Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: Beautiful church Mark!
Thanks Trish, as long as I live in this area, that church will always be my home no matter what. It is the oldest church in my area built in 1837 and therefore the mother church of Dayton, Ohio
Jul 14th 2013 new
I am also suprised that O Come all ye faithful and Angels we have heard on High are not mentioned on profiles more as favorite hymns
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: I am also suprised that O Come all ye faithful and Angels we have heard on High are not mentioned on profiles more as favorite hymns
O Come All Ye Faithful is on mine. For me it's almost not Christmas if I don't belt that out as Midnight Mass begins ..... biggrin xmastree
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: O Come All Ye Faithful is on mine. For me it's almost not Christmas if I don't belt that out as Midnight Mass begins .....
Edward I agree with you, my church always opens Midnight Mass with that hymn and we close with Angels we have heard on high
Jul 15th 2013 new
I had to smile at this. Some years ago there were several regular forumites who abhorred and despised this song. It was always amusing to read their exchanges.
To each his own, I guess.
Jul 15th 2013 new
After having a discussion about this song with a girl that I met here on CM, she put on her twitter "Catholic dealbreaker - if they like On Eagles Wings". I happen to like this song, but apparently it was too much for her! rolling eyes
Jul 15th 2013 new
Mark, "Thank You" for sharing "On Eagle's Wings" It is a favorite of mine. Also, I needed to hear it right about now.
Jul 15th 2013 new
I think in a lot of ways (as a church musician), people may feel it is overused -- I tend to reserve it for funerals, since it has such a strong connection with that particular service, but every once in a while, Father will request it.

Not as often as he requests "Song of the Body of Christ", however, which I now have memorized... for better or worse.

Favorite hymns would be Panis Angelicus, and What Wondrous Love Is This... among many others.
Jul 15th 2013 new
Sounds mighty shallow to me.
Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Mary Did You Know is another favortie
Way before he made that song famous, I took a young lady to see Kenny Rogers and the First Edition in downtown Washington, DC. It was 1964. He's always been a favorite, and I too love that beautiful song.
Posts 11 - 20 of 20