Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 19 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Yes, you have every right to be here as well, just be very honest and clear, does your profile indicate 'in the midst of the annulment process, just seeking friendship/fellowship' etc....this site has served in so many ways, folks have learned more about their faith, have learned about themselves and what they want, have discerned vocations, have found love and marriage, and yes, hurt and disappointments as well, but....it's also a great place for friendship, fellowship, travel, companionship, entertainment (chat rooms, forums, etc) you get what you put into it, is my favorite philosophy, and always pray for God's will....blessings, hugs and prayers for all who are awaiting that final decree.
Thank you Jacqueline;
I'm starting to notice that this is much more than just a dating site. It is very engaging to the point where I just fell among my friends.
Jul 19 new
Bohdan,being a dreamer myself, I would have found it almost painful being on C.M before my Annulment was granted.I would have found it very hard not to hope and dream-and feel attraction.I personally could not have been here...yet where does one go to find that support and friendship that is generated through C.M?
I think the "Friendship Only" sounds wise,and regular confession-and the will to keep learning about our faith.
Jul 19 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Bohdan,being a dreamer myself, I would have found it almost painful being on C.M before my Annulment was granted.I would have found it very hard not to hope and dream-and feel attraction.I personally could not have been here...yet where does one go to find that support and friendship that is generated through C.M?
I think the "Friendship Only" sounds wise,and regular confession-and the will to keep learning about our faith.
Thank you Ann;
Your advice is very wise. The very reason I started this thread, was because I felt uncomfortable.
I do find it "very hard not to hope and dream-and feel attraction". Really, very hard.

You advise "the will to keep learning about our faith". I have been studying my faith in depth, regularly for last few years. Do you think my presence here might be contrary to Catholic teachings?
Please don't hesitate to be open, whatever opinion you express, I would not be offended. On the contrary It could be a valuable lesson to me.

Jul 19 new
Does it make sense? YES!

First, technically speaking, this is not a dating site. It's a place for Christian fellowship. That's why there are blogs and articles and discussions not related strictly to getting romance going. If you want to make new friends of either sex, this is a good place.

Second, after a relationship ends (no matter what kind of relationship or how it ends) we need to rediscover ourselves as individuals -- not as part of a couple. This takes time. The give and take in the forums is a great way to find out things about yourself and the opposite sex that you never dreamed of.

Third, making new acquaintances brings us out of the self-absorption that this re-discovery process may cause. Prayer requests, secrets confided, shared pain all give us reasons to pray. We hope that leads us to being better Catholics.

So, keep on plugging, hang out in the forums, attend an event...or start one yourself. And have fun!

Jul 19 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: Bohdan,being a dreamer myself, I would have found it almost painful being on C.M before my Annulment was granted.I would have found it very hard not to hope and dream-and feel attraction.I personally could not have been here...yet where does one go to find that support and friendship that is generated through C.M?
Just another thought Ann;
I do "hope and dream-and feel attraction", whether I am a member here or not. After all I do meet a lot of people, some of them Catholic women, eligible for marriage. This is what made me to decide to proceed with annulment after 15 years of being a single parent, although I haven't met my queen out there.
I refrained from approaching such women, other as their brother in faith. I don't want to make false impression or mislead anyone here or anywhere else.
I just changed my status to "Friendship Only", I think it was good advice.

I also would like to tell you, that if I found here, or anywhere else, the woman of my dreams, who is awaiting the annulment verdict, I would wait for her, until the decision is made. If and when her annulment was granted, then I would make my intentions clear. If she had known my intentions already, I would reaffirm.

If her annulment was not granted, honestly speaking I don't know what I would do, after all she would by my one and only, would I start looking for another one and only? Can we really meet more than one, in our lifetime? Is it possible that there are many out here that could be a perfect match?
Jul 19 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Does it make sense? YES!

First, technically speaking, this is not a dating site. It's a place for Christian fellowship. That's why there are blogs and articles and discussions not related strictly to getting romance going. If you want to make new friends of either sex, this is a good place.

Second, after a relationship ends (no matter what kind of relationship or how it ends) we need to rediscover ourselves as individuals -- not as part of a couple. This takes time. The give and take in the forums is a great way to find out things about yourself and the opposite sex that you never dreamed of.

Third, making new acquaintances brings us out of the self-absorption that this re-discovery process may cause. Prayer requests, secrets confided, shared pain all give us reasons to pray. We hope that leads us to being better Catholics.

So, keep on plugging, hang out in the forums, attend an event...or start one yourself. And have fun!

Marge, you are wonderful, thank you so much.
Jul 19 new
Hope Pope Francis bridges back to Vatican two and makes it easier not harder for annulments . Makes marriage harder . Continues the GOOD work of pope John 23 .So far its been that way .The new Pope mobile is the Ford Focus used with no frills . What Does OBAMA drive ?
Jul 19 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Does it make sense? YES!

have fun!

When does the fun start..
Jul 19 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Hope Pope Francis bridges back to Vatican two and makes it easier not harder for annulments . Makes marriage harder . Continues the GOOD work of pope John 23 .So far its been that way .The new Pope mobile is the Ford Focus used with no frills . What Does OBAMA drive ?
Beside annulment issue, Pope Francis took my heart by storm. He consecrated His Papacy to Our Lady of Fatima. Those of you who know what it means, may understand that he is going to be humble, but uncompromising. We can expect miracles.

Jul 19 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

When does the fun start..
Remember the verse "To everything there is a season." Yeah, dating is agony and glorious.
Posts 11 - 20 of 72