Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jul 19th 2013 new
There aren't twice as many men as women.. The numbers are pretty close with women outnumbering men (by a small margin) because more women are willing to use an online site than men are.. I did CM events all over the country and the women at events out number the men by an average of 3 women for every one man.. Women will go for the social aspect. Men will only go if they see there are women they would clearly be interested in already committed to attend.. Men have no idea what they are missing.
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: There aren't twice as many men as women.. The numbers are pretty close with women outnumbering men (by a small margin) because more women are willing to use an online site than men are.. I did CM events all over the country and the women at events out number the men by an average of 3 women for every one man.. Women will go for the social aspect. Men will only go if they see there are women they would clearly be interested in already committed to attend.. Men have no idea what they are missing.
Donna, my experience with a CM event was the same as yours, with a ratio of 3.5 women (1/2 of a woman? - try to explain that to 5th graders!) for every man. I agree, men are really missing out on a "good time" with friends. I don't care though as I just enjoy meeting like minded people for a "good time".
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: There aren't twice as many men as women.. The numbers are pretty close with women outnumbering men (by a small margin) because more women are willing to use an online site than men are.. I did CM events all over the country and the women at events out number the men by an average of 3 women for every one man.. Women will go for the social aspect. Men will only go if they see there are women they would clearly be interested in already committed to attend.. Men have no idea what they are missing.
Thank you Donna. My original men-to-women membership ratio observation stands corrected. In spite of the ratio at meet-ups, I recall a woman making a private observation to me that she would have been interested in such individual events, but when she found out in advance that there were going to be like 20+ women there and only two guys (confirmed) she said she too just decided to stay home. When I first joined this site a few months ago (thinking that the ratio was like two guys to every gal) I had no plans to participate in group meet-ups. I might reconsider, but the event needs to be more than just a couple of hours of drinks and social babble. I have no interest in discussing pop culture, favorite TV shows, obscure movies, people's favorite drinks, etc... hope folks can get my drift. Men like action, especially here in the NW, and I am not an exception.
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Thank you Donna. My original men-to-women membership ratio observation stands corrected. In spite of the ratio at meet-ups, I recall a woman making a private observation to me that she would have been interested in such individual events, but when she found out in advance that there were going to be like 20+ women there and only two guys (confirmed) she said she too just decided to stay home. When I first joined this site a few months ago (thinking that the ratio was like two guys to every gal) I had no plans to participate in group meet-ups. I might reconsider, but the event needs to be more than just a couple of hours of drinks and social babble. I have no interest in discussing pop culture, favorite TV shows, obscure movies, people's favorite drinks, etc... hope folks can get my drift. Men like action, especially here in the NW, and I am not an exception.
If you had come to AZ in April you would have gone to a baseball game, gone hiking through the Arboretum and gone hiking and jeep riding in Sedona. There was no time for "social babble and drinks", except maybe while driving to Sedona, of which there definitely was no "drinks". Of course we "broke bread" together and if that makes you uncomfortable I guess you could have stayed in your hotel room and ordered in.

All I can say is "get out" and please don't assume that a CM event is a couple of drinks and social babble. cool
Posts 11 - 14 of 14