Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Grilling alone...

Jul 14th 2013 new
So I'm a pretty solitary guy. I'm not big on crowds, I value my alone time. Tonight I grilled my dinner out in the yard. Prepped the meat and the vegetables. Built the fire, added the charcoal. Old school, no propane or liquid fuels here. Worked in the garden while the file settled down. Somewhere along the way I had one of those moments. One of those moments when you realize that things ain't quite right. 'Cause this is something that would be better done for someone, with someone. Do you have those moments, when grilling alone isn't enough?

BTW, there's no ice cream in the house. There really oughta be someone to go get ice cream with too! smile

Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: So I'm a pretty solitary guy. I'm not big on crowds, I value my alone time. Tonight I grilled my dinner out in the yard. Prepped the meat and the vegetables. Built the fire, added the charcoal. Old school, no propane or liquid fuels here. Worked in the garden while the file settled down. Somewhere along the way I had one of those moments. One of those moments when you realize that things ain't quite right. 'Cause this is something that would be better done for someone, with someone. Do you have those moments, when grilling alone isn't enough?

BTW, there's no ice cream in the house. There really oughta be someone to go get ice cream with too!

Yes I do have those moments. Just made and ate Sunday dinner. Salmon, brown rice vegetables. Salad later. YES. But I have filled up my time with interests. I have hobbies and reading and studying and my own interests and pursuits. I hope that someone will find me. Someone who is kind--- to start with.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Oh yes John.Going to church and religious events where I'm not singing in the choir.When I want to goes to a movie or somewhere else.

Jul 14th 2013 new
You said it! Single on a Sunday night Stinks!
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said:   There really oughta be someone to go get ice cream with too!

You share ice cream?
Hey, girls! A saint in the making! Step right up! biggrin
Jul 14th 2013 new
I don't cook for just myself. It's depressing.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Those are the moments when I start grilling myself about why I am alone. When I am done grilling myself, then I start grilling God, Mary, Joseph, and all the saints and angels.
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: So I'm a pretty solitary guy. I'm not big on crowds, I value my alone time. Tonight I grilled my dinner out in the yard. Prepped the meat and the vegetables. Built the fire, added the charcoal. Old school, no propane or liquid fuels here. Worked in the garden while the file settled down. Somewhere along the way I had one of those moments. One of those moments when you realize that things ain't quite right. 'Cause this is something that would be better done for someone, with someone. Do you have those moments, when grilling alone isn't enough?

BTW, there's no ice cream in the house. There really oughta be someone to go get ice cream with too!

I feel the same way about the fire pit in my back yard. I love to burn it, but it seems weird to do it just for me, and I don't always want to invite people over to make a party out of it...
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: Those are the moments when I start grilling myself about why I am alone. When I am done grilling myself, then I start grilling God, Mary, Joseph, and all the saints and angels.
Good one Andrew.. i got a good Laugh out of that! biggrin
Jul 14th 2013 new
Ditto on your post..with a few exceptions. I have a gas grill so no lengthy drawn out process,,but on occasion i'll ask my neighbor (he's a single dad) if he wants to throw something on the grill and i'll handle the side dishes. We kick back with a few beers and enjoy dinner out on the patio. biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 41