Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 26th 2013 new
No not at all, I know I am very young so it doesnt bother me being called the kid haha. And I do not do a lot of reading, at least not this type of stuff. I guess I just hear the right stuff at the right time. Anything true I say is of God, not me.

And I realize that we need to be warmer towards Jewish bretheren in order to convert them. However I assumed that talking among other Catholics I could be blunt with them but apparently i was wrong. I know that no one will want to convert if I tell them up front like I did earlier the things I did, but it is also important that other Catholics do no lose sight of the Truth they are trying to lead others too.

I do not think we should cut them some slack, the whole point of ecunemical movement was to try and convert. Christ could come back tomorrow and if there is even a chance that some of them could be condemned because they were prideful or refused to convert then it makes it even more so a priority to help convert their souls.

I admit openly, that I am not good at being charitable in delivering what small amount of Truth God has revealed to me and I know it is something I need to ask God to assist me with. But there is a difference between charitable and nice. Charitable means telling someone if they do not change they could be condemned to hell. This was Jesus message. Nice is something our culture has developed that seems to suggest there can be no conflict and hurting of feelings in anything at anytime. Which is obviously not true

Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Just re-read it. Thanks Alex!
Those passages do reveal that the Church is the New Israel. I forgot to include one other passage: John 8.
Posts 111 - 112 of 112