Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 15th 2013 new
John, I see the point you are making. Is this our destiny to grill alone or is there someone out there waiting to join us? When we reach out to others and get no response, what is our recourse? Or should we simply accept things?
Jul 15th 2013 new
Andrew, What is the point of all the grilling? What does it accomplish? Does it bring about the change you are looking for?
Jul 15th 2013 new
Ann, Yes, we do reach out. We do send messages. We do not receive anything further. The big question is WHY?
Jul 15th 2013 new
I think some folks get scared and aren't ready for a relationship just haven't admited it to themselves others are just here to play or windowshop and unforutes some are players with no commitment on their mind.
Jul 15th 2013 new
Sorry I misread the intent of your post. It sounds like you have reached out. You would be surprised though at how many don't and then complain when things don't fall in their lap. Best of luck to you.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: So I'm a pretty solitary guy. I'm not big on crowds, I value my alone time. Tonight I grilled my dinner out in the yard. Prepped the meat and the vegetables. Built the fire, added the charcoal. Old school, no propane or liquid fuels here. Worked in the garden while the file settled down. Somewhere along the way I had one of those moments. One of those moments when you realize that things ain't quite right. 'Cause this is something that would be better done for someone, with someone. Do you have those moments, when grilling alone isn't enough?

BTW, there's no ice cream in the house. There really oughta be someone to go get ice cream with too!

That's why I always grill with my friendly ghost, Casper!

On a serious note though, I probably am too young to completely understand how you feel, but I do know how loneliness feels and it sucks (for lack of a better word). That's why I always grill with family or friends. Even if there isn't an occasion and you're feeling down, call up your buddies together or hang out with a sibling. It helps so much to kill that pain. And also, when that feeling sets in, just pray. I always direct lonely friends to Jeremiah 29:11 because its so true. God has plans for all of us and He really works in mysterious ways. Just don't give up and always remain hopeful. I didn't give up and I found "her" eventually. Well, more like we found each other. :)
Jul 15th 2013 new
I strongly and HIGHLY suggest that each and every one of you check out the NCSC event advertised here on CM. It's a great opportunity to meet people, even just as friends. There's a bit of everything. If you're not a social person, there's plenty of adoration chapel time, praise & worship, and great talks. If you are an active, talkative person there is a dance, social dinners and post conference time where you can go site-seeing.

It's awesome heart I went for the first time 2 years ago in San Antonio and I only attended part of it (because of work) and the spiritual experience I had affected me. I went again last year to Denver and enjoyed it even more. For those of you that live close to Philadelphia, it's worth a shot.

Don't focus on finding a date. It's about finding God. And if you already have Him, then you'll get to know yourself even better theheart People from all over the US go to this event!

Jul 15th 2013 new
For me it's going to Farmer's Market. I go alone because I want the fresh produce and I like the idea of supporting local farmers. However, going by myself never feels quite right. There are couples and families all around. I usually buy the fruits and vegetables I want and leave rather than hanging out to listen to the live band or check out the other vendors. There are some activities that are better with someone else by your side.
Jul 15th 2013 new
John, I almost feel your pain. I grill alone but feed my starving children, and when they are full they are out the door, lol.

I would love to grill with an adult companion and have them flip the steak or burgers or chicken and stick around for some camaraderie.

So we Grill Alonehug

Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said: All that said, I think maybe my original post came off as "whoa is me, I'm still single". We all do that, but that wasn't my intent. It was more that, Sunday evening, for just a little while, I had the sense that I really wanted to do this for someone else, not myself. An affirmation of vocation perhaps? Maybe just an affirmation of the call to serve in general.
I know exactly how you feel and I didn't take it as a "whoa is me" post. After a usual relaxing Sunday and picking weeds in the flowerbed while waiting for the grilling to finish, I had the same feeling yesterday. I do think it's an affirmation of your vocation. Living in a house with empty rooms makes the thoughts come more often also. But God's timing is perfect.

Having a big dog around the house makes the grill a little less pathetic looking since he ensures that I throw something on there for him too. wink
Posts 21 - 30 of 41