was my dad`s choice, the greatest man I ever knew.

There is no reason for charging, Don`t hold your breath awaiting my mistakes. You can be assured I will make many. I`m not to be defeated but accepted and respected.

God bless you John

Victory goes to God!

Yes, the Croats were there defending the flanks!!!

And with you, your father was on the mark... a name most noble, Bohdan.

May He always guide us in His service.

Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Ha! All the guys that are posting are in their fifties. Where are the guys in their early 40's?
I'll putmy evil hat on and say that they're trolling late 20-somethings. mischievous
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-982512 said: I'll putmy evil hat on and say that they're trolling late 20-somethings.
O, God only knows, and judgment day all of us will too.

But in the meantime, we can direct our thoughts to matters more pressing. Just throw the evil hat away...
Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) Deb-926847 said: Hi All!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I was not offended by anything said:)

A few of my random thoughts:
-When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons(personality disorder, abuse, substance abuse, serious infidelity). While I( and apparently many of us) have sole custody of my kids, I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile.
-I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes? And being a step parent to 6 could be really intimidating...But I bet it would feel less intimidating if someone actually spent time with my family. That is a difficulty of online dating. As folks browse through this catalog of people, it is hard to try on the reality.
-Kids are expensive...Maybe people are experiencing sticker shock? Can't think of a better investment! And I am providing for their needs on my own:) But I get it.
-More people need to watch Yours, Mine and Ours
Thanks again.
Peace,
Debbie
1) When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons- true
2) I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. - what baggage, they are blessing,
3) I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile. - yes I can see it in your profile.
4) I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes - There is a thing called natural law. It defines the things absolute, unquestionable, laws established by God. Being a parent (or step parent) is the privilege given by God to be cherished. It is is not a subject to difference of perception by gender or any other human made criteria. It simply is unquestionable blessing.
4) it is hard to try on the reality - it`s not difficult to imagine the reality, it`s easy to chicken out once you do
5) Can't think of a better investment - true, I have four grown-up kids, and they make my life worth living, they are the best return on investment,. they are the most beautiful and rewarding thing that happened to me. I did it alone for fifteen years and never regretted it, never allowed anyone call my kids baggage. Baggage in my life was the woman who could not understand the fact that my kids came first. I disposed of such baggage.

Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: Baggage in my life was the woman who could not understand the fact that my kids came first. I disposed of such baggage.

That baggage is the mother of your beautiful adult children, for better or for worse.

I admired a man who was divorced and told me that no matter what he would treat his ex-wife with respect in both word and deed because after all she was the mother of his child. If it wasn't for her he wouldn't have this wonderful child. I thought this was beautiful because it was a hard thing for him to do.
Posts 41 - 50 of 200