Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 14th 2013 new
Sunday 9am
Jul 14th 2013 new
The only time I ever go on Saturday evening is if I know I won't be able to go on Sunday morning for some reason, which is almost never. While I understand the liturgical day of sundown to sundown, I still think that Sunday morning is better. Besides, 5 PM in the summer is still well into daylight hours. If they really want to honor the sundown to sundown idea, Saturday evening Mass should not start until about 9:30 PM in the summer where I live. And 4 PM Saturday is ridiculous! Some parishes actually start Mass earlier in the winter deliberately so that people won't have to drive in the dark, which flies in the face of liturgical tradition. Ouch. One interesting parish is St. Malachy's (a/k/a the Actor's Chapel) in Manhattan, New York, which has an 11 PM Mass every Saturday night so that folks can attend after seeing a show. At least it's always dark by 11 PM.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Being a musician - especially a guitarist - I like the 'folk' Mass that's typically 9, 9:30, or 10 hereabouts. I actually hope that one day I'll return to participate as a musician as I did for a while during college. The later Sunday Mass always seems tedious and dreary compared to the earlier, more spriited celebration. I agree about the early Saturday vigils... just doesn't 'feel' right.

One thing I truly miss is the option of a Sunday evening Mass. We have a very old church in North Seattle, that used to offer that. I used to go with my Dad on the few Sundays he would oversleep the earlier Masses.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Sunday

Because saturday is only if you cannot go to the Sunday mass.

Sunday is the preferred day. Saturday is supposed to only be an exception to fulfill sundays obligation if one cannot make the sunday obligation
Jul 14th 2013 new
I go on Sunday morning to mass at 10:30am at my church. I also go to daily mass at 7:30am.

My church used to have 2 masses on Sunday morning one at 8am, "which is now gone" and the other one at 10:30 "which is still there."

I went to the 8am mass for a long time so switching to 10:30am mass once the 8am mass was gone took some schedule adjustments. I started getting physically active again and working out at the gym 5 days a week and when the 8am mass was cut, I only belonged to the YMCA at the time and they open at 10am which conflicts too much with the 10:30 mass, then I found another gym Planet Fitness which opens up at 7am on Sundays and that allowed me to go back to my home church again on Sundays, and I could not be happier about that!! Due to things I have scheduled I am not able to take Sundays off from the gym and get 5 days a week in at the gym. At first I did not want to work out on Sundays, since I never done it before, but now it does not matter anymore since I am use to it. If anything it helps me relax before going to mass
Jul 14th 2013 new
Saturday 6pm mass, I work evenings so it is hard to wake up in the morning
Jul 14th 2013 new
I'm fortunate enough to have a work schedule that allows me to attend our 7:00 am daily Mass.

On Sundays, I am committed to singing at the 9:30 am choir, so that is what I attend, even though I would like to go earlier (first order of business for the day/week!). I schedule my bi-monthly lectoring commitment during the 8:00 am Masses.

Every now and then when my Sunday schedule permits, I would stay to sing for two Masses. On the rare occasion, even all three. Yes, I do love choir. :-) I guess I'm kind of all over the place with my Mass schedules! Lol! The important thing is to go on Sunday as much as you can afford it.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Katie-822269 said: 7 p.m. Sunday here. I find it easier to concentrate in the evening.
That is the thing I miss most about college 8 years later!

I loved going to the 9pm Mass on Sunday night. I find that I have trouble concentrating during Mass when I go in the morning because I have trouble not thinking about my plans for the rest of the day. I do best when the day is done and can just focus on the Mass.
Jul 15th 2013 new
Sunday. Unless I have a running race or go sailing on Sunday........./)..../)..../)../)
stgabrielsr.org
Jul 15th 2013 new
I prefer early. 7:15 is our early Mass. But I would like a 6:00 AM if it was available.Funny story yesterday. The fire alarm was going off before Mass started. Everybody went outside for the start of Mass. the fire department arrived and reset the alarm just about the time the readings were done. we all went inside and finished the Mass. the priest made a great joke "Tthis is the first time I ever saw everyone will arrive at all once and on time."
Posts 11 - 20 of 112