(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: 1) When a devout Catholic leaves a marriage, it is typically for significant reasons- true
2) I can see where a new relationship prospect could be nervous about baggage. - what baggage, they are blessing,
3) I get handed lemons and make gallons of lemonade, but you can't know that from a profile. - yes I can see it in your profile.
4) I embrace the idea of being a step parent, but maybe this is a difference between the sexes - There is a thing called natural law. It defines the things absolute, unquestionable, laws established by God. Being a parent (or step parent) is the privilege given by God to be cherished. It is is not a subject to difference of perception by gender or any other human made criteria. It simply is unquestionable blessing.
4) it is hard to try on the reality - it`s not difficult to imagine the reality, it`s easy to chicken out once you do
5) Can't think of a better investment - true, I have four grown-up kids, and they make my life worth living, they are the best return on investment,. they are the most beautiful and rewarding thing that happened to me. I did it alone for fifteen years and never regretted it, never allowed anyone call my kids baggage. Baggage in my life was the woman who could not understand the fact that my kids came first. I disposed of such baggage.
I just wanted to point out the last sentence here that although your marriage ended, I really am disturbed how you are talking about your exwife, mother of your children, as disposed baggage. I guess when someone talks bad about their ex, it usually shows a flaw in character for me. Just FYI and maybe you weren't really thinking of it that way.
In a marriage the order is God, husband and wife and then the children. I can't see it working any other way!
Nothing wrong with a large family and I am proof of that Lucky #13 of 18 and mom and dad raised us all and put us through college and they gave it all up to God and he most definitely provided
Love my large family, but I keep losing track of how many nieces and nephews I have lately, LOL! Makes for some good Holidays!