Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 14th 2013 new
Why, I do that to myself all the time..so it's not only you! laughing laughing tongue

Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Oh yes John.Going to church and religious events where I'm not singing in the choir.When I want to goes to a movie or somewhere else.

My parish is a very family oriented one. Many couples of all ages. Definitely feel that I'd like a hand to hold.

As for grilling... I'm a lousy cook, so I stay away from anything I'm capable of burning shhh
Jul 14th 2013 new
I have some crazy cocktail napkins with a goofy gal caricature (hope that's spelled right- it's late) holding her grilling tools and the saying is "Does a man come with this grill?" Ah, wouldn't that be something?
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: You said it! Single on a Sunday night Stinks!
I think Single on any day stinks when you going to do something that is better done with someone else as well
Jul 15th 2013 new
Have you tried putting yourself out there....sending messages or contacting ladies you were interested in. We all have those moments when we wish there was someone else there to do things with but in honestly unless you get out there and meet people or try to engage folks in conversation you'll most likely still have to do those activities alone. Just saying.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Have you tried putting yourself out there....sending messages or contacting ladies you were interested in. We all have those moments when we wish there was someone else there to do things with but in honestly unless you get out there and meet people or try to engage folks in conversation you'll most likely still have to do those activities alone. Just saying.
There are CM members who'll send out one hundred messages or emotes just to see what sticks. I'm not that guy.I'm not the most aggressive CM user. But, I'm not quite the most timid either. I'm the guy who's going to pick out one or two women at a time, who really interest me, and try to strike up a conversation to see where it leads. I don't live in the most fertile land when it comes to faithful, age appropriate, Catholic women. I think, in a decade on line, I've approached maybe two or three women local to me, that I thought fit the bill. Alas, to no avail. So, most of my contact has been long distance. I've put it on the line for the long distance thing too. Plane rides and all day drives. Also, thus far, to no avail. Maybe, as they say, it's me! smile Each of us has our own way, and I hope we do the best we can within the scope of who God made us to be. Maybe sometimes we push ourselves a little bit, to go outside our comfort zone. But, I'm not really sure that the numbers are what brings ultimate success.

All that said, I think maybe my original post came off as "whoa is me, I'm still single". We all do that, but that wasn't my intent. It was more that, Sunday evening, for just a little while, I had the sense that I really wanted to do this for someone else, not myself. An affirmation of vocation perhaps? Maybe just an affirmation of the call to serve in general.

And yes, having someone to walk to the ice cream stand with after would be nice too.
Jul 15th 2013 new
Last night, that one little ol burger looked so lonely on the grill by itself... I had to throw on zucchini and peppers and onions so it didn't look so pathetic.

I think being divorced makes a difference in mindset.... sometimes it is easier to eat alone than to have a tense meal with someone.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Monica-291280 said:
I think being divorced makes a difference in mindset.... sometimes it is easier to eat alone than to have a tense meal with someone.
Kids affect the mindset, too. I treasure alone time since I have so little of it. I do miss wonderful couple time, though. hug
Jul 15th 2013 new
I understand what you mean, but, well, I cherish those few times I eat alone!
I still have children at home -- I make meals for us all. the. time.
I love to cook and bake so that's ok and all.
But, it would all be so much better making a meal for my man! Or with my man! Or by my man!
And -- I'm always up for a walk for ice cream! or gelato.
How's an older woman with a bunch of kids look to you, John?
Jul 15th 2013 new
Sam -- same thought, same time!
Posts 11 - 20 of 41