Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: Thank you Trish,
I'm not going anywhere, I'll wait for this bucket list item to happen for you
Thank you Boden - It's all in God's plan for us! It's the waiting to find out what that is that is hard.
biggrin biggrin
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said:
"I just changed my status to "Friendship Only", I think it was good advice.", per Bohdan

"Can we really meet more than one, in our lifetime? Is it possible that there are many out here that could be a perfect match?", per  Bohdan
RE: your choice to change your status to "Friendship Only"

You did appear so troubled and anxious by what you seemed to believe was "misleading" and I hope that this decision will bring you peace.

RE: can we really meet more than one 'one and only' in our lifetime?

Perhaps it is now I who am the dreamer but I believe that we can. If it is God's plan for me to have the vocation to the married life, I choose to believe that He would not be so cruel as to send only one possibility. What if that 'only one' with my so-called name on him does not hear the word that God is speaking to them? After all that other person also has free will and twists and turns in their life that may keep them from being my 'one and only' intended. That would leave me alone without a spouse forever. That would not fulfill His plan for me. Or what if because I have chosen not to seek an annulment for so many years someone else's vocation to the married life has not taken place because I wasn't listening. I don't pretend to know the mind of God but I do believe that He has 'back-up plans' built in to His creations.
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: Thank you Boden - It's all in God's plan for us! It's the waiting to find out what that is that is hard.
I'm so sorry I spelled your name wrong Bohdan! :crying
Jul 19th 2013 new
Well ,I guess you could put the question to your Priest and hear his advice as to whether it is alright
by God to be here.Everybody is different in how they handle temptations .Before my Annulment came about, I kept in mind for eight years that I was still Married and that it was wrong to look around.Mortal sin is a serious thing.I had to be prepared to live out my life as "separated".
To me it feels wrong to be open to meeting "the one" while still married-even if you are in the process.
I'm sure God will provide "the one" in His time AFTER (not yelling:) ) the Annulment is granted. scratchchin
Jul 19th 2013 new
There is room here for everyone..Many of us came here without annulments and used our time and experiences and the support of others to get it done.
Jul 19th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: There is room here for everyone..Many of us came here without annulments and used our time and experiences and the support of others to get it done.
That's exactly what my status was for several years.
Jul 19th 2013 new
Happy Birthday Donna!Yes I do agree fully with you -if one has their "Blinkers " (as in horse tack) on.Eyes forward,not looking all around biggrin
Jul 20th 2013 new
(quote) Bohdan-989259 said: I'm just beginnig the annulment proceedings. On the forums I came across opinions, that we should not open our hearts to someone who doesn' have one. It may result in bitter dissapointment if two peopple find themslves attracted to each other, but one of them is refused the Annulment by the Church.

I find such statement very true. I don't want to fall in love, and experience the dissapointment of not being granted the annulment. I don't want to create false hopes for any woman that would consider me as potential husband (if that is possible, that is).

Does it really make any sense for someone like me to be a participant on Catholic dating site?

A dating site? Or Catholic Match?

There are many people in situations similar to yours who use the site as a source of fellowship with other Catholics and to learn more about the Faith. The owners envisioned this as they developed the site and encourage it; the site rules explicitly allow for such use.

Jul 20th 2013 new
Mebbe so but first ya gots to get a date. boggled
Jul 20th 2013 new
You know ME, don't you?
Posts 21 - 30 of 72