Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: Very hard for me too give up sailing.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MVzDcsp-rVE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMVzDcsp-rVE
Sail together. biggrin biggrinShould be romantic lovestruck!
Jul 19th 2013 new
Hey Tom, send the black licorice my way! I love it!!!
Jul 19th 2013 new
I would be willing to give up a lot of things - but NOT my cats!! fluffy
Jul 19th 2013 new
My XBox...I don't play it much anymore, though. My books, then. THAT would be very tough to give up, but I'd do it for the right woman.
Jul 20th 2013 new
Bob - don't let a perfectly good gift certificate go to waste. Most women of any age would be happy to be a dinner companion in exchange for a nice steak or whatever. It isn't a long-term commitment, just dinner. Maybe a good friendship will develop and we can all use more friends. If I were in the same city I would volunteer. Have a lovely dinner!
Jul 20th 2013 new
Never tried PBJ on rye before, usually on whole wheat. I love rye bread with a bit of butter, garlic, salt, and parmesan cheese... YUM!

Hmmmmm, what would I give up... maybe pineapple.... (maybe not).

I would consider pretty much anything, aside from family and my trusted friends.
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Loneliness...............
Just a thought:

Loneliness and being alone are two very different things: loneliness is a state of mind; being alone is a state of being. One can be alone and not be lonely, or one can be in a room full of people and be lonely.

The key is to banishing loneliness is to learn to stop focusing on what we don't have and focus on what we do have -- and how we can use it to help others.

Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Just a thought:

Loneliness and being alone are two very different things: loneliness is a state of mind; being alone is a state of being. One can be alone and not be lonely, or one can be in a room full of people and be lonely.

The key is to banishing loneliness is to learn to stop focusing on what we don't have and focus on what we do have -- and how we can use it to help others.

Yes!
The key to banishing loneliness is to stop focusing on what we don't have and focus on what we do have -- and how we can use it to help others."
Pure truth.
Jul 20th 2013 new
It's so simple yet hard to remember to do! Thanks for the wise words for today Jerry!
Have a good weekend!
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Just a thought:

Jerry, that is beautiful.

There are feelings, deep feelings of longing for a Holly Companionship, an incredible type of Partnership called marriage.
Quoting Genesis: "God created Man, man and a woman He created them". To me it means that He created Him for Her and Her for Him. Without Her, He is incomplete, without Him, She is incomplete.

So maybe longing would be more accurate term.
Posts 41 - 50 of 104