Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jul 22 new
If the only way to have my kids was to go through it all again, of course I would! It saddens me greatly that they won't get to witness what a beautiful sacrament marriage really is, & I pray that they are able to move forward & have healthy relationships.
Jul 26 new
hard question for me to answer because my kids didn't have a dad around.....for multiple reasons
I was alone and really struggled with one son who particularly needed a male role model......
but I accepted God's will and ''gave it my best'' and continue as my 3 adult kids are still very much in need of their mother.
Jul 26 new
The only thing I would do differently is stress a whole lot less! My kids have grown up with excellent models of marriage in my parents, brother's, and other relatives marriages. My brothers were the perfect examples of what being a Dad was all about. They were there for all the Daddy Daughter, & Father Son in my kids lives. The children grew up in a strongly Catholic environment. Because I was involved in many ministries, they grew up with Sisters, Priests, and Brothers around the house. I love the fact that it was my son who stated to his fianc that Fr. D. will be the officiant at their Nuptials and Mass. My children are proof that prayers ARE answered. At 34 and 36, they are my dearest friends, best supporters, and loudest cheerleaders. God certainly filled their lives with Grace and Love! For tat I give thanks and praise!
Jul 26 new
I could not predict when I married at age 24 (he was 27, we both had college degrees and came from strong Catholic families) that we would divorce nearly 15 years later with 3 young children, and one in heaven. I wish we could have retained a happy, intact family, but that was not to be -- for many reasons. Our lives have developed in sometimes startling, challenging ways.

I believe that my ex-husband would agree that he would do it over gain. I would. Our kids are amazing, mature, responsible.

What an interesting question. It has caused me much reflection.
Jul 27 new
I agree that I would have divorced earlier (to protect my kids)

I am not sure I would have married my husband again because of what he did to my oldest. I am grateful that he is doing well now.

Had I not gotten married, I would have adopted.. Somehow I would have had kids.

I agree it is a good question because I would never hurt my kids on purpose. And given a second chance, I would have wanted better for my kids.
Jul 27 new
(quote) Monique-961646 said: Would you do it all over again be a single parent.? I most definitely would because my kids,are a gift from God and because of them I've grown into the person I am today. I would change one thing I would have left my ex husband sooner.
I certainly would; As a matter of fact I would very much welcome such challenge. Single or not, I wish I could do it all over again, do it better this time, avoid mistakes I have made as 19 years old father. I do want to be a father again, to the children of my own, or to the children of my beloved.
Aug 02 new
Yes! Over the years I have questioned whether I am cut out to be a wife, but I KNOW I was called to be a mother. It is the most difficult, satisfying thing I have ever done. My kids challenge me to sacrifice in ways I didn't know I could. I have to be better, try harder, keep myself to a higher standard because they are watching. My children are the two greatest blessings I have ever received.

Aug 03 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Yes! Over the years I have questioned whether I am cut out to be a wife, but I KNOW I was called to be a mother. It is the most difficult, satisfying thing I have ever done. My kids challenge me to sacrifice in ways I didn't know I could. I have to be better, try harder, keep myself to a higher standard because they are watching. My children are the two greatest blessings I have ever received.

''what she said''.....I know I have thought this often but never seen it in print.......sigh
Aug 03 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: ''what she said''.....I know I have thought this often but never seen it in print.......sigh
Thanks, Susan! At least somebody 'gets it.' hug
Posts 11 - 19 of 19