Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 23rd 2013 new
Do peas come in different color? I am not talking black eyed peas but regular one....

i could give up talking to myself as I do get quite a considerable amount of "looks".
I would be willing to share a multitude of my many talents.
I would give up ALL my LIMA BEANS, baby and otherwise.
I would sacrifice the channel changer SOMETIMES as I am used to having control.
If it bothered my partner, I would even limit my viewing of Dog...Bounty Hunter! laughing laughing laughing

Eileen

Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Myrna-987386 said: Let me ask all of you, if you were playing a game of golf with your boss (not your spouse) who controls most if not all of your earthly material toys, and you were going to win, and he was a close second, would you throw the game to save your harmonious job relationships?

Remember the 7 deadly sins, and one of them is envy. In the Bible, Cain killed his brother, Abel, because he was so envious-jealous. At that judgment moment of a game where there are no spectators, emotions run very high. What is your relationship? Can you survive that win?

In my experience, there are two kinds of people, one who is a farmer that plants and harbors seeds of resentments in their heart. They never forget even on the smallest of details. This person is a like a stack of dry hay that can burn and hurt, and the other who forgives and does not carry a heavy heart. Know who you play with in a game where there are clearly winners and losers, and live with your decision when you can choose to win or lose, and be at peace.
We all know that Satan is the purveyor of envy. I believe that the increase in insecurity parallels an increase in envy. So Satan is also the purveyor of insecurity, WHICH increases a man's need for "ego boosting". When Satan enters a person's mind he tells them that they are not "enough", smart enough, strong enough, good-looking enough, and this person develops a low self-image which he believes can only be boosted by others words/actions (thus the need for the woman to lose the golf game to her husband). As long as he is following Satan's path he has to always be the "winner" because "winning" gives him a sense of security.
I recall playing table tennis with my former husband. He had a $45 paddle that he kept showing off. I played a mean game of ping pong and silently walked away. He was so arrogant that there was no way I was going to let him win. He never played ping pong again. If he had been less arrogant I would not have tried so hard to beat him.
Pride and envy, two of the most deadly sins.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: When Satan enters a person's mind he tells them that they are not "enough", smart enough, strong enough, good-looking enough, and this person develops a low self-image which he believes can only be boosted by others words/actions......
Pride and envy, two of the most deadly sins.
Sometimes other people tell us we are not enough. They say that we do not measure up, have defects, barriers, and obstacles that cannot be overcome. As if to infer that we might be inherently, organically, or spiritually incapable of becoming acceptable to others. That is when we must remember who God says we are, and not let those words fill us with self-doubt, insecurity, and self-hatred. We then must trust in the Silence of God instead of the cacophonous words of other people.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
If you own a dog .. You are already Awesome in my book!!

m.youtube.com
Posts 101 - 104 of 104